[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
"I'm telling you, I don't know!" Hyve insists. "All I know is, every time it drains one of us, it gets stronger. Crove said something about the transfer weakening it. So, it's not indestructible. At least, not yet. But it's not a quick stabby stab to drop it, either. But if someone doesn't stop it, I expect it'll start calling friends when it's done with us, and Heth will have yet another regime change; this time to ... things from the abyss."

[sblock=ooc] 1 request left if you guys want it.

Also, I've a bit of bad news. After some private discussion, perrinmiller has decided to withdraw Tyrien from the game. I don't think the whys need public discussion, but I wish him the best; I've enjoyed watching the young half-elf's bubbly naivite bumping up against the harsh nastiness of Kostry Kopec. I'm currently messaging him to figure out an exit strategy that's viable for him.

That leaves three of you guys in this adventure, and I wanted to start some discussion on party viability and options going forward.

[sblock=Options]

There are two primary categories I wanted to discuss:

1: Party Make Up

While I don't think you guys have been super hard pressed to survive the encounters thus far, I will say things get harder going forward, and Mowgli definitely agreed that the final encounter / set of encounters are likely to be a bear. I'm not sure 3 characters will be able to tackle it on their own. There are no viable replacement characters in the wings that I was able to see perusing the adventures page, however.

So, the options on the 'small party' solution as I see them are

A) Heck with it, three is plenty! Let's go!
B) Heck with it, three's too few. Let's wrap this sad puppy up and move on.
C) We'll gladly give some XP share to an NPC tomorrow for some tagging along today.

In the case of (C), I think Rylidak is probably a story-viable option. As a paladin, she covers more fighting and provides some minor healing (and, possibly more important for this adventure, Mercies). I'd be inclined to 'run' her out of combat, but I'd very, very much prefer if one of you guys would be willing to run her for combat encounters. It's really hard to run a fight when I'm playing both sides. :)

2: Adventure Length

You're only about at the halfway mark on the adventure as proposed, but with a truncated party, I figured since we might be reconfiguring anyway, I thought I'd offer to do some further editing if that helped nudge folks into finishing things out. I don't think I'm spoiling or surprising anyone to say that as designed, after Hyve you'd be expected to tackle each of the remaining two Keepers leading into The Grand Guignol.

I have an idea that can chop out one of those two tracks if you'd like, moving you to the climax a bit sooner. The biggest downside to this is that your next level is no longer guaranteed (depending on party makeup / TBX), whereas if you face it all, you're for sure all level 7 for the final battle. Mind you, it looks like you all have at least a little unspent DMC, too, which could probably make up for that if you decided you wanted to burn it.

Okay, so we have a little time yet to make decisions, since you haven't even finished talking to Hyve, let alone taken a look down the hall :angel:. So, think on it and we can discuss your preferences.[/sblock][/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]If it would help with party makeup, I could pull Ausk out, and finish up Elliman quickly. Ausk really hasn't done much anyway, since he can't move nearly as fast as the eidolon, and having a bard instead of Ausk may make finding a fourth character a bit easier.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]mfloyd3's Larissa just stepped into the DWI. She is fifth level, mostly cleric for decent healing, and better AC than the rest of us. She looks like a good fit, and could have been sent along to catchup with us after we had left Venza. So, she arrives in the night after we get done with the current scene.

If mfloyd3 isn't interested, I can run Rylidak. I seem to have the most spare time.

Length: Let it play out. Leveling is best, especially if you are taking bad guys from where I think they are coming from.[/sblock]
Feeding more questions to Ausk, "Don't forget to ask him about the Crow guard commander and what happened to her and/or other Crow guards."

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I would prefer to finish it off as well. Given how scary this monster seems to be, I actually want to kick its butt.

That, and if we are 7th level by the time we fight this thing, Anaerion will have access to 4th level spells (Currently thinking Dim Door and SM 4, but I am taking requests). Which would be awesome.

Note that my posting is going to drop for a bit until I get a new phone. My old one got destroyed, and is how I did most of my posting.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]@sunshadow21 , I'd rather not do even more swapping out, actually, and with the multiple nastiness about, I think Ausk's oracle levels are probably better for the party than a bard would be (Speaking of Ausk's levels, though, you still need to level him to 6).

I missed that Larissa may be powered up enough that being slightly behind you guys won't hurt as much. Thanks for pointing that out, SK. I've sent a PM to check interest there; should be plenty of time to work out an in for her while you guys finish up what's here.

Looks like you guys are on board with going for the full adventure, at least, so let's see what we can do...[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Heard back from mfloyd, and he's decided to sign onto a different game, so looks like you'll be getting a half-orc paladin in the near future unless someone else wanders in soonish. Going to push things along here. Apologies for letting things languish so long ...[/sblock]

Hyve hangs his head as the half-orc gives one more of his death-stares, and nods back in the direction of the tunnel / slope down which he had been trying to escape.

"Called himself Dergho when he sauntered up in here ready to take me in to serve justice or whatever else it was he was babbling. Realized from all his back-patting that he hadn't reported in, so one sleeping poison later, he was off to the garden with the other meddlers."

The once-gagged man shrugs, having apparently no other details on his Crow victim. Then he frowns, and eyes rolling back into his head, falls backward, once again unconscious. A quick search of the room reveals no other details, other than the fact that both ends of the room have their own fully stocked alchemist's labs. Hyve apparently enjoys reduncancy.

With their captive once again unconscious, the party is free to make what choices they might as regards his disposition and the remainder of his lair...

[sblock=ooc]Didn't want to make assumptions as to what you may or may not choose to do with / to Hyve, but figured I'd handwave the search of this room, since the labs aren't exactly hidden. (2 Alchemists Labs: worth 400 gp if you decide to cart it off / can arrange to have it carted). There's a sloping tunnel / chute behind Hyve, in the direction he indicated had "The Garden."[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk pulls his dagger out, gives the man the traditional gladiator mercy killing swiftly and cleanly, clearly having far more practice than he would personally prefer, and moves toward the remaining tunnel. "We should get moving; we've wasted enough time here."

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion seems lost in thought, until Ausk mentions moving on. He speaks up again with "Um...I have only a fewspells left, but I have room for a couple more. If we wanted to wait I mean."

"Considering what you have prepared, surely you don't need more?" Anaerion's soul quips. "Your already super powerful enough!"

Anaerion shakes his head, but says nothing.

[sblock]
Anaerion still has a level 2 and a level 3 slot open, and is most defiantly going to take quick study at level 7. Anyway...

Also jk, I wanted to confirm that a 29 Planes does not make the know check for this Yog-Sothoth Monster. If it is something let me know, because based on what Anaerion sees its something like an extra-planar aberration (Which would either be Planes or Dungenoerring, not sure which one trumps what)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 9 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person, Comprehend Languages
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web, EMPTY SLOT
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Sm3: Lantern Archon, EMPTY SLOT
Ring: Available
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Remove ads