Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"Well sure, I'll join you for a bit. Give me a sec." He makes sure the few other patrons are okay for the moment, stirs a big cast iron pot hanging over the heath, and pours another round and brings it over and sits down with a mug of his own. The smells from the pot set your mouths to watering. "What's on your mind?"

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

His mouth watering, Falco looks expectantly to the proprietor, "Is it ready yet?"
Waiting for an answer, the young man starts the conversation for the group, "You mentioned you tend to have a bit more of an open mind than some in town, what has happened here that causes everyone such fear?"

Leif

Adventurer

Besharrn gazes thoughtfully into his delicious brew and he thinks to himself, "Falco smart. Is good Besharrn have smart friend like him, that way Besharrn get to drink more and think less."
[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"Patience my hungry little guest. The corpse chowder will be ready soon enough. Enjoy the bread until then." He gestures to the bread put out when you arrived.

The Innkeep pitches his voice low and leans in close to speak on the matter of the local superstition. "Ah the people must be forgiven their natural fear of outsiders. Ustalav is a land steeped in traditions, ancient Varisian superstitions, and grim legends. The first people here scratched out a small country from lands held by Orcs and other worse things only to find the place was cursed. A curse that took form with the resurrection of the wicked warlord Tar-Baphon as a vile lich-king known as the Whispering Tyrant. The lich quickly conquered Ustalav, and for more than 600 years he ruled an empire of undead and living slaves founded on the country’s corpse. Even though the Shining Crusade ended the rule of the Lich centuries ago, Undead still roam. Other cursed creatures, Lycantropes and evil humanoids lurk in the wild. The people are poor and have little education. Most have never been 10 miles from the place they were born. The only magic this land knew for centuries was the evil power of the Lich and his minions. They have been slow to trust magic in any form. That is why some small minded folk never really trusted the Professor and his daughter and whispered of necromancy even though he never used his magic in public. Is it any wonder they fear anything new or different? Looking up at that burned out prison looming above the town every day doesn't help. Tis a dark and creepy place even under the noon sun."

Rhun

First Post
"What can you tell us of the prison," asks Dannis, sipping his ale. "What happened to it, and what is left?" The cleric offers the barkeep a smile. "We explorer types are always interested in such places."

Scotley

Hero
"Well the place has always had a sinister reputation, but of course it was destroyed by a fire before I was born. So I don't really know too much. Most of the hardened criminals sent to Harrowstone spent only a few months imprisoned, for it was here that most of Ustalav’s executions during that era were carried out. The fire that caused the tragedy was, in fact, a blessing in disguise, for the prisoners had rioted and gained control of the prison’s dungeons immediately prior to the conf lagration. It was only through the self sacrifice of Warden Hawkran and 23 of his guards that the prisoners were prevented from escaping—the guards gave their lives to save the town of Ravengro. That's what the monument down by the river is all about ya know, the sacrifice of the Warden and his guards in the fire to protect the citizens of Ravengro--really the families and friends of the guards when you think about it, from the prisoners." He pauses to check the chowder then returns.

"We don't much go up there if we can avoid it, but I heard the Professor say he'd been up there. Came in one evening pale as a sheet and drank more than usual. I asked him what was bothering him and he told me that he thought there might be some trouble up there. Well, right or wrong I didn't ask no more. Not something I really wanted to know. He said he'd prepare better next time, but well, that didn't work out so good. Took a couple rounds of the hard stuff for me and a couple other fellas to work up our nerve to go up and look for him when Ms. Kendra come round to say he was missing. Kinda funny when you think about it. I guess he was all prepared for ghosts or goblins and whatnot and then got hit on the head with some old stonework that fell off the wall. Just can't never tell can ya? That's why I say you might as well be happy and face what comes with a smile. When your time comes it don't much matter what you do anyhow." He raises his mug in silent toast to the Professor or perhaps to capricious fate and then drains it.

"Boy! Where'd you get to lad? Bring these folk some more bread while I serve up the chowder."

He ladles generous portions of the corpse chowder, which is blood red onto deep pewter plates and sets it before you with a look of pride on his face. The chowder is warm and rich with bite sized pieces of spring lamb and root vegetables. You suspect the color and a bit of sweetness comes from beets and a ground smoked mild local peppers. A few green herbs were added late in the cooking to yield up a more complex flavor and sense freshness. The hard boiled eggs sliced in half are no doubt supposed to put the diner in mind of eyeballs while the cut of the fingerling potatoes and other vegetables suggests fingers. Despite the appearance and the fact that the 'chowder' is really more of a stew it is quite good.

Pevrin, as the lad is called brings more bread. Once you are served, Zokar attends to the old chess players and a couple of laborers come in for an early lunch before returning to your table with a fresh round of Ghosts. The newcomers opt for a table on the far side of the room from you. "Hope it is to your liking gentlemen," asks Zokar obviously fishing for a complement.

Rhun

First Post
Dannis smiles at the man as he eats his soup. "Quite good, Zokar. Quite good, indeed. You have a gift for complex flavors."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim nods in agreement, waiting politely until he swallows his first mouthful before speaking. "Aye, it's excellent! Lady Kendra's hospitality has been excellent and I'd not speak poorly of it under any circumstances, but I believe this is the best food I've eaten since we arrived!"

[sblock=Stat Block]
VADIM NAZDRAVAN CR 2
Male Half-Elf Bard (Archaeologist) 3
CG Medium Humanoid (Elf, Human)
Hero Points 2
Init +5; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +10
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 15. . (+4 armor, +1 shield, +3 Dex)
HP 20 (3d8)
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +3
Defensive Abilities Trap Sense, Uncanny Dodge; Immune Sleep; Resist Elven Immunities
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Masterwork Scorpion Whip +5 (1d4+1/20/x2)
. . Silversheen Rapier +5 (1d6+1/18-20/x2)
. . Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3+1/20/x2)
Ranged
. . Darkwood Shortbow, Composite (Str +1) +6 (1d6+1/20/x3)
Bard (Archaeologist) Spells Known (CL 3, +4 melee touch, +5 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Dazzling Blade (DC 14), Touch of Gracelessness (DC 14), Vanish (DC 14)
0 (at will) Resistance (DC 13), Read Magic (DC 13), Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 13), Light, Unwitting Ally (DC 13)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16
Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 16
Feats Bard Weapon Proficiencies, Combat Expertise +/-1, Skill Focus: Perception (Adaptability), Weapon Finesse
Traits Chance Savior, Dangerously Curious, Prehensile Whip
Skills Acrobatics +6, Appraise +6, Bluff +7, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Disable Device +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +2, Knowledge (Arcana) +7, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +7, Knowledge (Engineering) +7, Knowledge (Geography) +7, Knowledge (History) +7, Knowledge (Local) +7, Knowledge (Nature) +7, Knowledge (Nobility) +7, Knowledge (Planes) +7, Knowledge (Religion) +7, Perception +10, Profession (Archeologist) +4, Profession (Professor) +4, Ride +2, Sleight of Hand +6, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +6, Swim +0, Use Magic Device +8
Languages Common, Elven, Shoanti, Varisian
SQ Arcane Training, Archaeologist's Luck +1 (10 rounds/day) (Ex), Bardic Knowledge +1 (Ex), Clever Explorer +1 (Ex), Elf Blood, Hero Points (2)
Combat Gear Buckler, Cestus, Dagger, Darkwood Shortbow, Composite (Str +1), Masterwork Whip, Scorpion, Mithral Chain Shirt, Silversheen Rapier; Other Gear Adventurer's Sash (3 @ 3.5 lbs), Backpack, Masterwork (4 @ 11.5 lbs), Bag, Waterproof (20 @ 1 lbs), Charcoal Stick (9), Charcoal Stick, Hammock, Journal, Masterwork Felt Hat, Paper (sheet) (10), Rope, Spider Silk (50'), Thieves' tools, masterwork, Twine (50'), Waterskin
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Archaeologist's Luck +1 (10 rounds/day) (Ex) - 0/10
Dagger - 0/1
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Arcane Training +1 CL for spell trigger/completion items for favored class, or use them as if 1st level.
Archaeologist's Luck +1 (10 rounds/day) (Ex) Gain Luck bonus to attack, damage, saves, and all skills.
Bardic Knowledge +1 (Ex) Add + 1 to all knowledge skill checks.
Chance Savior +2 Initiative
Clever Explorer +1 (Ex) Half time to use disable device.
Combat Expertise +/-1 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Dangerously Curious +1 UMD, and UMD is a class skill
Elf Blood You are counted as both elven and human for any effect relating to race.
Elven Immunities +2 save bonus vs Enchantments.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Hero Points (2) Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Prehensile Whip Use whip as though rope/grappling hook; Attach as Standard Action, Detach as Full-Round Action
Trap Sense +1 (Ex) +1 bonus on reflex saves and AC against traps.
Uncanny Dodge (Ex) Retain Dex bonus to AC when flat-footed.
--------------------
Vadim was born in Varisia, the result of a brief union between a wandering bard and the charming Szarni elf who took his fancy . . . or perhaps the minstrel took the gypsy’s fancy, who can tell? In any case, their child proved to be beautiful, intelligent and precocious; it was plain to all who encountered young Vadim that he inherited the best of both of his parents.

As he grew to manhood, Vadim’s natural curiosity dovetailed with his interest in the history of Varisia and it’s neighbor, Ustalav. He began a lifelong study of the two cultures, of their conflict and influence on each other. Eventually, his studies brought him into contact with the famed scholar, Petros Lorrimor. He made contact with the Professor, and over the course of the next several years Vadim and Professor Lorrimor struck up a longstanding friendship. Correspondence by letter and occasional personal visits formed a bond between the two; the Professor’s knowledge enhanced Vadim’s, and his reputation earned the young half-elf a few guest lecturing posts at institutes of learning in Cheliax, Taldor and even Absalom.

During one of their personal visits – actually a joint venture to explore the ruins of a crypt in Ustalav – Vadim became the instrument of the aging Professor’s continued existence. Lorrimor, no longer as spry as he once was, had insisted that the two of them push on in spite of the fact that they’d been going without significant rest for two days. His exhaustion caused him to miss the trigger of a deadly poison dart trap; however, the now seasoned Vadim was quicker to react. His diving tackle broke Lorrimor’s arm and put an end to that particular foray – after a harrowing escape through the rugged Hungry Mountains – but also saved the man’s life. The end of that adventure was also the last time young Vadim saw the Professor alive . . .

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
[/sblock]

Remove ads