[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jbear

First Post
Relic nods at Aradra. "Of course." [sblock=OOC] So chuck a Mage Armour extra in after he casts it on himself to cast it on Shadow. [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily smiles. "Hah! Sometimes you are not such the hole of the butt after alls, Arrdara! I will have the new cloth for cover my loins.

After Relic speaks, he adds, "I am not sure we should being to cross the circle before it is times to smackings the wicked thing, yes? We cans just smacking from the one side."

jbear

First Post
Relic considers carefully his friends words. Despite the elf's barbaric appearance, he had proven to the wizard time after time that he often saw right to the heart of matters when he himself had completely missed it.

"We should not cross the circle until we are all ready to attack. I do not know much about fighting, so whether you want to attack from one side or the other ... that I will leave to you, friend Daylilly. I trust your judgement. Although I can imagine that having you to one side and Kalinn behind would be quite a terrifying prospect, even for a demon born of the nine Hells."

He then goes on to explain what he has understood about how to break the circle.

[sblock=OOC] Does Relic know this info about breaking the cicle or does he need to study it more? [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Leaving Iosef behind, you quickstep to get into the tower, then realize that no shards of shale have fallen in an attempt to impale you. Going up to the second floor, you find the mage's quarters to be mostly as you left them, but with the bedding rumpled and a pillow thrown against the wall. Since there are two stairwells, your plan of buffing here seems most appropriate if you are going to split your direction of attacks.

"Returning eh? Come to let this lowly prisoner out of his cell?"
A sinister laugh echoes down the stairwells and into the halls. "It is true that I have been imprisoned unjustly, and for so long my jailers have turned to dust. Come. Come free me. If you are truly good and just, your tenants demand that you free me."

[sblock=ooc]What seems to be holding it in, from what you remember looking before is a Magic Circle Against Evil. It has likely been augmented by normal means, and by other strangeness of the island. Usually, that spell lasts a day per level. But, you have been seeing necromantic energies driving spells longer than usual already. Breaking the summoning circle should be as simple as crossing the lines draw in silver dust and disturbing the line. Even a feather laying across one of the lines will break it.

From what you remember, there were no elemental runes to indicate energy protection in the circle. A circle normally block all attacks, melee, ranged and energy if it has been augmented to its fullest.

Iosef's sword is having a tizzy fit and not in the mood. After being rescued from centuries of taunting, she is stuck with a pathetic whelp who is too sickly to wear his own armor properly. You shouldn't need it anyways.

Sorry for the delays, RL is throwing me some curve balls right now.

Guidance is one target per casting, so getting around the circle and then doing the other buffs, it's starting to wear off before you head up stairs.
[/sblock][sblock=status]
The occupant taunts you before you start your casting spree.
If this is okay for an action list, I will taunt you a bit more and then advance you up the stairs.

T-5: Relic casts Mage Armor on self, Frost casts Resist Energy fire? on Relic, Daylily polishes his hammer
T-4: Relic casts Mage Armor on Shadow, Frost casts Resist Energy fire? on Shadow
T-3: Relic casts Bless, Frost casts Prot f/Evil on self, Aradra casts Abundant Ammo
T-2: Relic casts Summ Monster II, Frost casts Shield, Aradra casts Gravity Bow
T-1: Relic casts Haste, Frost casts Prot f/Evil Communal, Aradra activates Iron Will, Daylily still polishing his hammer
T-0: Everybody runs up stairs, the stairs costing 20' of movement to the next level

86/87 ~ AC 18 ~ Daylily ~
...59/59 ~ AC 14+4 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 4.9 hrs, Mage Armor
...96/96 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~
101/101 ~ AC 22 ~ Shadow ~ amulet active
104/104 ~ AC 27~ Frost ~
[/sblock][sblock=map]
island78.png
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
"We are going to free you from your prison, for you have been unjustly kept in there." Aradra yells back at the occupent, retreving 3 bags of dust from his belt pouch. "But as you have already threatend our mage, I will do everything in my power to protect him. Even it means killing you as soon as your free."

[sblock=Actions]
That works for me. Aradra wants to sleep soundly tonight.
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily looks approvingly at Aradra. "Exactingly! Finally, the civilized persons is startings to make understand!"

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"Cross the circle and it will begin" states Relic as soon as he is prepared to commence.

[sblock=Relic lvl 8]

Relic Nevyn
(Lvl 8) Human Wizard 7/Oracle 1
HP: 59/59
AC: 14 (19) Touch 14 (19) FlatFooted 11 (16)
Initiative: +8; Temporal Celerity: Rolls initiative twice and can use either result
Fish Skin: -2 Cha; must get wet or staggered 1/day; +2 Escape Artist checks & CMD vs Grapple
Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +8
Wizards Spells: lvl 0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound
Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp; Identify: USED; Comprehend Languages; Magic Missile 2/2 Used; Silent image
Lvl 2: Summon Monster II: USED, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility; Flaming Sphere; Web
Level 3: Haste 2/2 Used; Lightning Bolt: USED; Gaseous Form: USED
Bonded Ring:
Pearl of Power (lvl 1): Magic Missile Charged
Pearl of Power (lvl 2):
Lightning Flash 7/8 uses left today
Oracles Orisons: Detect Poison, Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
Oracles Spells: lvl 1: 0/3 uses left today
Wand of Mage Armor: (43/50) charges
Wand of CLW: (49/50) charges
Rod of Lesser Extend: 3/3 uses left today
Quarterstaff of Spellstoring: +4; 1d6+1 dmg Charged: No Charge
Consumables: 4/4 CLW Potions; 7/8 trail rations
Scrolls prepared for Battle: Shield, Ray of Enfeeblement, Hypnotism, Moment of Greatness
Curse: Clouded Vision: Max Vision limit 30'; as Darkvision
[/sblock]

[sblock= Summoned Creature: Augmented Celestial Wolf]
N Medium celestial/fiendish animal
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent;Perception +8 DEFENSES
AC 14 (15), touch 12 (13), flat-footed 12 (+13) (+2 Dex, +2 natural,( +1 Haste))
hp [17/17] [2d8+8]
Fort [+7], Ref +5 (+6), Will +1
SR
Celestial - Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5
OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft (80 ft).
Melee bite [+4] (+5) ([1d6+3] plus
trip) (Full atq = 2 atqs with Haste)
Special Attack Smite evil/good
STATISTICS
Str [17], Dex 15, Con [19], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB [+4]; CMD [16] ( [20] vs trip)
Feats
Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Perception +8, Stealth +6, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking) SPECIAL ABILITIES
Smite evil/good 1/day as a swift action (adds CHA bonus (+0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+2) against evil/good foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestial/fiendish creature rests).
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: I'd like to add one more round to prep: Frost drinks from the Drinking Horn of Bottomless Valor, expending 3 charges. This can be at T-7/T-6, as it takes two full round actions but lasts 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Responding to Aradra's comments while you are finishing your preparations, "Glorious! If all of you free me unharmed and allow me to leave immediately, I shall promise to not cause harm to anyone currently in this tower by any action of my own for a period of not less than 100 days. I believe by that time we will have parted ways and do not expect to cross each others paths in the future. I have spent so long in this realm without exploring that I am sure I will be elsewhere doing just that by the time this contract expires."

After all of the preparations are finished, moving up the stairwells, you find the center of the room as you had before. Frost's larger size now gives her a bit of trouble squeezing up the stairs, but she makes it with determination.

While you hear the flapping of wings, the air in the room is still. The flame of the candles does not waver. The cell's occupant has chosen to remain invisible while negotiating with you.

"Do we have a deal?"

The origin of the voice would suggest the creature is eight to ten feet tall.

[sblock=map]
island79.png
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
...86/87 ~ AC 18+1 ~ Daylily ~ Prot f/Evil 1.9 min
...59/59 ~ AC 14+4+1 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 4.8 hrs, Mage Armor 8 hrs, Resist Fire 8hrs, Prot f/Evil 1.9 min
...96/96 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~ Abundant Ammo 6.7 min , Gravity Bow 6.8 min, Prot f/Evil 1.9 min, Iron Will
101/101 ~ AC 22+4+2 ~ Shadow ~ amulet active, Mage Armor 8 hrs, Resist Fire 8hrs, Prot f/Evil 1.9 min
104/104+18T ~ AC 27+4+2~ Frost ~ Prot f/Evil 7.7 min, Shield 7.8 min, temp HP (1d8+10=18), Heroism 9.5 min, Enlarge 9.5 min
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra paused for a second, wondering if the invisible creature's deal could hold some grain of truth to it. Raising his hand to hopefully call of his allies Aradra says "Two things, a clarification and a request. First, when you say anyone, does that include non humanoid creatures, correct?". He nods towards the wolf and the wisps following them.

If confirmed, Aradra says "Then, finally, as a sign of your honesty, let us see you as you truly are. I do not trust a deal maker who refuses to show himself."

Remove ads