The AFK Thread

Aura

Explorer
Glad to hear you're doing better, PM. That sounds like a severe heat exhaustion or a possible low grade heat stroke. It's easy to underestimate how much hydration is needed in those situations, too. I typically pack at least a quart for even just a couple hours.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yeah, probably some heat exhaustion. I did drink water and actually waded into a cold river one day. But 4 days of it took its toll. It is just so damn hot and humid here in late July and August. And I have no choice bu to be outside for baseball.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, these last two or three weeks have been very hectic (a good hectic, with vacations, planning for vacations, lots of family time, etc., but still hectic). Starting late this afternoon I'll be on a train, travelling alone, for the next two days at least and should have time to update all of my games and keep up for a bit. I'll be in limited contact from Thursday afternoon/evening through Sunday sometime (camping at an outdoor music festival) and then back on the train for a couple more days, so catching up again.

Anastrace

First Post
Sorry for no advance notice, but I've been in the hospital following emergency surgery. I was sent home two days ago, but pain pills have left me in a serious haze. I'm hoping to feel ok enough to make a full post tomorrow. Sorry for the trouble! Back to bed.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hey, this is no problem. I know how emergencies can change life. Believe me! You just get better! Is all going well? Getting better?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OH joy! Hospital food! so very exquisite dining! Yom yom! I am glad the internal bleeding has been stopped in all seriousness.

Remove ads