+ Log in or register to post
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: D&D Next
Friday, 20th April, 2012, 05:50 PM #1
Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)
On January 9th, 2012, WotC officially announced that it was working on a new edition of D&D, although it was late 2010 that WotC first seriously started thinking about a new edition. This was prompted by divisions in the RPG community: "First, we had a divided audience. Second, if we kept altering the core of 4th Edition, the division would only become more apparent." - Mike Mearls.
[span] style="border: 1px dotted green; background: yellow; color: brown" | The SECOND playtest package is now available for download. See below for instructions on how to get it! [/span]
- Read the initial design goal document sent by Mike Mearls to WotC staff in early 2011.
- Click here for instructions to download the public playtest package.
Fan logo by Transbot9.
- The source is linked to where possible.
- Where no source is linked, the info came from one of the DDXP seminars. See this page for links for full transcripts.
- Items in italics are considered unreliable third party sources. They are included for completeness' sake, but take with a grain of salt.
- EN World's announcements about the new game:
- Off to see the Wizards: The day that WotC showed me D&D 5th Edition
- WotC Seeks Unity with a New Edition
- There are articles from other outlets compiled on their own page later.
- If you're on Twitter, the most popular hashtag for this subject is #dndnext .
- EN World's discussion forum for the next iteration of D&D can be found here. Feel free to join in!
- EN World
- has no influence
- on advertisings
- that are displayed by
- Google Adsense