Catastrophe!

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina looks around at the chaos, realizing that they are going to need more rope, she looks around, for something to send down to the people in the water below. She finds some rope tied off near the side of the ship, but realizes it would probably take too long to untie it all. Dina finds Ignatz in a state of half-panic looking for something to do.

"Ignatz! Don't worry about the ship right now! Just cut that line! Over there! That one! Pick up something sharp and cut it!."

OOC: Not sure if Ignatz or anyone else had their weapons on them. If none of the PCs on deck have has anything useful to cut with, then I'll move on to one of the sailors instead.

As soon as Ignatz has something to cut secured Dina calls to him again.

"Yes! That rope there! Cut it! Now!"

OOC: Dina uses Provocative Order to get Ignatz or someone else to make a charge attack against some line free to send down to the others in the water.

VanderLegion

First Post
Dina looks around at the chaos, realizing that they are going to need more rope, she looks around, for something to send down to the people in the water below. She finds some rope tied off near the side of the ship, but realizes it would probably take too long to untie it all. Dina finds Ignatz in a state of half-panic looking for something to do.

"Ignatz! Don't worry about the ship right now! Just cut that line! Over there! That one! Pick up something sharp and cut it!."

OOC: Not sure if Ignatz or anyone else had their weapons on them. If none of the PCs on deck have has anything useful to cut with, then I'll move on to one of the sailors instead.

OOC: Dina uses Provocative Order to get Ignatz or someone else to make a charge attack against some line free to send down to the others in the water.

OOC: I can just see this going badly :). Anyway, I wouldn't be much use even with my gear, since I have a staff and a crossbow...bolts wouldn't realy be the best cutting implement if you want something quick.

OOC: Sha'kar: What power are you using to target the crewman who fell overboard? Unfortunately, you are too far away for a Heal check to work.

Corragan: You succeed in righting yourself in the water and taking a nice breath of fresh (though oddly warm) air before swimming over to Rilissa.

EVERYONE: We're not in rounds, in the combat sense, so you don't need to be a stickler for standard/minor/free actions right now. However, I am looking for 1 action/set of actions per player. Once everyone has given an action, we'll move on to another set of actions per player until the situation has been resolved for better or worse.

Ignatz looks around and is able to find a small boarding axe to cut the rope with.

Directing the actions of others and understanding her comrades capabilities is something that comes naturally to Dina. While she might not have a particularly good skill set for the seascape, she could sense when others could do what she could not, and she made short order of inspiring the barbarian, who has the rope cut and lowered into the water in no time flat.

OOC: Dina's use of Provocative Order grants Ignatz a +4 bonus to his next skill check that utilizes the rope he lowered into the water.

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One moves in behind to help Ignatz with the heavy rope. As the ship heaves and drops with the savage swell he anchors the rope around his body, complementing the barbarian's strength with a unrleenting determination like a tireless mule.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Ignatz uses Body of the Wolf, taking on a bestial form and gaining access to his natural bite/claw attack.

Ignatz isn't sure how to draw on his latent primal power- in his experience, it's simply a thing that happens to him whenever there's need. Ignatz reacts to Dina's compelling direction with a swell of primal magic that changes him from a brute into a beast. He eschews the axe for the sake of speed, and simply slices the rope free with his claws.

OOC: I'm not sure what this rope is for. Rilissa and the crewman and Corragan can all just grab the rope the crew threw them, can't they?

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Ignatz uses Body of the Wolf, taking on a bestial form and gaining access to his natural bite/claw attack.

Ignatz isn't sure how to draw on his latent primal power- in his experience, it's simply a thing that happens to him whenever there's need. Ignatz reacts to Dina's compelling direction with a swell of primal magic that changes him from a brute into a beast. He eschews the axe for the sake of speed, and simply slices the rope free with his claws.

OOC: I'm not sure what this rope is for. Rilissa and the crewman and Corragan can all just grab the rope the crew threw them, can't they?

OOC: I figured having multiple ropes is better than having everyone tethered to the same one.

With Sha'kar on hand, it is not long before the nearly drowned sailor has awoken from unconsciousness and he begins splashing frantically until he realizes that he's above the water. Soon, he has grabbed a hold of the rope that is being anchored by Ignatz and The Cursed One.

"*cough**sputter*Thanks friends! Now haul me otta this gods forsaken ocean!"

Remove ads