[LPF] Pirate Treasure

sunshadow21

Explorer
It's a tense few moments, but the party does eventually convince the dragoness to accept Dunkel's deal. Her minions are in the process of stacking up the roughly half dozen chests, all of which look quite old, when her mate returns, appearing out of the water; the two of them have an extensive conversation in which he tries to dissuade her from the present course of action, but ultimately fails before disappearing again almost as fast with a comment of going to visit the neighbors. The rest of the interaction is uneventful; the harpies are gone, and you can see the small male dragon flying around the top of the rock that had been their nest. The chests, along with the other loot you had found on the beach, are quickly loaded on the dinghy and you return to the boat. The trip home is largely uneventful and one of the crew members is kind enough to open the very securely sealed chests for you. They are filled with coins and gems; nothing radiates magic, but there's definitely enough wealth in the chests to qualify as a nice cache of pirate treasure. It's boggles your mind a bit that this is just one of apparently many stashes Old Greybeard left behind; many of the more outrageous sounding legends suddenly ring a lot truer.

At the dock, the captain rounds up a wagon for you, and you quickly find yourself back the inn waiting in one of the back rooms for Slick Sam to show up while munching on some of the kitchen's finer goods.

OOC: I'll give the party a chance to discuss what they want to tell Sam before he shows up.

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue is elated at the outcome of their excursion. As the group waits at the inn to meet with their employer he orders some food and the company of his companions. What a success, and what a story coming face to face with dragons and walking away with the treasure unharmed. Insane, truly unbelievable but he was there experiencing every bit of adrenaline and fear. "Now Dunkel, you must have a golden tongue. To walk away with a dragons treasure! And have them clear the way out for us. Ha. Who could believe such a story. What do you think the dragons were after if not the treasure chests? And what of the rest of the stashes Slick Sam had notes on? Imagine the wealth there must be out there waiting to be found."

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Thinking about the situation, Tamarie voices an opinion, her words lilting through the air, "I imagine she had something to gain by deal, something more valuable than the treasure itself. She may have found something already and kept it, perhaps like magical devices. Or, she merely wants the location as 'known pirate treasure' removed from the maps so she can live without more bands of adventurers coming. That would make things safer for any young she might raise there.

"On thing is for sure," the songweaver shifts her feet around before continuing. "It wasn't a clearcut decision, or her mate would have not argued." Tamarie looks over the water. "We may have gotten the short end of the stick, there. It's had to tell."

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 21/22
Shawl of Life Keeping: 1 stored HP
CMB: +2 CMD: 14

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 6/7
Second Level spells remaining: 2/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 6/7 (Tamarie)
Bolts remaining: 18/20

Current Weapon in Hand: crossbow(loaded)
Current Conditions in Effect: mage armor, ioun torch
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +0gp[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
From what you heard of the argument, most of it revolved around safety of the future young vs a handful of chests that they couldn't open and would likely not be able to for some time and/or without great expense. There did seem to be some other things found, mostly weapons, but the secure chests (that a professional smuggler found a genuine challenge) seem to have been the bulk of what the dragons had initially found in the cavern.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

Qalabash looked around at the fellow adventurers whose company he kept. He was clearly considering this stick that Tamarie believed they received the short end but eventually he shrugged.

"I cannot say whether we were duped or not. Maybe so, but I cannot bring myself to worry about it overly much. We made it out alive and with a chest of gold. Now we only have to inform Samuel of what we found."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 4
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 19 (shield)
HP: 38 Current: 30
CMB: +6; +8 Trip CMD: 17; 19 vs. Trip Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +3

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: Shield 10/10; Bull's Strength
Spells Prepared:
  • 2nd level (DC 15): Frigid Touch, Mirror Image
  • 1st level (DC 14): Blade Lash, Grease, Long Arm, Shocking Grasp
  • Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +7
Arcane Pool: 4/5 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)

[size=+1]The Spotted Beast[/size], cat familiar
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 16 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 16
HP: 19 Current: 19
CMB: +? CMD: ? Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: n/a
Conditions: none

Used: Shield: 3 charges
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
And Dunkel adds, "And no one was killed. We didn't have to murder anyone, and none of us had fallen. It doesn't matter whether or not we were tricked out of more treasure, but to me I call this the best kind of win. As for the dragons, I would guess that they must have known that if we didn't return, curiosity would have been peeked and more adventurers would have come and eventually threatened their well-being. I plan to tell our employer that we grabbed all the treasure to be found, which hopefully will discourage other treasure hunters from threatening them later."

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Tamarie nods as she listens to the others. "All true, particularly the part about all of us living to talk about it. I'm just exploring the possibilities; I'm rather happy with the conclusion." Drawing her dagger, she non-chalantly trims a stray thread from her cloak and sheathes it again. "It was the first time I'd ever seen a dragon. I'm trying to figure out what to say about it in a letter home. It wasn't the high heroic battle we were all taught to expect, was it?" The songweaver smiles, giving a short display of her pronounced canines, only to take up a little melodic humming of a popular tavern song to pass the time.

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 21/22
Shawl of Life Keeping: 1 stored HP
CMB: +2 CMD: 14

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 6/7
Second Level spells remaining: 2/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 6/7 (Tamarie)
Bolts remaining: 18/20

Current Weapon in Hand: crossbow(loaded)
Current Conditions in Effect: mage armor, ioun torch
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +0gp[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"A war of words is still one worth winning, after all, such is the sort of wit that they write songs of. Myself, I am simply glad that they did not use their mouths to devour us instead."

Yet in a way, Wahyu was rather disappointed. He couldn't explain it, but he had really wanted to test his new blade. He had never once felt this way before, but the more he thought of the sickly green blade, the more he felt that there was something there, just under the surface, dormant for now. The conjurer pushed these thoughts out of his head. There would be time to delve later.

Wahyu raised a toast, "Well, my friends, I had not expected much when we set out on this venture, but now I am intrigued. Here's to stepping into the lyrics of history."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

Qalabash continues to listen and participate in the conversation; his companion's words set him to nodding in agreement.

"Truly spoken, my friends! Not all tales end in blood and violence; some end with a kiss." He grins and winks at Wahyu but turns to Dunkel. "I agree with you, sir, and will follow your lead in what we say to Slick Samuel."

Qalabash leans back, chicken leg in hand and begins tearing bits of meat off it and tossing them to the Spotted Beast. The cat devours every morsel and with a rumbling purr asks for more.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 4
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 19 (shield)
HP: 38 Current: 30
CMB: +6; +8 Trip CMD: 17; 19 vs. Trip Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +3

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: Shield 10/10; Bull's Strength
Spells Prepared:
  • 2nd level (DC 15): Frigid Touch, Mirror Image
  • 1st level (DC 14): Blade Lash, Grease, Long Arm, Shocking Grasp
  • Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +7
Arcane Pool: 4/5 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)

[size=+1]The Spotted Beast[/size], cat familiar
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 16 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 16
HP: 19 Current: 19
CMB: +? CMD: ? Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: n/a
Conditions: none

Used: Shield: 3 charges
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Sam comes walking in, looking much the same as he was before, though his getup this time is clearly more sailorlike, suggesting he had just come from the docks. He smiles as he looks you over and grabs a frog leg as he sits down. "Ah good, you have returned, and all of you seem to be in one piece. That is a very good thing indeed. I do so hate having to end meetings early because my agents have to report to the doctor's office; it's occasionally necessary, but never pleasant. And you seem to have found some goodly amount of treasure as well. I am eager to hear the details; there is much in the papers I am eager to either confirm or refute." With that, he falls silent, waiting for the party to tell their story.

Remove ads