Catastrophe!

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz hauls, pulling hand over hand and trusting the newcomer to take up the slack between heaves.

OOC: Should actually have been +13 for 32 total but I don't think that matters.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Seeing the rest of the crew standing around mouths agaping as their crew mate is hauled from the water. In a loud clear voice full of an authority that pierces the howling wind the Cursed One calls out to those standing about idly.

"Sailors of the good ship Crest Hopper! Your pause gives advantage to the storm. Even a vessel as fine as this needs aid to weather the swell of an angry sea. Return to your posts! Do what you know must be done to protect the ship. We are neither master of boat nor friend to the sea, but we have a pair of willing hands. So tell me how best we can help you and I will brek my back with you against this fey weather!"

As the crew wakes from their stupor the Cursed One is true to his word, helping when and where he can tirelessly.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina supervises the rescue effort, trying to read the crew and find out who needs direction.

Insight (1d20+4=17)

OOC: I'm aiming to use insight to get the crew to be more effective at helping the rest of the party. I figure it could give another PC a bonus to their check

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
As the man is pulled back over the side onto the ship, Sha'kar looks him over to make sure he's okay, then does the same to Rilissa and Corrigan as they make their ways back onto the ship as well.

Faraque

First Post
Rilissa shrugs off the checkup as she manages her way back onto the ship. She starts looking around for things that need doing, though her notorious inability to see the obvious perks it's head up again. She stands around the top deck with a slightly confused face until either it appears calm on deck or she notices she's sopping wet and decides to go dry off.

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted today, guys and galls. I managed to catch the flu, so I've been awake, literally, 10 hours in the last 48. I will be back at work in the morning, so I will post then.

Ignatz, the ginormous muscle-bound brute that he his, yanks so hard on the rope, that the crewmate is thrown into the air and cleanly above the deck of the ship where he is caught by the half-orc. Paying special attention to the goings-on about the crew members, The Cursed One gives a rousing speech, snapping the sailors out of their stupor and shock. For a few seconds the deck is pure chaos as sailors sprint to their stations, deck tilting precariously to one side as the storm intensifies the waves.

Water rushes over the top of the ship, splashing everyone hard enough that it threatens safety, but the crew manage to tie themselves down before anyone else could be washed overboard.

In the midst of the chaos, one of the crew members' voice could be heard.

"CAPTAIN! LAND HO!"

Cadalis, at the helm, stared through the rain and crashing waves, ignoring the turbulent rising and falling of the ship.

"Everyone, I need your eyes. There are reefs and partially sunken ships in this area, and we don't want to run aground."

OOC: I still need a skill check from Corragan for the 2nd set of actions

Remove ads