[LPF] Roaming Dead

jbear

First Post
I have no argument on what XP Rolyat would actually get to apply to Davian if he would return. If his last post was in combat, he would get that XP, otherwise only awards up to his last post. If he returns, I will spend some time to calculate that properly. But, that is not the issue here on the policy. I am being very particular in my use of Davian vs. Rolyat in this dicussion, because they are not one and the same for this.

How is not getting extra XP being "hurt"? Let's be clear, he is not being hurt at all, just not getting additional awards. Maui would only have to wait 9 days into his next adventure to level up, something he can work out and arrange with his next DM. XP and GP are not score, this is a role-playing game not a board game, folks. If it were score and there was a prize, I would dump all my DMC into one character and win. :p

And, it is also organized play with policies. As of yet, all reasons presented thus far are circumstantial, not rules based. IronWolf has said the policy is technically not ambiguous in this case. Without a clear cut-reason, making an exception to a policy will set a precedent and can lead to potential arguments down the road. It is the duty of a Judge to strive to be impartial, upholding policy, and ensuring fairness is upheld.

My take on what you all are saying is this; "we were gracious enough to not boot Rolyat out, but since he did not return we want his share of XP/GP now." I think you all made the decision to give up the XP back then.

Trying to get it now after the DM made a mistake of not realizing the impact of making Davian just stand there, instead of wasting ammo (-4 shooting into melee, giving up +4AC, and trying to overcome DR) is like crying over spilled milk to me when the first level rogue realistically would have had little effect on the outcome.

Counterpoint; a rogue spots and disarms a trap while the rest of the party stands back like "pillars" and takes no risk. Every character gets a cut of that XP award, correct, yet you did nothing to earn it. The policy works both ways, guys.

I think you should decide that it is petty to continue to impatiently push the issue and just move along without it.

However, if you must have it, go ahead be greedy and take it.

Choose to be greedy or gracious as your conscience decides. You all cannot have it both ways in my book. ;)
I don't think I'm being greedy or petty. I just asked for a final ruling after my companions expressed their opinion which was universally contrary to your own, as you had expressed that their non-pronouncement on the issue inferred a silent agreement. I just wanted to know if that would make an impact on your ruling. Your the judge. You've made your decision clear.

Remove ads