[LPF] Roaming Dead

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Dunno what happened. I typed up a full post and thought I submitted it, but it's either in the wrong thread or swallowed by the ether. Sorry 'bout that.[/sblock]

Deciding he's a bit boxed in, Eanos shifts to the side. He pulls back his empty bowstring, whispering, and a familiar shaft of silvery energy manifests, which he launches at the remaining zombie.

[sblock=actions]Move: to -K2
Standard: Disrupt Undead:

Disrupt Undead touch attack; damage (1d20+5=15, 1d6=1)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: none

In Hand: Compound Longbow.

Arrows: Cold Iron: 19/20
Blunt Silvered: 16/20
CLW Wand charges: 49/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 0/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui clutches at his wound where the zombie gouged his thigh deeply attempting to stem the blood. For now he withdraws to the back of the tomb with Taniwha hoping his companions can dispatch the final zombie by themselves.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
The last skeleton closes on Fulgrim and Arianna, which allows Arianna the opportunity to strike it down where it stands.

[sblock=Combat Information & Map]
rkbv6d.jpg

Arianna's HP = 17 / 17 base + 11 Temp
Fulgrim's HP = 41 / 41
Davian's HP = 8 / 8
Eanos's HP = 23 / 23
Maui's HP = 1 / 13
Taniwha's HP = 7 / 16
Ni's HP = 16 / 16
Lumoi'es' HP = banished

=======

Unidentified Zombie @ -O,0[/sblock]

GM: Arianna gets a AoO, if the zombie is still standing, then I will take it's actions, then the party can go.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim stands his ground as Arianna strikes at the lumbering zombie. He then makes another massive swing of his axe in attempts to drive the creature back to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]
Power Attack -- 1d20+7=16
Damage -- 1d12+7=9
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--

MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+4/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
CMB: +8 CMD: 17 Fort: +9 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--
Rage: 6/14

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack
[/sblock]

Treasure
1 potion of CLW

[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Arianna's strike goes right through the chest cavity of the Zombie. However it is not enough to stop the Zombie completely. The Zombie lashes out two last times before Fulgrim takes his mighty swing. However it is unsuccessful in landing any blows. Fulgrim's attack however is enough to bring the Zombie down. The Party has defeated the last of the Zombies in the tomb now.

Shortly after the death keens of the zombies ends, the Guard Captain enters the tomb and says "Well done, here is a small reward from the Town Council. You can use it as you see fit, You may also keep a few trinkets from this tomb as well to aid you in future adventures."

[sblock=XP & GP Rewards]Okay adventure more or less wrapped up, here are your rewards:

47 Day Adventure

Arianna
Encounter XP: 983 / Encounter GP: 488
Level 2 - 1/22/2012 (1680 Starting XP + 983 encounter XP + 517 Time XP = 3180 Final XP)
517 Time GP
Total XP = 1500 ; total gp = 1005

Fulgrim Ironforge

Level 3 - 1/22/2012 (3434 Starting XP + 983 encounter XP + 705 Time XP = 5122 Final XP)
799 Time GP
Total XP = 1688 ; Total GP = 1287

Nimientioquijuil
Encouter XP: 983 / Encounter GP: 488
Level 2 - 1/22/2012 (1455 Starting XP + 983 Encounter XP + 517 Time XP = 2955 Final XP)
517 Time GP
Total XP = 1500 ; Total GP = 1005

Eanos Setirav
Level 3 - 1/22/2012 (3300 Starting XP + 983 Encounter XP + 705 Time XP = 4988 Final XP)
799 Time GP
Total XP = 1688 ; Total GP = 1287

Maui
Level 1 - 1/22/2012 (0 Starting XP + 983 Encounter XP + 329 Time XP = 1312 Final XP)
282 Time GP
Total XP = 1312 ; Total GP = 770

Davian Smilebeard
Encounter XP: 503 / Encounter GP: 320
Level 1 - 1/22/2012 (0 Starting XP + 503 Encounter XP + 266 Time XP = 769 Final XP)
228 Time GP
Total XP = 769 ; Total GP = 548[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure Rewards]M.W. Breastplate (350 gp)
M.W. Chainshirt (250 gp)
7x Potions of Cure Light Wounds (50 gp ea.)
6 Flasks of Holy Water (25 gp ea.)
Agile Half-Plate Armor (850 gp)
Masterwork Longspear (305 gp)
Scroll of Align Weapon (150 gp)
and a Flask of Holy Water (25 gp)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000 gp)
Bracer's of Armor +1 (1000 gp)
Greatsword (50 gp)
1 sq. yd. of Silk Fabric (10 gp)
2 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp ea.)

Total Value of Treasure = 5090 / 5 = 1018 gp each

Players can opt to spend some of their share of the treasure in order to buy one of the above items from the treasury instead of having it be sold off to fund this adventure.[/sblock]

GM: Okay this adventure is officially ready for review by Perrinmiller. I have to ask however from the players... how did I do overall in your opinions? Oh and Jbear, you have enough XP now if my math is right to level up to level 2 :D

Qik

First Post
OOC: Is the amount of gp listed under "treasure rewards" in addition to the amount listed under "xp & gp awards"? B/c it doesn't look as though it's factored in.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
GM: it is in addition yes, the figure in XP and GP rewards is solely determined by Encounter GP and Time GP, the other GP is determined by the result of all the treasure you found split amongst the group and depending on if any of you wish to keep any of that treasure the end result that you end up with may ultimately be different from what I noted in each section.

jbear

First Post
[sblock=ooc:] after Perrinmiller has given approval I would suggest we sell everything and divide treasure equally. Those who want certain objects from the treasure can then rebuy them.

Can anyone think of a fair way to divide up the treasure with Davian?

edit: oh hang on I just reread Dalkon's last post and I think I understood better this time. So the treasure listed you have already divided up and represented as encounter gold, right. The list below is not 488 +whatever we make from selling the objects, right?

I'd say if that is the case just to leave the treasure as divided and those who want to buy objects from the list can do so with their own portion of the treasure.
[/sblock]

Maui staggers back to his feet a look ofdeep shame on his face. As the healing power of Arianna closes his and Taniwha's wounds he looks away unable to meet any of his allies' gaze. Sheathing his weapon he slaps Taniwha on the shoulder.

"You fought more bravely than cowardly Maui. Tonight you drink te Buffalo Milk."

Maui keeps mostly to himself while the group clears up the tomb but before everyone leaves he clears his throat and says: "Whale Rider, Jade Arrow, Dog Caller, Mighty Axe ... you bring honour to te Hall of Fame. You are truly axeptional. Maui and te Taniwha are proud to have fought at your side. Maui hopes you can forgive his belly of yellow and speak little of his shame. I would take te metal and buy you all te Brown Water back at te Hall of Fame if you would not know shame to drink with a coward ..."

During his somewhat awkward speech at no time does Maui raise his head.

[sblock=Thoughts on the adventure] If you felt like I was picking on you at any time [MENTION=6680145]DalkonCledwin[/MENTION] please accept my apologies. ANd thank you very much for your time and effort with this adventure. starting is never easy DMing, and more so for a group of veteran RPGers. Satin Knight's advice is very sound. I don't think anyone could have said it better.

The only thing I would perhaps add is that when I DM a creature like a zombie I deliberately operate them as really dumb brutes that use absolutely no tactics. A shambling horde that pushes and pulls at each other in order to get to the food the fastest, as opposed to a group of combatants that coordinates a series of well time charges to make the best out of the cramped spaces. If you want to 'disguise' your DM tactics to your players then that needs to come across in the fluff. If you say 'the zombie opts not to stand up' then as a player I think the zombie is being tactical and not standing up because he somehow perceives Fulgrim is going to take his head off with his axe if he does. If instead you were to say 'writhing around on the slippery greased up floor the zombie is too dumb to even bother trying to get to his feet. Instead he lashes out at Maui's legs ripping open the flesh in his thigh, slashing open a main artery causing blood to etc etc' then I can buy that as it fits what a dumb flesh hungry zombie might do.

Thanks once again, and good luck for your next game :) ! [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads