[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jbear

First Post
"I would say that we should go and take a wee look in that covered alcove over there. Maybe there is a lever to open the portal. Shall we go and see?"

Not keen to go alone this time the old man moves at the pace of the others towards the alcove to search for an opening mechanism, though he still uses his wind magic to make his way as simple as possible.

Satin Knights

First Post
The group winds through the cutbacks in order to use the stairs to investigate the covered section to the northeast. Rubble and debris litter the floor in the alcove, but webbed feet are not the daintiest or stealthy in their movement. Following the tracks through the debris, it is rather easy for Aradra to find a concealed pull lever and hidden compartment in the wall. Inside the compartment is a bag of six potions. Using the relative cover of the alcove from the maelstrom above, Relic inspects the potions to find that they are a spell he is most familiar with. It appears that this stash of potions of Levitate were put here for a purpose.

[sblock=ooc]Take 10s are shattering the DCs on finding this stuff. [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Righ, well ... indeed there is a lever. Let's pull it shall we?" Relic does not wait for a response but instead pulls on the lever, hanging his frail body off it if necessary to make it budge.

If the lever moves he then quickly distributes the potions. "A little too much of a coincidence finding these here. I would say that there is quite a drop on the other side of that portal, and we are going to need to float our way down. That is what these potions are for. They will help you levitate down. Now, this means each of you can get down, and also back up. But only once. And Aradra, you will have to carry your wolf. So, I propose we go and have a look to see if the lever has worked. Then I think we should go and tell Iosef what we are doing. You can rest up or continue exploring while I prepare a few new spells. Then a wee nap for me and tomorrow, after a quick bath to chase away the itch, we can explore whatever is down there. There is no point rushing to out own death, when a day of preparation could make a difference in our chances of success and failure. What say you?"

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra raises his eyebrows at Relic's words, looks over at Shadow, and looks back. "You really think I will be able to carry him? I highly doubt it Besides, we do not need the potions to actually look at what is on the other side of that lens." With a sigh and a shake of the head, Aradra goes down to investigate the portal Relic is talking about.

jbear

First Post
"A fair point. In that case I will prepare spells to help out with that little problem ..." Relic tags along to take a look at what is on the other side of the portal as well.

Satin Knights

First Post
The lever mechanism is a bit rusty and stiff to move, but it does come down and lock into position 90 degrees from where it was. A slight metallic noise is heard from the pit.

Moving back down the structure, and into the pit, the last section is a fifteen by fifteen foot square stone pit just ten feet deep, with stairs going down into it. At the bottom, rainwater has gathered to provide about an inch of clear water covering the stone bottom.

Shadow is looking at the center and shifting his weight from side to side. It looks like he wants to bark at something, but is waiting for it to make the first move.
[sblock=Relic]The circular metallic iris of a door has retracted to open into a square pit that is ten by ten and goes deeper than your sight carries. The water is just a whispy illusion covering the pit to you. You tell the others that what they see is an illusion, but they just can't seem to see past it. Well, except for Shadow.
island77-Relic.png
[/sblock][sblock=Status] Shadow is a large creature. So, he is going to need to drink one of the potions himself to get down. The good thing is, he can carry 300 pounds, so someone can ride his back down and share that potion. :lol: Remember you will likely have to conserve potions so you can get back up and out. Y
86/87 ~ AC 18 ~ Daylily ~ Will (1d20+5=11)
...59/59 ~ AC 14 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 5.2 hrs, Relic Perception (1d20+9=13)
...96/96 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~ Aradra Will (1d20+6=13) vs. Illusion
101/101 ~ AC 22 ~ Shadow ~ amulet active Will (1d20+6=24) Succeeds Perception (1d20+13=25)
104/104 ~ AC 27~ Frost ~ Will (1d20+6=16)
[/sblock][sblock=map]
island77.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic grows agitated as his gesturing, pointing, foot stomping, and explaining does little to alleviate the fact his companions inability to see what turns out to be a potentially deadly illusion. "No, no ... I am quite sure. That is a very deep hole! If we go in, we won't be able to get out more than once. We should be as prepared as we can. Another few hours isn't going to change anything and I refuse to die of impatience."

Huffing and puffing he begins to float his way back to the top of the inverted pyramid intent on returning to the tower and the secure room to study up in preparation for delving into the heart of the island to face whatever dark power lies below.

[sblock=OOC] Is anyone against taking a rest so Relic can relearn his spells and get some lvl 4 spells into his arsenal?

I can have him memorise Feather Fall (now we know that he can only use it on himself at will) so we can all float down and save the potions for the way up. We could retreat after a scouting mission if need be and still get down and out again with the final 3 potions. [/sblock]

Remove ads