[LPF] Roaming Dead

DalkonCledwin

First Post
GM: Sorry I have been a little out of sorts lately trying to get back on a regular sleep schedule. So I will try to post something when I wake up tomorrow morning. I hope you are all still interested in the adventure. I apologize for my relative newness at this, but this is really my first adventure as a GM :(

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] It's all good. Don't get down. I think there may be a slight feeling of not quite knowing what is expected of us, at least on my part. On the one hand its very open: We have no specific goal apart from some how dealing with zombies walking around town; On the other hand its very narrow, made so be forcing it into a "skill challenge" format: three strikes your out. So there is a right way and a wrong way to do it, but we really have no point of reference to know which way that might be.

It might work easier if we were unaware of our 'failures' and simply had to deal with the consequences of them, and by doing so learn how better to deal with the next situation.
Eg. Going into a tomb is a bad idea: causes a 'failure': Combat triggered with 3 skeletons and a zombie who gain surprise. Maui is in danger of dying overwhelmed by the mauling dead.

But what is a 'failure'? Why is it a failure? a) Group had had to waste valuable time dealing with undead unnecesarily while in other places more undead have escaped
b) Life entering the tomb has begun to waken more dead from the tomb. Every 2 rounds another dead person rises
c) Fill in your own reason here :)

What do 3 'failures' mean apart from PCs don't get XP? What is it that happens that we might have stopped if we hadn't done certain things?

What can/do the PCs learn from the experience that they can use as clues as to what is going on? A solid guide to giving clues is the rule of three. At least 3 different ways for the PCs to be able to discover the relevant information. That way if they miss something, they still have a good chance of solving the problem.

At the moment we have only learnt that when we find a tomb we should simply push the door shut. The "skill challenge" is a difficult beast to master.

In any case, I am still interested in the adventure and you can count on my support throughout.
[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
between Maui, Eanos, and Arianna's efforts the group of you are each able to locate two more tombs that need to be sealed. These tombs are actually located fairly close to each other, though they are each fairly large in the crypt department. The first tomb appears to have a mechanical sealing mechanism that is different from the tomb you had previously sealed. You likely won't be able to force this tomb sealed by brute strength alone. The second tomb appears to have a door that slides into place from above similar to a portculis, you would likely need to find the release mechanism for the door to seal this tomb.

GM: I decided to give you guys a bit more information about each tomb and what needs to be done to over come the sealing of the tombs. I hope this helps you in the rest of the skill challenge. These are the last two that you needed to find for the skill challenge. After this we move on to primarily combat oriented and RP oriented stuff.

Qik

First Post
Ni and Lu have a look around the second of the remaining tombs in an attempt to find the release mechanism. Lu gets distracted by some fresh grass once again, but Ni is able to keep his usually-fracturous mind on track.

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 8/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 3/3

Eidolon: Summoned
HP:11/11
Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+3, 1d6+2
- 2 Claws:
+3, 1d4+2[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

At the tomb with the mechanical sealing apparatus, Eanos smiles down to Davian.

"Looks like this may be a job for your special skills, little one," the inquisitor says. He looks around to try to spot anywhere from which Davian might be able to access the mechanicals to shut this tomb, whispering to his goddess as he does so.

[sblock=ooc]Perception + guidance (1d20+10=19)

Also planning on using guidance for any Disable check Davian has to make[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui keeps his eye on the door, weapons drawn, alert for any signs of the wandering dead trying to escape the tomb.

Rolyat58

First Post
Davian Smilebeard (Halfling Rogue)

Davian finally seems to snap out of the blankness that had been painted on his face since the fight at the first tomb. Now beaming, he looks up to Eanos "'Bout time!" he says with excitement. "However," says Davian "I don't really have any tools. It would seem I lost my old set in the woods on my way to town, and at the time had no coin for more...." The halfling then places his hand to his chin, a look of contemplation on his face as he tries to conceive a solution to his problem.

Remove ads