[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jbear

First Post
Relic nears the scene and seeing his companions struggle to down the creature he wades into the pool and unleashes a charge of electrical energy into the weeds.

[sblock=OOC] I am hoarding resources a bit as it feels we are so close to mopping up, yet it could go another couple of rounds if we can't hit. I could lay down Haste for some extra atks but I figure Relic will need something he can still contribute if we press on.

*NB: Fixed mini stats to lvl 8[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move to BZ 87 so Daylily and Kalinn can flank
Release a Lightning Flash: 9 dmg & dazzled for 4 rounds
Save Reflex DC 18 for half dmg & no dazzle
[/sblock]

[sblock=Relic lvl 8]

Relic Nevyn
(Lvl 8) Human Wizard 7/Oracle 1
HP: 59/59
AC: 14 Touch 14 FlatFooted 11
Initiative: +8; Temporal Celerity: Rolls initiative twice and can use either result
Fish Skin: -2 Cha; must get wet or staggered 1/day; +2 Escape Artist checks & CMD vs Grapple
Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +8
Wizards Spells: lvl 0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound
Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp; Identify: USED; Comprehend Languages; Magic Missile 2/2 Used; Silent image
Lvl 2: Summon Monster II, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility; Flaming Sphere; Web
Level 3: Haste 1/2 Used; Lightning Bolt: USED; Gaseous Form: USED
Bonded Ring:
Pearl of Power (lvl 1):
Pearl of Power (lvl 2):
Lightning Flash 7/8 uses left today
Oracles Orisons: Detect Poison, Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
Oracles Spells: lvl 1: 3/3 uses left today
Wand of Mage Armor: (45/50) charges
Wand of CLW: (50/50) charges
Rod of Lesser Extend: 3/3 uses left today
Quarterstaff of Spellstoring: +4; 1d6+1 dmg Charged: No Charge
Consumables: 4/4 CLW Potions; 7/8 trail rations
Scrolls prepared for Battle: Shield, Ray of Enfeeblement, Hypnotism, Moment of Greatness
Curse: Clouded Vision: Max Vision limit 30'; as Darkvision
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
The attacks are wearing the beast down, but slowly. Relic moves around the pool, misjudging the reach of the creature and gets swatted for his troubles. The tentacles of seaweed continue to squeeze Frost, crushing her with their abnormal strength. The blob rolls, dragging Frost under the water in an attempt to drown her.
[sblock=Combat round 6]
Only -2 to AC from grappled condition. Resist Cold 10 also blocking some damage.

54/87 ~ AC 18 ~ Daylily ~ unaffected, fatigued 2 rounds,
46/59 ~ AC 14 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 6.0 hrs,
87/87 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~ Abundant Ammo active,
65/90 ~ AC 22 ~ Shadow ~ amulet active, affected, move DC 25 push needed each round
36/104 ~ AC 27-2 ~ Frost ~ Grappled, Submerged

.-8/105 ~ AC 26 ~ Advanced Chuul North Unconscious
-41/105 ~ AC 26 ~ Advanced Chuul South DEAD DEAD
6/123 ~ AC 24 ~ Sargassum Fiend, Reach AoO on Relic (1d20+16-2=17) hits for damage (2d8+7=13), maintain grapple (1d20+30=50) succeeds Constrict damage on Frost (2d8+10=20), move Frost under water (1d20+17=32)
[/sblock][sblock=map]
island75.png
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Frost ignores the water closing over her head, focusing her rage on the seaweed beast in her grasp. Her totem spirits follow her down and slam into the fiend, and she sinks claws into the creature for a better grip (OOC: fluff for missed claw attacks and critical bite) and pulls it to her teeth. She sinks her teeth into the leafy mass and rips out a huge chunk, feeling it finally perish in her grasp. Tearing herself free, Frost bursts to the surface of the pond, drawing a great gasp of air.

[sblock=Actions]
53 more should do it in . . .[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 76/94
CMB: +12 CMD: 26
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
AC: 23 (10 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 56/124
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 125/129
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 100/104
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 05/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 02/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 5/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 6/6 per Day)
( 3rd Level: 2/3 per Day )
Cantrips : Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
3rd Level: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Frost stands back up, chest deep in a soup of her own creation. She is the only thing left in the water that is moving. Shadow gets a whiff of something close to spinach soup as the sea wolf disappears. He is quite disappointed he did not to get to have some fun.

[sblock=ooc]Yep, that finished it off. Aradra levels to 10th.

/87 ~ AC 18 ~ Daylily ~
46/59 ~ AC 14 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 5.8 hrs,
87/87 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~ Abundant Ammo active,
65/90 ~ AC 22 ~ Shadow ~ amulet active,
36/104 ~ AC 27-2 ~ Frost ~
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Frost sags in weariness, allowing her rage to pass as the fiend is rendered into its component parts. The blood in the water is as much hers as it is the Chuul's and the seaweed creature's, and she realizes as she drags herself from the pool that she's about to pass out from its loss. She quickly reaches out for Hafísbíta's hilt and pulls the sword over to her and wipes the Chuul blood from the long blade. {{My gratitude once more, Honored Ancestor . . . without your aid I'd not have lived through that one. Apologies for abandoning you to the ground, but I could not bring you to bear properly once the beast got it's claws into me.}}

OOC: Good fight! Just about did her in (she's at 6 of 94 HP).

[sblock=Actions]
  • Free: Drop Rage/Claws, Gain Fatigued Condition (5 Rounds)
  • Move: Climb out of pool, sit wearily beside the carnage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 06/94
CMB: +12 CMD: 26
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
AC: 23 (10 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 36/124
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/119
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 06/94
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 05/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 02/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 5/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 6/6 per Day)
( 3rd Level: 2/3 per Day )
Cantrips : Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
3rd Level: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Seeing his longer time companion with pools of blood dripping down her, Aradra hops down to the lower level (Taking 10 on it for a total of 15) and reaches into his pouch for his wand of healing. "Here" is all he says, as he begins pouring the energy of the wand into Kalinn. Once completed, Aradra moves over to Shadow and repeats the process, but finished much quicker as the wolf's wounds were not as bad as Kalinn.
[sblock=Actions]
Healing Kalinn: 17 Charges used
CLW: 6 charges: 29 1d8+1=3, 1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=5, 1d8+1=4, 1d8+1=3
6 more: 6d8+6=35
Then 5 more: 5d8+5=26

Healing Shadow: 4 charges used
3 charges:
3d8+3=21
1 more:
1d8+1=6

[/sblock]
[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 21 (15 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 96/96
CMB: +12 CMD: 28
Fort: +9 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
Perception: +15
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow +18/+13 1d8+ 3 or +13/+13/+8 1d8+9 1st hit deals double
Current Item in Right Hand Sheath: Wand of Abundent Ammo (42/50)
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim; Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots

Used Items: 8 charges of Abundent Ammo. 25 charges of CLW, AntiVenom, 4 Arrows

Adaptation: 80/80 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth)
Level 1 Spells:Delay Poison, Gravity Bow, Abundant Ammunition
Level 2 Spells: Perceive Clues, Barkskin (+3)
Extend Rod: 0/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: AVAILABLE
[/sblock]
[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 11 touch) (-1 DEX from AC +1 NA bonus)
HP: 101/101
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (31 vs Trip)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+12/+5 1d8 + 16 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent; Lunge;
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily picks at the seaweed salad. "It is not the wet food that makes the bad face magics, yes?" He experimentally tastes a bit of greenery from the creature, and shrugs non-committally. "Eyeh, is much salty. Is good for seasonings of soups and maybe with meats, but I am think this is a bit much for eating by itselfs." This, of course, doesn't stop him from taking a double handful to snack on as he starts freeing the remaining Trickster Spawn.

Satin Knights

First Post
Touching Frost with the wand, she seems to also be touched by the gods, for her wounds heal faster than others that the wand has been used upon. Daylily wanders off again ahead of the rest and makes his way around to free the trapped wisp. "Bloody ugly you are." is the first thing heard from it in centuries.

[sblock=Status]Frost heals faster than expected with the wand healing, and only needs 10 charges used instead of 17. She was also not down that far. I hadn't bumped the HP into the rage category, and Mowgli hasn't updated the mini-stat block to her new totals. I believe she is at 104 HP without raging.
Shadow only healed normally. So, 14 total charges used from Aradra's wand.

Good fight: I had to put in something better than the 8 skum guards that were supposed to guard the entrance to chapter 3. TXP has carried this party far outside of the bounds of expectation for the module. So, I am winging a lot of this, while trying to keep in the style. It takes time to find critters that are appropriate to an abandoned island with little food.

If i have counted up right, with the new one, that leaves 6 wisps waiting for questions. Since they feed on fear, and you express absolutely none, they are getting a little bored with you, but are bound by the conditions of their release. Above ground you have a few things left, but they are essentially optional. Below ground is the next chapter with the ancient evil prisoner.

/87 ~ AC 18 ~ Daylily ~
46/59 ~ AC 14 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 5.7 hrs,
96/96 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~
101/101 ~ AC 22 ~ Shadow ~ amulet active
104/104 ~ AC 27~ Frost ~
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Kalinn's still carrying 2 points of CON damage - that's why she's got 94 rather than 104 HP total.

Kalinn rises and thanks her old friend gravely for his help. She rummages around in her pack for a moment, pulling out several potion bottles and offering them to Aradra. "My thanks, Aradra. I'd have used these myself, but was waiting to get a little of my energy back. Please take them in return for the use of your magic for my benefit."

OOC: Offering 5 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds.

Last edited:

Remove ads