[LPF] Ties that Bind

Qik

First Post
Audra shimmies up the tree with ease. Balancing from her impromptu perch, looking comfortable but secretly feeling the awkwardness of her improvised handholds, she strains to catch sight of any signs of encampment in the encroaching dimness of night. Finally, after a few minutes, she shakes her head in frustration and makes her way down, having seen nothing.

Eanos and Audra bid a temporary fairwell to their companions, and begin to make their way through the woods. As they draw closer, they become increasingly focused on keeping quiet and concealed.

A mile or two out, Eanos begins to smell smoke, thanks to his magically-enhanced scent. As they draw nearer, Audra catches scent of it as well. By this time, Eanos's nostrils are almost overwhelmed with information: he can tell that a variety of materials are burning, beyond simply wood and even including what he would guess to be flesh (although of what, he cannot say).

The pair also begins to hear faint sounds of shouting, although at this distance, they can't discern anything intelligible.

[sblock=OOC]You're probably a half mile or so out from where the camp should be. You've come ~2.5 miles in about 50 minutes walking; I figure it'd take at least half that time moving at full speed to get back to Fulgrim, Elenka, and Drev or for them to come to you. You can't see anything presently through the forest.

If you do encroach, please make stealth and perception checks.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos places a restraining hand on Audra's shoulder.

"Not a campfire. Or not just one," he whispers, tense. "Think something's on fire up ahead. It'll take to long backtracking to the others if I'm right. Think we have to trust they'll catch up."

The wandering preacher's grip tightens slightly as he adds, "Before we move, you promise me that if it comes time to run, you run, yes? Things'll get real messy for both of us if I have to go herding errant redheads." The last has a slightly playful tone, but the subtext is sincere enough: Eanos worries Audra's emotions might get the better of her, and he's hoping for assurances the young woman can maintain the focus she's been trained for.

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 35 Current: 35
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: Bloodhound (Scent, perception, & survival bonuses, 5 hours)

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)
Silver Figurine (from Elenka): Unused

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 5/5 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/3 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just for the record, though tis moot now, Audra wasn't going to 'shimmy' up the tree. I was going to have her go up the tree upon hearing back an answer to a question I sent to Q, but I didn't get an answer back. Though she shimmied the thing anyway, I had not intended her to do so yet. :p Now that I feel better...[/sblock]

Audra seems on edge, but her will stays strong and she restrains herself, moving carefully and cautiously. When she picks up the smell she automatically thinks the worst, but soon decides that perhaps those they seek found dinner. This causes her right eyebrow to quirk, not only at her own hunger, as she hasn't eaten as ravenously as she normally does, but at the thought of possibly catching their prey unawares.

"Burning flesh. You think maybe they hunted something for dinner? This is the woods."

She speaks quietly, returning Eanos' whisper with her own, though the tension is still easily heard. As his grasp tightens on her shoulder she starts, though without saying anything. She raises her arm slowly and lowers her hand top Eanos' on her shoulder. Despite the fact her hands are (might should be registered) weapons, her touch is still the soft touch of a woman. Her hand lingers only a moment before she returns it to her knee.

"I hope it doesn't come to that. If we can find a spot to wait for the others that would probably be best. If that is their dinner cooking, they won't be moving along for a while I wouldn't think. We should try to get a little closer, maybe close enough to hear them, see what their mood is, then draw back, maybe to this place, and wait for the others."

She looks at the traveling preacher, her eyes almost as bright with green flame as the presumed cookfire must be with the juices of whatever they have caught.

"I'll get my chances. Besides, it can't be a real redhead stampede without Elenka."

The humor seems a bit forced, but the quirk of the corner of her lip isn't, a sign of what little humor she might have left.

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry Artur; I saw no reason not to press on with having Audra go up the tree, and didn't really see a question that needed to be addressed. All you said was that you wanted her to go up the tree and see if she could have a look for the enemy camp, which seemed straightforward enough that I did so.

Although, I didn't use a jump check, but a climb one. I rolled it myself, and she passed with flying colors, so I went ahead and played it out.

Proper post pending on the agreement that you two will be going ahead to have a look. When you do post again, please include the stealth and perception rolls I asked for; they make my life a lot easier.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry Artur; I saw no reason not to press on with having Audra go up the tree, and didn't really see a question that needed to be addressed. All you said was that you wanted her to go up the tree and see if she could have a look for the enemy camp, which seemed straightforward enough that I did so.

Although, I didn't use a jump check, but a climb one. I rolled it myself, and she passed with flying colors, so I went ahead and played it out.

Proper post pending on the agreement that you two will be going ahead to have a look. When you do post again, please include the stealth and perception rolls I asked for; they make my life a lot easier.[/sblock]

[sblock=Qik]No worries mate. It all works. :) I was just hoping for the effect of her jumping to a branch or two along the way. You know, the over the top thing. :D Once we move, I'll remember the rolls.

Goodness knows you have had enough complications of late, so no problem. :)[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra takes a deep breath, nods to her companion and begins moving forward, trying her best to move quietly, at least glad she isn't wearing loud, metal armor.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for continuing delays... :([/sblock]

Eanos nods as Audra confirms her control, and returns his own tense smile as she attempts to maintain her humor. He crouches down and follows as she moves, his practiced step finding soft places and avoiding rustling even as his senses--magically enhanced and natural--come sharply alert with the clear and present threat.

[sblock=ooc]Hope the notation on Perception makes sense. Essentially, he got a 25 normally, but has a 33 for any scent-related checks.

Perception (add +8 for any scent-related details); Stealth (1d20+12=25, 1d20+15=28)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 35 Current: 35
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: Bloodhound (Scent, perception, & survival bonuses, 5 hours)

In Hand:Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/33
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining (second wand full)
Silver Figurine (from Elenka): Unused

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 5/5 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (2/3 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]With it being Thanksgiving week here in the US and the start of the Mad Rush Holiday Season, I think we'll probably be running at a relaxed pace. Everyone will get blindsided by real life. We'll just go along as we can. :)[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
As the pair move stealthily through the woods, the smell of smoke thickens, and the volume of yells increase. Plumes of smoke begin to curl in the distance. Finally, they draw soundlessly towards the edge of a clearing, catching sight of firelight flicking through the trees. An excess of firelight: the source is well beyond a campfire.

Peaking through the trees, the pair catch sight of what appears to be a massacre: a small encampment up in flames, several still bodies lying here and there, and several more active bodies either running, or battling, mostly unsuccessfully, what appear to be two large columns of living flame, 10 feet tall or more. The living flames flicker in and out of more humanoid shapes and less anthropomorphic ones as flit about with lightning quickness, battering their victims with cruel glee.

[sblock=OOC]Feel free to make applicable knowledge rolls for more info. You're at the edge of the camp clearing; it does not appear as though you've been spotted. You see bodies, people fleeing or fighting (having sighted 4 or 5 still alive altogether), and several tents. You're roughly 40 feet from the encampment itself, where the proverbial crap is hitting the fan.

At this point, Audra and Eanos have yet to send the raven figurine back to signal the others.

I'll get a map up ASAP. If you get a chance to post in the meantime, feel free to roll initiative, suggest preliminary actions, etc. And don't worry about the pace! It's been confirmed that we're all busy for one reason or another, and that we're all fine with the slower pace. Makes my life easier: less guilt. :D It's a good group of folks; I'm not sweating the game's status.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra takes in the scene. Her eyes focus on the two fire things for a moment, then she looks at one of the nearer bodies from her crouching hiding spot, not moving. She looks once more at the fire things and her visible flesh starts to glisten with sweat. Her brow furrows and she begins looking about the visible parts of the campsite as best she can from her safe haven, trying to spot Alecks. She knows what he looks like, thanks to that curse-ed card in the pack on her back. She restrains herself with all her might.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases