[Adventure]: Turning the Tide (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Rapida

First Post
Ignus awakes with a startled cough and obviously shivering, "C-c-c-colddd-iz-not-c-coo-ol." Ignus starts vigorously rubbing his clawed hands on his arms. "F-ff-f-ire?"
[sblock=Stats]
Ignus – Male Kobold Monk 1
PC:Ignus Ironbrand (Rapida) - L4W Wiki

Initiative: +4, Speed: 6 Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11

AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 15, Will: 12

HP: 7/28, Bloodied: 14 , Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 4/10

Action Points: 0

OA Basic Melee Attack: +5 Melee Basic Attack (Monk Unarmed Strike) 1d8+2 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Crane's Wings, Steel Wind, Shifty

Encounter Powers: Stinging Nettles, Shadow Step, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Lashing Rain
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Ignus stands, still shaking from the cold, but alive and well after receiving aide from Eva. As the cold fades away a strange silence fills the room. This doesn't last long as a group of people appear from outside. You estimate from the crowd that there are about 20 to 30 people, many who carry touches. One of comes forth from the group and walks tentatively into the room and surveys the area, noticing the corpses of the undead and the corpse of the necromancy. His gaze stays on the corpse for a long time. A smile appears on his lips. He turns to you. On behalf of all of us, I want to thank you for putting an end to this evil.

GM: Well done Heroes :) Treasure and XP coming soon :)

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"Um, hi!" Merri offers.

"Well, uh, let me introduce you to the heroes. This is Eva the Mage, Graven the Protector and Ignus the Brave. We would be dead without him. Oh, and I'm Merri. You threw me down the pit."

dimsdale

First Post
"Um, hi!" Merri offers.

"Well, uh, let me introduce you to the heroes. This is Eva the Mage, Graven the Protector and Ignus the Brave. We would be dead without him. Oh, and I'm Merri. You threw me down the pit."

The man looks at Merri with sorrow in his eyes. Yes, and I'm afraid there were many others that met the same fate. He pauses for a few seconds as if he is reflecting on a painful memory. In addition to what he did to you, he did the same with members of our village, not throwing them in the pit, but what you see here <pointing to the man on the slab, now dead from the cold> Saxon killed twenty or our village...including my brother. There is no telling the death toll from other villages nearby. All the while, we sat there like cowards, not lifting a finger of resistance to his wicked ways in fear that he would kill us on the spot. In reality, he was killing us anyway. I can see that clearly now. Fear blinds us all. He takes a deep breath. It is rumored that he has a vast amount of treasure which he keeps upstairs. If it is true, please...please take anything you find useful to you. Word will spread quickly of what you have done. Thank you. With that, the man turns and heads out the doorway. The others follow in turn.

VanderLegion

First Post
Graven turns toward the staircase leading upstairs and groans back into motion as the villagers leave, wanting to see what treasures he can find before taking a much needed rest.

dimsdale

First Post
Graven turns toward the staircase leading upstairs and groans back into motion as the villagers leave, wanting to see what treasures he can find before taking a much needed rest.

As Graven enters the circular room, he smiles as the words of the man were true. The others follow as well. Along the circumference of the room are well crafted weaponry and armor hung as trophies to admire. There a chest, filled to the top with gold coins and gems. On a table next to the bed is stack of books of necromancy and other arcane arts. There are papers arranged neatly in a pile. Upon closer inspection, the writing appears to be in some sort of code.

GM: I don't want to hand out items (which each of you will get :) ) until I've figured out total XP and time gold...coming soon.

[sblock=intelligence 15 or higher to read the coded message]

Saxon,

All is going well I take it. Be ready with your army.
You will attack the city of Daunton at the same time
as my forces arrive. We will take them on two fronts.
When I take what is rightfully mine, the rest is yours
to do as you wish. If you fail me, I will kill you.
I will send a messenger soon. Be ready.

[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Ignus strides over to the pile of papers and picks one up at random, "Hmm, yep 'dis ain't makin' no cents to me, " he then turns his attention to something that makes literal cents prodding at the gold, "But I do likes 'dese."

VanderLegion

First Post
Graven picks up the top sheet from the stack of papers and is silent for a few moments as he works out the code in his head. "It's a message to Saxon. There's an army on it's way to attack Daunton, Saxon was supposed to attack it at the same time to hit the city from two directions at once. A messenger will be coming to inform him when the time has come to attack."

dimsdale

First Post
GM: It is done. XP and Time Gold have been computed in a spreadsheet. The only character that I know the level is Ignus (Lvl 1). I've designed the spreadsheet to include XP and time gold for lvl 1 through 5. Find your level and add your gold and xp to your CS. Let me know if you level. At that point I'll determine what treasure you get in terms of magic items. Everyone is going to get one item. Eva gets two because she hasn't received her first I don't think. I don't like searching CS's for wishlist. PM me a list of any n+1 item or less that you'd like to have. Eva gets an n+2 in addition to the n+1. Remember to level first before choosing. :)

ooc: XP and Time Gold Spreadsheet

Remove ads