The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"I.. I don't know. Fire. It burns them. It doesn't matter though, don't you see?!" He chops the air with his hand. They can't be stopped, only, only delayed." He falls silent for a moment. In the quiet of the cooler you can hear the distant groans of metal as the ship continues to settle and the bangs and pops of steam pipes.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Delayed's still better than nothing, eh?" says Kraken. He looks disparagingly around the cooler. "Seems this is a nice place to get boxed in by them though, eh? I say we get moving again. Listen mate, you seen a bloody great crystal around anywhere?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"A crystal? Why do you want a crystal?" He seems to recover some of himself. "And who are you? We were the only team on site until the damned gnomes arrived to steal the King's property."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"We're the only people between you and those parasite things, eh?" says Kraken. "Unless serving some King who ain't here himself is more important to you. I'm sure he'll thank your shambling zombie corpse personally for being so loyal." Ignoring the man, he glances around at the others. "I don't know about you lot but I'm not in the mood for staying here longer than we have to. This fella knows nothing we need, I say we keep moving."

Shayuri

First Post
"We can at least show him the way out," Whisper says. "It will take a little extra time, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to know the route better ourselves."

jkason

First Post
Midian nods as he realizes.

"You aren't crew. You're with one of the camps outside. Gnomes. Are the gnomes in here, as well?"

To Whisper he shrugs. "We got in from a spire, because we had access to flight. Unless our friend here is holding out, I'm not sure we can get him out the same way we came in."

He turns back to the man, and the druid's face actually seems mildly amused.

"Of course, if your own intel could show us how to get to the power cores, we might be inclined to help you stay alive until we're ready to fly ourselves."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral says nothing, but ponders the situation. The man could be more dangerous to their mission if he reports back to his superiors, but tying him up would be a death sentence in a place like this. The man was resourceful to survive so long, and leaving him to such a fate would be a waste. Doral bides his tongue and decides to go with whatever decision his more compassionate fellows would follow.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Y'hear that mate?" says Kraken, turning back to the man. "My friends here are inclined to keep you alive, if you're useful. Happens I agree, but if I hear any more about kings I might change my mind. So, where were you trying to get to then, eh?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The man furrows his brows and says "Cores? I'm not sure, down I think. Everything important is down, deep in the hull. There's more of them down there than anywhere else. There's a way down to the next level but we'll never make it back out of there. There's too many of them."

He turns to respond to Midian. "The gnomes came two days after we set up camp. They had their own expedition. They approached and parlayed Sir Ferzick the Third. We all heard him shouting that they were vultures, thieves, and worse coming to steal from the Brelish crown. They left after that and made camp farther down the hull. He tried to organize a raid against them but they were ready. We fought briefly before falling back and strengthening the perimeter. After that we all turned our attention to the Archon. I think they're inside, but I don't know where."

OOC: He will follow you to the next level when you're ready to go. At some point you will want to look for a safe place to sleep. The sun was setting when you first entered the Archon.

jkason

First Post
"Whatever we do, we need some kind of chance to regroup and regain some measure of our powers," Midian says, glances at the noisy pipes. "If our new tagalong has any insights, it sounds like we'll need all the force we can muster going forward."

Remove ads