[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

treex

First Post
Themes stays on deck to help out the crew. At first, there was only small idle chatter, but soon Themes decided to try and get the crew to sing a sea shanty.

"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest...c'mon, me hearties!" he calls out. "FIFTEEN MEN ON A DEAD MAN'S CHEST!"

[sblock=OOC]Not sure if this would warrant a roll, and if so, I'm not sure what...[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Rain finds herself watching the dolphins by the rail, a smile on her face. She's careful to keep one hand on the ship as she does so, though.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat hasn't been on a ship in years, but the sea air floods his mind with memories of that last voyage. He was traveling with his Father to visit the temple to Joven in Daunton. He remembers standing on deck, leaning over the rail to watch the dolphins frolic in the sunset. He remember lying on his back, watching the shapes in the clouds... He remembers sleeping that way too, because his father was much too "engaged" with the two ladies he had brought aboard with him to allow Wat any time in the berth.

Wat felt his stomach turn. He quickly expelled the memories from his mind but already his visage had turned a pale green. Suddenly he was ready to be back on dry land.

jbear

First Post
As Themes attempts to start a sea shanty which does anything but match the ethereal music of the Dolphin and Sabynha he finds he is shussed from all sides amidst a rather popular muttering of comments like: "Quiet, I can't hear the Dolphin Caller, by Netari's scaly balls!"

Below deck the mongrel faced cook looks at where Kaartus is pointing and then back to him. He shrugs and says: "Rum ain't free." He points over at a bag of potatoes. "You want to keep me and the bottle company, then ye'll not sit idle. There be the taties. And there be the cutters."

His face grimaces in a way that makes him even uglier than before. Kaartus gets the feeling it was meant as a smile.

[sblock=Moving things along] I'll just give Wat and Rain a chance to join in or add anything they like before jumping the action ahead. In the mean time ...

[MENTION=90924]LordGraz'zt[/MENTION] a 2 is never a great roll, but with +9 diplomacy for a total of 11, you're only 1 shy of hitting a moderate DC check. Not enough to win him over outright, but good enough to get food and rum if you peel the potatoes! :D

[MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION] Hehe, no roll needed. The bard seems to have stolen your thunder as the boat's resident lucky charm, having called up dolphins to accompany you on the trip. Flute and wind pipe plus chirruping dolphins plus sea shanty ... hehehe.

Edit: Talk about speaking of the devil!! I posted and a post from both of them appeared before mine! All right, must be a sign to move on!
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
The sun has begun to sink towards the horizon as your journey nears its end. The trip has been blessedly uneventful, the wind blowing favourably all the way. The food served by a rather unfortunate looking cook later in the day was excellent. However the odd flash of lightning and dark clouds in the far distance indicate a storm may be brewing. According to the crew you ought to arrive at the port of Elestial within two hours.

A brisk wind fills the sails and moves the ship at a good speed towards your destination across a calm sea. You can see the forest covered island clearly now. A pair of merchant junks sail lazily towards you heading in the direction of Bloodstone.

GM: Please make either an active perception, insight or streetwise check with a description of what your PC is doing.

LordGraz'zt

First Post
Staggering slightly from the rum, the shade makes his way on deck.

Noticing the oncoming junks, he racks his brain for any rumors regarding pirate activity he overheard in the taverns during his recent stay in Sybar....

[sblock=Streetwise]Streetwise 8+4 = 12[/sblock]

treex

First Post
Themes examines the ships coming towards them, curious if they have had any modifications, a sign of pirates. Lowered forecastles and lengthened booms were telltale signs of piracy, as they gave better maneuverability.

"Hmm, I can't quite tell..." he muttered to himself.

[sblock=Perception 19]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3517334/[/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
When the Dolphin Caller pauses for a breath between "songs," she stops to ponder on the merchant junks, and the storm clouds overhead. Vistani are a superstitious lot, and the sight of black clouds on the horizon never bode well.

[sblock=insight]Not likely to get much out of a 12.

Also, the Dolphin Caller bit made me smile :)[/sblock]

Daeja

Explorer
Having enjoyed the trip so far, Zuri finds herself standing near the railing, with an eye to lightning show off in the distance. She hopes that with some luck they'll reach land before the storm becomes an issue. She wonders if the merchant vessels will continue through it or if they'll be able to steer clear.

With my luck, Zuri thinks, they're pirates and we're going to be attacked. And then we'll end up limping into harbour while a storm rages all around us. And Sabynha will lose the writ in the rain. And.... She shakes herself slightly to pull it together. No nautical expert, she ignores the ships to look to the crew, Captain and her companions for signs from them that her active imagination may be on to something.

[sblock="Insight"]Insight: 1d20 → [17] = (17) [/sblock]

Remove ads