[LPF] Roaming Dead

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna heals the wounded. Afterwards, she looks around to see why this crypt was special, wondering why this started.

After the guard pays the party, she will take the MW Longspear from the loot and the rest due to her in either gold or platinum pieces when the loot is sold off at the Pearle.

[sblock=Final Loot awards]Are you sure DC? I thought we were supposed to keep the GP/XP earned near a 1.00:1 ratio.
If we do encounter gp + time gp + even loot split, we are looking at a 1.37:1 ratio, too rich.
If it is encounter gp + time gp, then it comes out like 0.67:1 ratio, too poor.
It is looking like the loot split + time gp, which comes out about 1.02:1 is the intended target. PM is the expert here. He will know what the magic ratio number to shoot for is.[/sblock][sblock=ooc]Good game. A few comments and suggestions:

A) Because our front line fighters were the higher half of our APL, the fights were too easy. But that is a very, very difficult thing to balance, and it is better to be cautious than to TPK on one bad run of dice. This would have been more consistent as an all level one party. In general a party of 1s, 2s and 3s are going to cakewalk what is appropriate by APL.

B) Next time grab "default marching order single file, default marching order double wide, default night watch" type stuff that might be useful at the beginning of the game, and it will eliminate a lot of pauses of a day or so on "is this positioning good for everyone?".

C) I know many GMs don't want to give stats of the bad guys out, but it makes it difficult to write a descriptive attack statement if you don't know if the attack hit cleanly doing massive damage, or simply bounced off the armor. If you gave us the base AC, then we could be a little more sure of our attacks.

D) The Story: We didn't find a reason as to why this all started. No clues in each of the tombs. No time at all in the skill challenge one, but I already gave you my thoughts on that one in a long PM at the time. Even in this last vault, it is "kill the critter, get paid." The back story as to why things happened didn't come out. Unless the skeletal champion in the street was the cause, there is no reason to think that this won't continue to happen other than the guard paid us off. The ending bad guy should have been a prankster necromancer, or an ancient dated prophecy written on the wall, or the town crier should be bellowing how a noble's manor was robbed while the White Cloaks were all dealing with this distraction. Now the noble is threatening to have the White Cloaks disbanded. Something other than 'the mindless awoke'.

E) Tracking those characters with darkvision is important. I usually forget that one a lot when I GM.

Still, overall a good job. I will be looking forward to your next game.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Personally, I think you all could have done a bit of roleplaying there at the end yet, my clock is already showing the adventure continuing until 23 Jan at least based on in character posting. So that is 48 days already by my count.

@DC , I want to see all the bookkeeping on the encounter rewards finished in the opening post. It is incomplete with the last two encounters not present. I also want to see the date you officially dropped Davian, and which encounters he did not complete. Then, I can check the numbers.

Edit: Scratch that, Davian was present for all encounters and gets a full share of everything, NPC'd or not.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Ni pats Maui with his small purple hand. "Don't be so hard on yourself, chap, you and the pussycat put on a fine show, really, held up your end of the bargain in battle by hook or crook or book nook, eh?" The gnome's big round eyes linger a second, full of friendship, before he breaks away to inspect the tomb's riches.

Though most of the items fail to catch his eye, the cloak gives cause for much excitement. Whirling it around his shoulders, Ni exclaims, "Ooh! What a wonderful garment! And it fits and everything!" Looking at the others, he implores, "Can I keep it? Pretty ditty please?"

OOC: Would like to keep the cloak of resistance for Ni if there are no other takers. Ni'll take the remainder in GP.

Off to the DWI now. Thanks, DC. Will try to send you a few of my own thoughts by PM later in the day.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]
Personally, I think you all could have done a bit of roleplaying there at the end yet, my clock is already showing the adventure continuing until 23 Jan at least based on in character posting. So that is 48 days already by my count.

Are you talking about when DC have folks the 'go rest' option? If not, this is the first time I've had a chance to post since combat ended (as is I think fairly common, my weekend post rate is well below my weekday), so I'm not sure what more I could have done? What follows is what I think Eanos' reaction would be to the events, but with a declaration of adventure's end, too much RP player posting at the end would seem like trying to soak time XP.[/sblock]

Eanos looks about suspiciously as the guard arrives, and joins Arianna in trying to see if something within the tomb explains the strange phenomena.

"I'm happy that ... whatever this was is over, but I don't like not knowing why," he says, his agitation evident despite his self-control. "But if there's an answer, looks like we don't have whatever it'd take to pry the secret loose."

Unsettled but resigned to reality, Eanos joins the others in gathering the spoils of their quest. He gives his own nod of assurance to the druid after the summoner consoles him.

"Listen to the little guy, Maui," Eanos says. "Doesn't do anyone any good if you die in this fight when there are so many others still to come, yes?"

Qik said:
Though most of the items fail to catch his eye, the cloak gives cause for much excitement. Whirling it around his shoulders, Ni exclaims, "Ooh! What a wonderful garment! And it fits and everything!" Looking at the others, he implores, "Can I keep it? Pretty ditty please?"

Eanos chuckles at the glee the gnome shows in the cloak.

"I don't know about the others, but I'm happy for you to have it. Can't have a bright gnome like you running around without good clothes, can we?"

For himself, Eanos briefly considers the scroll, but finally decides he's better off more liquid in his assets as the party consider the spoils of the roaming dead.

[sblock=ooc]I'm fine with a straight up gold split for Eanos. Since it sounds like that's still being calculated by PM's post, I'll hold off updating his sheet until we've got that all sorted.

As to feedback, the first game is always a tough one, getting used to the flow of PbP and the like. Heck, I'm still not used to it. I think others have probably remarked on the same things I would, so I'll not go on much. Thanks, though, for putting us through our paces and taking on the challenge, DC! :) [/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
GM: Okay below is the updated and corrected information for the adventure as per Perrinmiller's rulings. I hope this doesn't rub anyone the wrong way :(

[sblock=regarding the Zombies in the last encounter]for reference sake, the Zombie that opted to remain prone had an intelligence of 8 which I figure is enough to understand the basics of tactical combat and recognize that if it remained prone it would not suffer a counter attack from Fulgrim XD

Apologies however for not having thought this adventure out as well as I probably could have. I will try to think my next adventure out more fully, though that may have to wait for a while. I am thinking of continuing this series however and introducing a sequel to this adventure.[/sblock]

[sblock=Corrected XP and GP Rewards as per PM's rulings]48 Day Adventure

Arianna
Encounter XP: 903 / Encounter GP: 320
Level 2 - 1/22/2012 (1680 Starting XP + 903 encounter XP + 528 Time XP = 3111 Final XP)
528 Time GP
Total XP = 3111 ; total gp = 1696.33

Fulgrim Ironforge

Level 3 - 1/22/2012 (3434 Starting XP + 903 encounter XP + 720 Time XP = 5057 Final XP)
816 Time GP
Total XP = 5057 ; Total GP = 1984.33

Nimientioquijuil
Encouter XP: 903 / Encounter GP: 320
Level 2 - 1/22/2012 (1455 Starting XP + 903 Encounter XP + 528 Time XP = 2886 Final XP)
528 Time GP
Total XP = 2886 ; Total GP = 1696.33

Eanos Setirav
Level 3 - 1/22/2012 (3300 Starting XP + 903 Encounter XP + 720 Time XP = 4923 Final XP)
816 Time GP
Total XP = 4923 ; Total GP = 1984.33

Maui
Level 1 - 1/22/2012 (0 Starting XP + 903 Encounter XP + 336 Time XP = 1239 Final XP)
288 Time GP
Total XP = 1239 ; Total GP = 1456.33

Davian Smilebeard
Level 1 - 1/22/2012 (0 Starting XP + 903 Encounter XP + 336 Time XP = 1239 Final XP)
288 Time GP
Total XP = 1239 ; Total GP = 1456.33[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure Rewards]M.W. Breastplate (350 gp)
M.W. Chainshirt (250 gp)
7x Potions of Cure Light Wounds (50 gp ea.)
6 Flasks of Holy Water (25 gp ea.)
Agile Half-Plate Armor (850 gp)
Masterwork Longspear (305 gp)
Scroll of Align Weapon (150 gp)
and a Flask of Holy Water (25 gp)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000 gp)
Bracer's of Armor +1 (1000 gp)
Greatsword (50 gp)
1 sq. yd. of Silk Fabric (10 gp)
2 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp ea.)

Total Value of Treasure = 5090 / 6 = 848.33 gp each

Players can opt to spend some of their share of the treasure in order to buy one of the above items from the treasury instead of having it be sold off to fund this adventure.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
OOC: So again, to clarify, the "Corrected XP & GP Rewards" now include the treasure rewards below, yes?

Ni'll also like to hang onto 3 holy waters. With that and the Cloak of Resistance, that means 1075 gp worth of treasure and 621.33 gp in cash. Again, feel free to make a case for the cloak if you'd like it, people.

jkason

First Post
OOC: Got it. Thanks again for running this, DC. Eanos is off to do some shopping now, then he'll see folk who are still there at The Dunn Wright. Been a pleasure killing things that are already dead with y'all. :)

IronWolf

blank
"Ye can have dat cloak Ni. Keep ye from gettin' a chill till dat beard grows in!" Fulgrim replies.

OOC:
Good game all. Happy to have gamed with you all!

Satin Knights

First Post
OOC: Arianna took the MW longspear, but then had to immediately sell it to afford the second wand she was buying at the Pearl, so it is in there as available anyways. Yes to Ni taking the cloak. Thanks all.

Remove ads