Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco has a seat at the table and assumes the others do the same. He orients the board to face Vadim since he came up with the good question to ask the spirits. He places his fingers on the part designed for it and waits for the others to do the same. Once they are all ready he looks eagerly to Vadim to ask the question.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

. . . and Vadim does so :D.

"Did a member of the Whispering Way kill Professor Lorrimor?"

Scotley

Hero
Kendra closes the drapes knowing that the locals would frown on such a seance in their village. "I found some information that may help." She holds up a page of notes she copied in a thin precise script from one of the books in her father's collection. After consulting the notes she places a white table cloth on the table under the board. "A symbol of the purity of our purpose. It is good that there are three of us, for three is a mystical number of considerable power in these matters." She hands each of you a candle and she lights a from the coals in the fire and joins you around the table.

As she lights your candles from her she intones. "Three times we call to the spirits and offer up this flame to light your way." She motions for each of you to pass the candles to the right and intones again. Then you pass the candles again as she intones the third time. You have now each touched all the candles and you place them to your right on the table so that there is a light burning between each of you. She reads from the paper again and lights a stick of incense from a candle. The smell of sandalwood fills the room and clears your head. She continues by lightly resting her fingers on the Planchette. You can't help noting the warmth and softness of her touch. She looks each of you in the eyes as if giving you one last chance to back out. She glaces at her notes again. "Now concentrate your mind. Focus on the Planchette, I believe you both have some knowledge of the magical arts? Good, act as though you were concentration on maintaining a spell."

She moves the planchette in three circles around the board and then takes a hand away to pass the incense over it and over each of you in turn.

"The veil has thinned, the flame is bright
and I blend this magic all that is right.
Celebrating life and death and rebirth
with these herbs I've harvested from the earth.
I send my intent by smoke in the air
and call on those whose blood I share.
I ask my ancestors to guide and watch over me,
As I will, so it shall be."

As she places her fingers back on the Planchette the candles flicker though there should be no breeze in the cozy home. You feel a chill and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. The Planchette begins to move lazily with no clear purpose. You concentrate and feel the cold brass slide about. Suddenly after a couple of minutes, the table lurches as if someone had stood abruptly banging into. Yet each of you is still with your hands still on the Planchette. She looks to Vadim and speaks in a strained voice, "Ask your question."

and Vadim does so:

"Did a member of the Whispering Way kill Professor Lorrimor?"

You feel the Planchette break from its lazy aimless swirls and can barely keep your fingers on it. It moves toward 'maybe' and then unerringly slides to point at 'Yes' before jerking to a stop.

OOC: DC11 Will save please Vadim.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

Vadim's handsome face takes on a look of concern as he notices Lady Kendra's distress.

"My lady, I'm sorry for your pain. Deeply as we feel the loss of our friend, you surely feel the Professor's absence much more keenly."

Rhun

First Post
The priest gives you a stern look. "We are not in the habit of passing out such blessings without good cause. What are your concerns?"

"I understand your misgivings, Father. Perhaps my companions can better explain their requests. For my part, I ask only for your knowledge. What can you tell me of Harrowstone? I find your town to be most pleasant, but I've heard rumors that the place is haunted."

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco, unknowingly moves his hand from the planchette to Lady Kenda's hand and doesn't speak a word, only meets her eye and tear with one of his own.

Scotley

Hero
"I understand your misgivings, Father. Perhaps my companions can better explain their requests. For my part, I ask only for your knowledge. What can you tell me of Harrowstone? I find your town to be most pleasant, but I've heard rumors that the place is haunted."

OOC: Diplomacy check please.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases