Catastrophe!

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina searches the library, scanning the shelves full of knickknacks, tomes, and treasures. She takes her time, slowly making a circuit around the narrow pathways until she stops at a well-worn jousting dummy. It's not the dummy that interests her, but rather the ornate gold crown that rests askew upon its head.

Dina runs her fingers along the length of the crown, studying every intricate detail carved into the precious metal. After studying it, a small smile creeps upon her lips.

"It seems our host has a droll sense of humor."

The deva grabs the crown and places it on her head.

OOC: While other items might be lower level and more mechanically beneficial, I just can't pass up the flavor of the Philosopher's Crown for this character. (Philosopher's Crown, Level 7 head slot item)

Medina

Explorer
Corragan heads into the library after the others in the group, scanning over the many wierd and wonderful items stored here and admiring the veritable treasure trove on display. He looks over an array of jewelley, arms and armour, before his hand finally comes to rest on a spear. Weighted well, it feels comfortable in his hands, almost as if it is made for him.

"This seems ideal," he mutters, his hand running over the smooth wooden shaft.

OOC: Corragan will take an Alfsair Longspear +1 (level 3 weapon, AV2)

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I've got enchant magic item, my character WAS a seller of magical gear of all kinds after all, potions, magic items, alchemy, I can do it all :). Also, 62 gold that i'm not using atm, so I can lend you the 60.

Ignatz leans in to Sha'kar. "Hey, hy vant armor dot's a leedle better- Meester said only vun item, but mebbe he vould let me buy sometink else?" He opens his purse, showing the Artificer how much gold he has to his name. "Iz dot enuff? Vhat do hyu tink?"

OOC: On double checking I actually only need 16 gp. (I have 314, Ritual says that component cost is equal to the difference in price between the old and the new.) This is as much as an IC prompt I can give you, Sha'kar- Ignatz would never actually think, "I bet if one of my friends lent me 16 gp I could buy enough ritual components to enchant my armor."

I suppose IC the 16 gp could just take the form of ritual components you're providing.

VanderLegion

First Post
Ignatz leans in to Sha'kar. "Hey, hy vant armor dot's a leedle better- Meester said only vun item, but mebbe he vould let me buy sometink else?" He opens his purse, showing the Artificer how much gold he has to his name. "Iz dot enuff? Vhat do hyu tink?"

"well, if better armor is what you want, I may be able to help you with that. I used to sell magical gear for a living until my shop was robbed, but I still have the talents to create it. What did you have in mind?"

WEContact

First Post
"Ohf, hy dunno, hy dun know moch 'bout all dot magic schtoff. Dere's a few 'chantements vhat I haff heard ov, but dey'z all too pricey for me. Sometink simple vill do fine. Hyu need materials to do magic, yes? Haff I got enough gold to buy vhat hyu need?" As he talks, Ignatz takes off his torn and battered cavalry jacket and removes the hide armor he wears underneath it.

OOC: If you were to lie to Ignatz and tell him that his 314 gp was enough, he'd still pay you back the 16 gp later as thanks.

VanderLegion

First Post
"Looks like you've got just about enough there to cover the materials for a basic magical enchantment," Sha'kar says, looking into the bag of coins, neglecting to mention that the half-orc is actually slightly short of the true cost, but not worried as he has money to spare at the moment. "Let's see if Caladis has somewhere quiet I can use to perform the ritual, it'll take about an hour."
OOC: Ignatz just "paying" me a bit later as thanks works fine for me to make up the difference in cost. And looking at the ritual, the way it looks to me is that it costs the normal price of the magical item to do an enchant from a mundane item, costs the differnece in price to upgrade an already magic item to a higher level of the same enchantment, that might be something for the DM/judge to speak up on.

WEContact

First Post
"Looks like you've got just about enough there to cover the materials for a basic magical enchantment," Sha'kar says, looking into the bag of coins, neglecting to mention that the half-orc is actually slightly short of the true cost, but not worried as he has money to spare at the moment. "Let's see if Caladis has somewhere quiet I can use to perform the ritual, it'll take about an hour."
OOC: Ignatz just "paying" me a bit later as thanks works fine for me to make up the difference in cost. And looking at the ritual, the way it looks to me is that it costs the normal price of the magical item to do an enchant from a mundane item, costs the differnece in price to upgrade an already magic item to a higher level of the same enchantment, that might be something for the DM/judge to speak up on.

OOC: Merry Christmas to me! Also, you're right about how the ritual works. Shucks. Oh well, it's only 30 gp.

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One descends into the library reverantly, catching his breath at the wonders within. He moves directly to where the swords are arranged. He stands momentarily before each one, his head bowed before moving onto to the next. When he comes to stand before a massive blade it begins to tremble before him. He raises his head and then his hand towards it. The trembling intensifies. He takes it, a look of extasy on his face. Obviously very moved he manages to gasp "Thank you" to Cadalis. He removes his old sword and places it in its stead.

OOC: TCO takes a +1 Weapon of Defense (Fullblade); I'd also be loving finding a Holy Symbol as TCO's next treasure parcel. My concern is that TCO will be a bit behind the curve with attack accuracy being lvl 1. His defenses are decent but we'll see if he can hit the barn door or not. I wanted to take Vigilant Blade to get a 2 in 1 weapon/implement but rereading the description it only works with Paladin powers so no good for my Warlock powers (which are the implement ones ...) I don't know of a weapon that is made for resolving these hybrid issues ... Nevermind.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: You need a weapon that counts as a holy symbol with no qualifications, unfortunately, and none of those that can apply to Heavy Blades are available before L15. If you were to MC Swordmage you could just use heavy blades as an implement, or if you MC'd Monk or Assassin you could use a ki focus for all your powers.

Faraque

First Post
Rilissa has a look around the library after food is served. Several items catch her eye, keeping her occupied in her indecisiveness. Finally, she settles on a pair of gloves with arcane lacing describing power and protection. Finely crafted black gloves, with silver filigree, and combat padding in the palms.

OOC: Gauntlets of Arcane Might, Level 3, Property: When you hit an enemy marked by you with an arcane power, you gain 2 temporary hit points.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases