[LPF] Ties that Bind

Qik

First Post
Eanos's magical sight turns up nothing in the cabin. The group spends a lengthy interval searching the cabin for clues, but besides the tracks they spotted, none seem forthcoming. Just as all seems lost, however, Drev points out an unusually creeky floorboard, which comes up with Galin's blessing. Underneath, the group finds a small book wrapped in cloth. It turns out to belong to Alecks.

The book is a journal of some sort, although the dates are oddly intermittent. Galin explains that Alecks stays at the cabin often when passing through the area, and the dates of the entries seem to correspond to his travels. Most of the entries are unspectacular, but the most recent ones explain that Alecks has been following an unspecified group of individuals in search of the stone he had been charged to get; apparently this group had beat him to it. In the most recent entry, Alecks mentions that he had tracked the group to a campsite and had stolen the stone. The entry contains enough information to lead the group to the sight. Galin reckons it would be about a day and a half's travel from the cabin.

[sblock=OOC]Apologies for the somewhat quick and dirty entry. Let me know if you need any details elaborated upon.

As for leveling, jk, I bet you're right. I'd been meaning to check on the time rewards. If people do qualify to level, now would be a perfect time to do so. Feel free to run the numbers, or I'll do so ASAP.

Thanks for continuing to bear with my less-than-stellar posting rate and attention to those sorts of details. :p[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

Just a heads up that I am still here. It has been crazy the past several weeks and Dad just went into the hospital over the weekend on top of that. Please forgive my absence, I am still interested in playing, but my time is spotty at the moment. I will try to get caught up.

[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra tries to read the entries, but the welling tears in her eyes, having been so close yet to have him snatched from her yet again, force her to have to let someone else read the entries. As she listens, she grows quiet. The tears flow, but she isn't sobbing or hysterical. In fact, the look on her face might cause a mild bout of terror in someone if the one(s) to whom it was directed were present to see. With the last entry finished. Audra bows her head.

"And they followed him here and took it back. And took him, too. I will see to it that they regret that."

She raises her head, her eyes still closed. The tears seemingly for now held at bay, but whoa for the poor Summoner who must be around her when they sleep.

"A day and a half. Anyone have a reckoning on what time it is now? I want to go find him now, but at the moment, that is probably the last thing I should do. I need to rest a little more. Unless we've time to get after him now."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=OOCatron]Audra started as a Level 4 Monk. Her starting HP was 6654. This leaves her 3346 from Level 5 (10000 xp) To obtain that much XP she would need to be adventuring for 152 days and a fraction. As of now, we are in day 194. Not including the encounter XP, she would have leveled 42 days ago. :p I can calculate her exact XP at the moment, by the day at least, if you want me to include the encounter XP and all that rot. Suffice it to say, there is enough here to get her to level 5, and as she had just hit level 4 right before we started...[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]My notes have Audra, Eanos, and Fulgrim reaching level 5 after the deinonychus fight (7/31/2012) and Elenka hitting level 6 by TBX on 8/12/2012. I'm working on her level-up but haven't yet finished it.[/sblock]

Elenka is all business as she looks from her companions to Galin.

"We're going after Alecks. We would welcome your knowledge of these woods but I'm sure there will be a fight in the offing and it might be better if you went home to take care of your boy and let us take care of these men. We were expecting something like this."

She scowls as she peers outside. "We've a good half day of travel left in this day. Anyone have anything they need to do before we go? No? Let's hit the trail then."

Drevezh'korol looks worriedly from Audra to Elenka and back again but says nothing as he steps outside.

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra stands there a moment, nodding but not saying anything to the departing pair. She closes her eyes, a short prayer, then opens them. she looks at Galin.

"I suggest you return home and look after your son, as Elenka says. Her instinct is usually right on. As for the rest of you. I want you to know how much I appreciate your being here. From this moment on, I have to beg your forgiveness if I act before I think. I am not going to let them get away with this. Whomever is responsible will get what is coming to them."

She turns to follow Elenka but stops as her backpack settles against her back. She blinks and pulls it around. As ifs he could will it to work for her, she pulls the card from her pack pocket and starts to walk, carrying it.

"If ever I needed you it's now. Knowledge must guide me as far as it can. From there, only raw emotion will remain."

She starts forward again, following Elenka and Drev...

[sblock=ooc]If the card chooses to answer her plea she will take it outside and view it. otherwise, she will return it to her pack and walk with no hesitation, her path now set.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Galin nods, maintaining the solemnity that had taken hold since Alecks' disappearance had been noticed. "Aye. I 'ave tah say, a good dwarf knows what 'e can do and what 'e can't; I ain't a fightin' being, madam." Eyes narrowing fiercely, he adds, "But you go get yer brother back, lass. And you come see me when it's all over, and we'll celebrate like you ain't never seen." Galin answers any questions the group has about the directions, grips everyone's forearms in an emphatic farewell, and sets off back towards Feywood.

As the group prepares to set out for the countless time, Audra takes a moment to entreat the card the gnome had given her. She stares at it, hard, the card quavering slightly in her hand, but she sees nothing further. Apparently, whatever's to come must be faced without forewarning. Either that, or the card simply refuses to answer when called, preferring to choose its own time and place to impart insight. Undaunted, the redheaded monk sets out, followed closely by her friends.

[sblock=OOC]I'm sure everyone's tired of my apologies for not posting better, so I'll spare you more of them. Suffice it to say I'm sorry real life isn't allowing me to be more consistent or diligent. Thanks for sticking with me, gang. I appreciate it, for what it's worth.

I'll need to know your plans: you'll reach the marked sight after nightfall of the following day. Do you wish to proceed at night, or want to want for the next morning? Also, please include perception rolls with your next post.

Also, yes, everyone can go ahead and level. Thanks for being a more responsible accountant than me, GE. :blush:

We'll see things through to the end, I promise![/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]No worries, Qik. I've been in a similar boat with a big fall off in time I can spend on the boards. It's always worth the wait, though.[/sblock]

"Track while the trail's freshest," Eanos agrees. "Not keen on wandering in the dark, though. Hopefully you're okay with a bit of sleep when the time comes?" he addresses the last to Audra.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka favors stopping when it starts to get dark.

"Traveling in the dark can be perilous. I recommend we stop, make a cold camp and head out as soon as it starts to get light. That way we travel mostly in the day and by the time we get to their camp the dimmer light should give us a bit of an advantage when sneaking up for the ambush."

[sblock=OOC]Hey, Qik, no need to beat yourself up over having a hectic life! These things go in cycles: sometimes you're free and have lots of time to post and sometimes you're busy and don't. It's just the way things are. We're all good with the slower pace. It sounds like we all have a bunch a stuff going on right now and the relaxed pace in kinda nice. So, no worries at all.[/sblock]

__
• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •__• • Drevezh'Korol • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 5
Initiative: +2 Perception: +7

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) [20 w/Shield]
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 3/5 remaining.
2nd level: 3/3 remaining.
Rod of Extend: 2/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
Special: Summon Monster 3 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 20 (12 touch; 18 flat-footed) [24 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +9 CMD: 20 Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +4

In Hand: --
Conditions: [/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

I, like Qik, am still posting apologies for my absence as well! My wife was in the ICU this past week, things are looking better now, but I've been sleep deprived and not much time for gaming! If things continue to go well and I catch up on my sleep, I will get Fulgrim leveled and back into this game.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases