Catastrophe!

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: I read it more as a "we just lost a man, we're shorthanded and need help sailing the ship" more than a "we need help saving the man who went overboard", but dunno.

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One gets to his feet his face set with resignation at mention of the ill weather.

"We will help how we can."

The clank of heavy plate armour sounds ominously at each step as he towards deck muttering to himself.

"If i find out you have had anything to do with this..."

OOC: TCO is not the most skilled PC for this situation with a -1 in Wisdom and -1 in Athletics due to his armour penalty. His paranoia also keeps him wearing it as he is fairly sure there will be a shipwreck at some stage which his ill fortune will be responsable for ;) Endurance maybe useful somehow?
OOC:

Medina

Explorer
Corragan is hot on the heels of Rilissa, racing after her and diving from the deck of the ship. Even as he dives into the water, his body shifts into that of a dolphin. It is a form Corragan adopts in the spur of the moment. As he crashes into the water gracelessly, it becomes obvious that he is less than familiar in this body.

While Ignatz stand on deck peering unsuccessfully into the darkness of the morning hours, heavy wind and rains making all the more difficult, Rilissa and Corragan take action.

A skilled swimmer, the swordmage dives into the water gracefully, dipping below the huge swells. As she surfaces, she can see the unconscious form of a dwarven crewman floating face-up nearby. As she surfaces, the crewmates on board the ship cheer at Rilissa.

One of them flings a rope out to her.

"Tie him on and we'll bring him up!"

Corragan, try as he might, was unable to fully grasp the concept of the dolphin's form before the water rushed up to greet him. Dazed from the fall and the sudden harsh impact of water, Corragan flops around, trying to right himself in the water and find his way to the surface.

OOC: Corragain - Make a DC 14 Endurance check. Success means that you right yourself and surface. Failure means that you are unable to surface in time. You suck in a lungful of water and lose a healing surge.

I still need actions from Dina, TCO, Sha'Kar. Don't be afraid to get creative with either your powers or skill checks. If you can think of a good way to use it and describe it well, I'll give you a bonus to your roll.

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar follows the others onto the deck and watches as Rilissa and Corrigan dive overboard after the missing sailor. As Rilissa surfaces with the unconcious man, Sha'kar quickly infuses him with healing energy, bringing him back to conciousness so he is able to keep himself afloat and grab the rope, saving the time and effort of tying it to him in the middle of a storm.

Medina

Explorer
Corragan breathes for air, struggling under the waves briefly before quickly becoming used to the dolphins muscular structure. Coming to the surface, he looks around and swims over to the sailor to see if he can help Rilissa him back onto the ship

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: If we're in rounds (which makes sense as seconds here would be crucial) I still have a Standard left (Move to get on deck, Minor for Perception). Can I use it to start helping with the ship? Based on associated skills for seafaring backgrounds, associated skills are Athletics for the physical work and Perception or Nature for navigation. Just let me know what I should roll.

Ignatz claps and cheers, delighted at Rilissa's speed in spotting the drowning crewman. He leaves the railing and jumps back down to the deck. To the crewmen that are still struggling to keep the ship upright and on course, Ignatz shouts over the storm, "VHAT VAS HIS JOB? HY KEN TEK HIZ PLACE!" As he speaks he scans the deck, looking for unattended ropes, sails, or pumps that require manpower.

Remove ads