[LPF] Kostry Kopec

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien is quiet, bringing up the rear.

She still has her longbow in hand and the Ioun Torch revolving around her head. Every so often she mutters her cantrip to increase her Resistance to things.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Anaerion]I think we must have our boards set to different post lengths, 'cause that link doesn't get me anywhere near a Know: Planes roll, but I know Anaerion has ridiculously high base bonuses, so I don't really doubt it.

Because the creature's so rare, though, the DC is pretty high. Anaerion can make it with a 29, but it's only a single success. I'll let you choose which I can do for him: translate Hyve's speech into some more direct game terms (though I wouldn't be giving you any exact numbers, just the terms), or give Anaerion another piece of info on the critter concerning its abilities or defenses.[/sblock]

There is a soft gurgling as the unconscious Hyve struggles to breath, blood bubbling and oozing from his slit throat. It takes less time than it does to tell, however, before the poisoner lies still. In that moment, the party thinks they feel a mild tremor, but it's gone before they can really respond to it. Ausk's shirt front seems to squirm as Alfred burrows in nervously.

There is nothing in the stillness that follows but the occasional drip of water down the walls as Anaerion sits down with his spellbook.

[sblock=ooc]Satin Knights, did we decide that Gragnor still has to make his poison saves after all while unsummoned? If so, go ahead and make another. Failure does another 1d2 damage to Str and 1d2 to Con. Success cures him, so he takes no further ability damage from the poison[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=Anaerion]I think we must have our boards set to different post lengths, 'cause that link doesn't get me anywhere near a Know: Planes roll, but I know Anaerion has ridiculously high base bonuses, so I don't really doubt it.

Because the creature's so rare, though, the DC is pretty high. Anaerion can make it with a 29, but it's only a single success. I'll let you choose which I can do for him: translate Hyve's speech into some more direct game terms (though I wouldn't be giving you any exact numbers, just the terms), or give Anaerion another piece of info on the critter concerning its abilities or defenses.[/sblock]

[/sblock]
OCC: the latter. We as a team can then have a round table and figure out all this monsters abilities. Also /gulp on the fact a 29 is a single success.

Satin Knights

First Post
Now that Hyve is dead, Kalgor retrieves his manacles and puts them back into his sack. Then he sets about retrieving his friend while the wizard studies. Summoning back Gragnor, the kitty is looking quite green but can still stand. "Leaving didn't help. It still hurt!"

Kalgor starts fishing in his backpack and pulls out a potion. Feeding it to the kitty, it helps repair some of the damage the poison caused.
[sblock=actions]Summon Gragnor, Feed Gragnor potion of Lesser Restoration[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 16 HP 39/54, Init +2, Perception +9/+11 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 20
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 0/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 0/1 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Self*(3m), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (50 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster II:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
2 scrolls of Umbrella, 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility, Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge

Effects:

Gragnor HP: 22/26, AC 25 with Mage Armor ..... Move 40'
Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3 (+6 to hit while poisoned, d3-2 damage)
Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +1, CMB +2, CMD 16, Evasion
Perception +14, Stealth +22, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
Effects: Mage Armor 1.15 hrs, 11-5 STR, 11-5 CON, +5 Fort from antitoxin potion, +2 Con Lesser Evolution Surge
+3 base Fort -2 Con +1 Surge +5 antitoxin = +7 vs DC 13
Final result CON 11-3=8, STR 11-5=6
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
While leaving didn't restore Gragnor, he does seem to stabilize on his return, and even looks a bit better after taking the potion Kalgor offers him.

[sblock=Satin Knights]Which stat are you applying the potion to? Lesser Restoration only repairs one of them if I'm reading the spell correctly.[/sblock]

[sblock=Anaerion]Having a name to finally attach to his mental search, as well as the abilities Hyve mentions, something clicks into place for Anaerion. He recalls myths about the inhabitants of the Dark Tapestry. Living their lives in an otherworldly darkness almost as intense in its lightlessness as is its antithesis of the sun beating down on a desert noon, the Spawns long ago evolved to have no need for their eyes. Though the souls and creatures trapped and tortured in the other realm might desperately wish it, there is no hiding from a Spawn of Yog-Sothtoth. Not only can the monstrosities see in the dark, but their preternatural senses are so keen that they can detect others even through concealing magics and fogs.

OOC: The Spawn of Yog-Sothoth has both darkvision and blindsight
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion's mind starts to figure out which spells would be useful against a creature that can see in both darkness and without light. Deciding on a spell that will allow him flight, while also having a spell that will force a creature to fall into another dimension, he starts memorizing

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 9 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person, Comprehend Languages
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Sm3: Lantern Archon, Fly
Ring: Available
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ausk stands guard as Anaerion refocuses his mind to take advantage of the mental 'space' which he's found opened recently, though nothing appears to come into the cave. The party stands in relative silence, gaining a second wind, the corpse of Hyve lying untouched and cooling since Kalgor reclaimed his shackles, a thin trail of blood having rolled down the sloping tunnel he never managed to escape through.

jackslate45

First Post
Once his mind has been filled by the new spells, Anaerion stands up, and starts inspecting Hyde's body. Let us see what we can take from him....

Once everything of value is removed, he mutters a few words. The spell to detect magical aura's was always useful for times like these.

Remove ads