Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Rhun

First Post
Dannis considers the implications that Harrowstone housed violent and dangerous criminals, and how that may be used to the advantage of any necromancer that might be living in the prison.

OOC: Religion +5, to try to determine what sorts of undead might be lurking in Harrowstone based on the type of prisoners that died there.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC Dice Rolller

OOC: The ENWorld dice roller is working. I just did a test in the OOC.

OOC: Syntax is [roll]dice and mods you want rolled, eg. 1d20+5[*/roll], without the asterisk. I'd probably recommend using a separate "roll", "/roll" statement for each die you roll.

Scotley

Hero
Let's try this thing:

Religion Check: [roll0]

Based on some things that he saw in the professor's notes Dannis has reason to suspect that the particularly foul criminals who died here will produce unusual undead. The professor believed that some force was holding back the full power of the unique and dangerous beings. There could be more information to be had elsewhere about the particular prisoners of note.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco asks Kenda, "Besides the Prison and this trunk of books, Was your father working on anything else or would he have any other books somewhere else?"

Scotley

Hero
Kendra considers for a moment, "Father didn't have anything else here locally, though maybe back at the University." She stops and thinks yet more. "He sometimes went to the town hall to look things up and I'm sure they have records about the prison and prisoners, but you'd have to talk the city council into giving you access." She looks at Dannis, "the Temple of Pharasma probably has the most books on local people and history in town. Finally, there is another learned man in town with a bit of library. Alendru Ghoroven has a place called The Unfurling Scroll. It is a sort of school house and shop. He even has magic items for sale on occasion. He and father didn't always see eye to eye. Alendru thinks only about making money. He charges a small fee to use his books or give lessons."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Vadim looks thoughtful as Kendra lists off the options for gathering information about the prison and its history. "So Ser Ghoroven is our best bet of actually getting to lay eyes on information - all it takes is money. The Pharasman temple and City Hall will likely have more information, but will require a little finessing to get access. I suggest we try all three; those of us with a holy bent can work the temple, and the smooth talkers can try city hall. The ones who're better off not trying to interact with the townsfolk due to local prejudice can go to the bookseller.".​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger 3

"Guess that means to the bookseller's for me, right?

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger 3

S15,D16,C14 [-2, stirge],I12,W12,C11
AC:21[10+7(+1 breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35-5=30/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[section]

Vadim looks thoughtful as Kendra lists off the options for gathering information about the prison and its history. "So Ser Ghoroven is our best bet of actually getting to lay eyes on information - all it takes is money. The Pharasman temple and City Hall will likely have more information, but will require a little finessing to get access. I suggest we try all three; those of us with a holy bent can work the temple, and the smooth talkers can try city hall. The ones who're better off not trying to interact with the townsfolk due to local prejudice can go to the bookseller.".​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]

OOC: Seems reasonable, but keep in mind it is now quite late in the evening and none of these places are open for business.

Remove ads