Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

treex

First Post
The dents and scratches in Kruors body start to mend, slowly, but surely. Gaps seal themselves up, bump and knobs smoothen out. He looks in pretty good shape, except that the android is covered in splinters of bone and flecks of marrow.

Kruor hustles over towards the last of his enemies, trying to make haste. As he traverses the deck, he failed to notice a bony limb lying on the ground and trips on it.

"BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP"
"NOTICE: {USER: KRUOR} HAS REQUESTED BODY CHECKUP."
"Uh oh, what me do this time..."
"INITIATING BODY FRAGMENTATION."
"That does NOT sound go-"
"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE-"
"AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH-"

Kruors body bursts into a fountain of scrap metal! The shards start flying into the air, and strangely, every piece seems to be the exact same shape. Soon it seems apparent that this was not a random occurrence as the scraps of metal appear to be little metal bats!

As they litter the air, you can see that their eyes are lighted up with various colours, just like how Kruor's eyes would be when he "feels". Tiny little voices, some not so tiny, chatter amongst the shroud of flapping metal.

"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"
"KEEEEL THEEEEM!"
"Maybe if I hide behind him, he won't find me. Please don't turn around, please don't turn around,pleasedontturnaround..."
"FOR PAPA!!"
"All these poor lost souls..."
"I can FLYYYYY!!"
"ERROR: REACTION NODES HAVE BEEN FRAGMENTED. CORRECTIVE MEASURES INITIATED."

A particularly peculiar one sticks out among the rest, it's body is a dull bronze...or is it gold? It's hard to tell under the horrible lighting. It has a top hat and a monocle...

"Oh no, what me do now? Me need to help friends! Now there just many me in the sky, what can I-"

The eyes of the bronze-gold bat lights up and it's obvious what he's planning at this point...

"Ahem..."

The flying metal bats lighten their chatter to a dull silence. Well, it still wasn't quite a dull silence. The creaking of their metal wings reverberate across the lapping ocean as they circle around each other.

"KEEEEEL THEEEM!" the bronze-gold bat cried.

The horde of metal bats swoop down and rake and claw at their enemies. The skeleton is shredded apart, but the undead hunter manages to deflect most of the blows and those that do hit don't seem to matter to him.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Warforged Resolve (gain 3THP and regain 3HP for being bloodied) (HP: 16, THP: 3)
Move: Walk to i19
Standard: Swarm of Shadows (Close Blast 3)
Attack Helsing for 12 vs Fort
Attack Skeleton for 18 vs Fort
HIT: 17 damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
MISS: 8 damage
EFFECT: Teleport to J22[/sblock]

OOC: Kruor would have regained 2 HP from Enduring Soul, bumping him to 13 HP. EXACTLY Bloodied. Puuuuurrfect. Oh, and the last paragraph was for FourMonos to copypaste in the update post xD

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Terrible rolls, two rounds in a row: total of two damage to Helsing from 1st shroud
EVERYONE: Helsing will take fire damage for each square he enters adjacent to Illarion, so if you can slide him around, do it

Illarion moves tentatively around skeleton and that terrible zone the warlock put out. He stops equidistant from remaining enemies and he bursts into flame. The flame spiral lashes out, but the ends of spiral 'arms' flail uselessly as if lead by a blind person. Still, shadow of the threat puts some little fear into Helsing.

With the fire retreating back toward the sorcerer, curving fire arm passes directly through the remaining skeleton bursting it apart, only charred bits of bone flying around for a moment.

"Get Helsing next to me if you can! Preferably in darkness!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: M22, through Kamotz, avoiding OAs from S3
Free: shroud on Helsing
Standard: Flame Spiral vs Helsing Ref; S3 Ref; Fire damage; Shroud damage (1d20+8+2=12, 1d10+12=15, 2d6=3)

Missed attack roll for the skeleton altough it's name is in the link:
Flame spiral vs S3 Ref (1d20+8=28) - 22 damage+Extra crit (1d6=1) = 23 fire damage

Enemy that enters square adjacent to Illarion takes 1d6+7 fire damage FOR EACH SQUARE IT ENTERS (so if someone can slide Helsing around Illarion, it would end the fight probably).
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz destroys the skeleton before him in frustration Rawr! Stay STILL! he shouts, pointing to Helsing.

[SBlock=Actions]
Regen 2 from being bloodied, now at 18 (includes missed damage from earlier.)

Standard blood of the mighty on S3
24 Vs AC hit
30 Damage (2 LS, 1 versatile)

Effect: Kamotz takes 5 damage.
Now at 11 hp

(Posting from phone, will fill out with ministat etc. tomorrow)

EDIT: If S3 is dead, move in on Helsing and use the same turn. Taking the damage from darkness if necessary (obviously nothing happens if the darkness drops Kamotz.)

[/SBlock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION]: Don't forget, you are no longer immobilized, you still have a move action, you can enter in melee with him if you wish.

FourMonos

First Post
Under the ever increasing flurry of attacks, Helsing seems to be weakening. The bold attack of 7 Rabbit seems to inflict a heavy blow. The explosion of metal bats from Kruor also seems to further wound and incapacitate the skeleton. But it is the final blow from the paladin which severs Helsing's last bit of strength.

The shifter's blow destroys most of the skeleton humanoid's chest. Instead of collapsing, Helsing starts to to chuckle. Bits of his chest and the ends of his extremities start to turn to ash and drift away from his body into the wind.

"You are fools. You can not destroy me. I am immortal. You have merely delayed the inevitable."

As more and more of the lich disintegrates, he throws one more thought to consider.

"Without my presence here, this vessel will not be sustained.... prepare for a long swim home. I only wish I was here to observe... Hahahaha!"

GM: The fight is over. Congrats guys. I will write up the finishing posts with xp and treasure tomorrow. I haven't checked lately, but if you don't have a wish list, please send me some items you are interested.

Velmont

First Post
"If the city have got rid of Rinch the Riser, we will find a way to get rid of you for good. Maybe not tonight, but we will." replies Eloan. "Come on, let's jump into our boat."

FourMonos

First Post
As the last ashes of Helsing's body blow away into the wind with his menacing laugh, the ship... true to his warning... lurches. There is a heavy groan the begins from the bowels of the ship. The bone railing falls apart initially, dropping from the ship into the water.

As the group hastily moves to the boat, a muffled cry comes from the captain's quarters. Kruor is first to get to the doors and bash them open. Laying on the floor in the middle of captain's cabin is the waitress, bound and gagged. Kruor quickly picks up the damsel, careful not to injure her and moves her to the boat.

The rest of the group notices not only the waitress, but also the piles of gold and magical items laying about the captain's quarters. Like a band of thieves, the group tries to grab as many of the items they can and still get into the boat.

There is not a lot of time as the boat is disintegrating around the group. To exemplify this effect, Ilarion is thrown from his feet, the dagger he was carrying in his off hand goes skidding across the deck before falling into the galley below. There is no chance to recover the blade.

With several bags of loot, the group finally climbs into the raft and pushes off from the larger ship before the larger vessel finally sinks beneath the waters of the bay. The fog dissipates as well, leaving the group alone in the water.

[sblock=Experience]
Final encounter:
Helsing, level 8 elite controller lich: 700xp x 2 = 1400xp
ghoul, level 5 soldier: 200xp x 2 = 400 xp
2 bonecrusher skeletons, level 6 soldier: 250xp x 2, x 2= 1000xp
4 skeletons, level 3 soldier, 150xp x 2, x 4 = 1200xp
decrepit skeleton, level 3 minion: 38xp x2, x 6 = 456xp

4456xp / 7 characters = 636 xp each.

Encounter 2: 370 xp each. Link

Encounter 1: 350 xp each. Link

[sblock= Time xp]

12/16/2011 to 3/19/2012 = 93 days.

Kruor (level 1): 167 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 517xp
Hunzu (level 3): 250 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 775xp
Ilarion (level 4): 292 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 905xp
7 Rabbit (level 5): 334 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 1035xp
Kamotz (level 5): 334 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 1035xp
Eloan (level 6): 417 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 1292xp
Nathantiel (level 6): 417 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 1292xp
[/sblock]

Total XP:
Kruor: 1873xp
Huzu: 2131xp
Ilarion: 2261xp
7 Rabbit: 2391xp
Kamotz: 2391xp
Eloan: 2648xp
Nathantiel: 2648xp

[/sblock]

GM: @Luinnar to approve xp reward. Treasure post coming.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Experience]
Final encounter:
Helsing, level 8 elite controller lich: 700xp x 2 = 1400xp
ghoul, level 5 soldier: 200xp x 2 = 400 xp
2 bonecrusher skeletons, level 6 soldier: 250xp x 2, x 2= 1000xp
4 skeletons, level 3 soldier, 150xp x 2, x 4 = 1200xp
decrepit skeleton, level 3 minion: 38xp x2, x 6 = 456xp

4456xp / 7 characters = 636 xp each.

Encounter 2: 370 xp each. Link

Encounter 1: 350 xp each. Link

[sblock= Time xp]

12/16/2011 to 3/19/2012 = 93 days.

Kruor (level 1): 167 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 517xp
Hunzu (level 3): 250 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 775xp
Ilarion (level 4): 292 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 905xp
7 Rabbit (level 5): 334 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 1035xp
Kamotz (level 5): 334 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 1035xp
Eloan (level 6): 417 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 1292xp
Nathantiel (level 6): 417 xp / 30 days x 93 days = 1292xp
[/sblock]

Total XP:
Kruor: 1873xp
Huzu: 2131xp
Ilarion: 2261xp
7 Rabbit: 2391xp
Kamotz: 2391xp
Eloan: 2648xp
Nathantiel: 2648xp

[/sblock]

GM: @Luinnar to approve xp reward. Treasure post coming.
OOC: Approved, congratz everyone!

Also 3*2+1 (rounded up)=7 DM credits for FourMonos.

treex

First Post
"Me sorry. Bad man take waitress-lady away because me cut you." Kruor apologized to the waitress.

"He want take you apart like machine. Me no know what do if that happen." Kruor's lights dimmed to a solemn grey. "But it okay, Kruor found friends. They strong, they help save waitress-lady."

Kruor's quips slowly fade away and he sorts of fidgets as he waits for the waitress to shout at him.

OOC: At first I was like o_0?, but then I saw the time XP sblock. And then I D:
What was her name again? We can't all be calling her waitress. Either we sift through the tons of old posts or the DM can come up with one on the spot.
Also, now would be a great opportunity for Kruor to get some kind of unholy symbol, preferably pocketed by the waitress ^^.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: See my wishlist for items. If they are to high level, I just will take gold or trading goods that would add up to the appropriate amount.

Remove ads