The AFK Thread

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Well, it looks as though my MSXML files have gotten somehow corrupted. Although diagnostics says they're OK, several programs I use (including, unfortunately, HeroLab) say that they're not and are not working correctly.

I've got a few more things to try to get them fixed, but if they don't pan out I'll be spending significant time making sure everything's backed up, then doing a clean install of Windows (and a lot of praying). SO, if I disappear from the boards for a day or two (I surely hope that's all it ends up taking) that's where I'll be.

Anastrace

First Post
Sorry for my absence

Sorry for my extended absence, I've been in the hospital since the 29th. Spent two weeks in the ICU, and the rest on a medical floor recovering. I'm getting released today, and let me tell you I'm so glad to be out of the hospital.

Again, my sincere apologies. I was rushed in to the ER so I never had a chance to say anything. I hope I can rejoin the groups I was in, but I understand if I need to wait for another.

thanks for understanding,
Ana

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Anastance,

I was in an ICU for 6 weeks in a medically induced coma. I am sure You will be able to be brought back in. I was unable to even post from Oct 30, 2011 to March something 2012. You just be more worried about getting healthy. Many here know of what i have been through, so they will understand.

jkason

First Post
I'm so, so sorry for the crappy timing, but I'm getting hit from all sides by stuff from work, home, etc in ye olde real life, and having no time at all for the boards. I wanted to sneak on and let folks know. I'm hoping things will be sorted by late this week / early next. Again, my apologies. :(

Systole

First Post
I'm getting hammered by RL -- work mostly, but a couple other things are eating the remainder of my time. I'll be spotty for at least another week, but will do my best to keep up with the games I'm running.

jkason

First Post
I'm back ... ish. It will likely be a few more weeks of slow posting from me, I'm afraid. It turns out that once you deal with one wedding-related fire, three more have time to crop up. By next Saturday, though, it'll all be done one way or the other, lol. :)

Remove ads