Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
As you discuss options and make your way up from the riverside where the monument is to the village proper a group of kids playing attracts your notice. A group of five little Varisian girls dressed in shawls and dresses are playing a skipping rope game at the side of the road. Each of the girls takes turns jumping in the rope while singing two lines of a rather disturbing song, then skips out of the rope to let the next girl take up the next two lines. The way in which the girls switch from skipping to passing the ends of the rope to each other to keep the whole thing going is strikingly well timed and well choreographed—and the verse itself, which the girls sing in Varisian, is rather disturbing. The five repeating verses are as follows:

Put her body on the bed.
Take a knife and lop her head.

Watch the blood come out the pipe.
Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe.

Drops of red so sparkly bright.
Splatters spell her name just right.

With a hammer killed his wife.
Now he wants to claim your life.

Tricksy father tells a lie.
Listen close or you will die.

At least you realize that you've reached a slightly higher level of acceptance in town given that the girls are not pulled from the path by nearby parents at your approach.

Scotley

Hero
Brendan will spend the time in the professors libriary leafing thru books and reading about local history etc.....

Brenden finds a bit of information about the history that only confirms what you've already learned.

Harrowstone was built in 4594. Ravengro was founded at the same time as a place where guards and their families could live and that would produce food and other supplies used by the prison. The fire that killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but left most of the stone structure above relatively intact.

The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on the riverbank just outside of town.

OOC: Make a history check to try and learn something new if you wish.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

"Well now...that in an interesting song. Dannis, since you seem to be a bit more accepted by these people than we less than human types, would you mind asking those parents where the children learned that rhyme? It very much seems to go with our investigation of the warden and his wife. Or maybe I'm reaching."

Scotley

Hero
Scott,
OOC:
Was there blood anywhere else that falco noticed around the statue or was it only the letters?

There was a good bit of blood scattered randomly as well as the letters. Likely the entire complement of blood from a small animal such as a cat or possum.

Rhun

First Post
Dannis nods, and moves away from the group to approach some of the parents of the skip-roping children. "Good morning. I was wondering if you might perchance be able to tell me where your children learned the verse to their game?"

Scotley

Hero
Dannis nods, and moves away from the group to approach some of the parents of the skip-roping children. "Good morning. I was wondering if you might perchance be able to tell me where your children learned the verse to their game?"

One woman, slightly bolder than the rest says the song has just been around 'forever.'

Rhun

First Post
"Thank you, goodwife," says Brae with a smile.

The cleric returns to join his companions and shrugs. "We can ask the sheriff if he knows anything about it."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases