[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

jbear

First Post
[sblock=GM] You can have three targets on Thunder of Judgement, one could be the boat itself. How far is the Push on Thunder of Judgement. If it was 4 or more, yes, pushing a captain overboard is a possibility.

Divine Bolts vs boats: Not seeing it capable of damaging the boat significantly. You'll have to use that against crew.

Can you swim to a boat: You can try. I can't see how you would grab the boat and climb on though. But you can try. Once past you ... well they are much faster than you can swim.

Racial Power past the crew: Yes, I think that would be cinematic and cool enough to by pass the crew and get directly to your target.

My suggestion seeing lack of engagement and many questions: Talk tactics in the OOC thread and come up with a plan as a group. You can also throw out any special questions like those above there as well. [/sblock]

LordGraz'zt

First Post
Eyeing the oncoming ships, Kartuus makes his way below decks, a mischievous gleam in his eye.

He had seen the strange contraptions the crew called "cannons" and was eager to see them put to work.

[sblock=Surprise]Kartuus will use his action to go below deck and man a cannon.[/sblock]

Daeja

Explorer
Unsure of how she could be most useful on the ship, Zuri moves up to where the captain stands, offering her assistance.

[sblock=Surprise]Zuri uses her action to get into position to aid with aligning the Dolphin for a ramming effort[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat decides that he would be more helpful above deck where he can help guide the ship while waiting for the opportunity to rain down Joven's Wrath upon the pirates.

"Captain! I know you didn't hire on to engage pirates in a naval battle, and perhaps you could outrun them, but then what? Then they are left free to continue to loot and kill right under the nose of the Count! Can we allow that to happen? I SAY NO! So rally your men! To the sails, to the cannons! Prepare to fight... FOR THE HONOR OF COUNT VARIS!"

Wat moves to man one of the sails. He says a quick prayer to Joven.

"Sky Father fill these sails with your divine breath..."

Wat conjures an Astral Wind and directs it into the main sail, pushing the Dolphin even harder. He just hopes he has the endurance to keep it up long enough.

[sblock=Surprise Round]Standard: Inspiring Speech
Diplomacy (1d20+10=19)[/sblock]

[sblock=Round 1]Move: To the sails.
Minor: A Prayer for Favorable Winds.
Religion (1d20+7=14)
Standard: Aid Maneuvers (Endurance)
Endurance (1d20+6=19)[/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha has never been in a battle like this before, and this ship is very different from the Vistani houseboats and junks that she is used to, but she offers her assistance, such as it is, to anyone who needs it.

[sblock=Surprise Round]Activate Cautionary Tale
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, Sabynha's skald aura (aura 5) gains the following effect: Allies in the aura do not grant combat advantage while flanked. In addition, once before the end of the encounter, one of your allies in the aura can deal 2d10 extra damage on any one attack that hits an enemy.

My intention is to use the damage bump of this power if we ram or fire cannons at enemy junks.[/sblock]
[sblock=Round 1]Minor: Gird for battle (equip buckler & draw a dagger)
Move: get into position to aid the Captain for any manoeuvres. I'm trying to still keep as many as possible within my aura.
Standard: Thievery to aid the Captain; Sabynha suggests a deceptive manoeuvre. 1d20+6=9 - whatever it was she suggested, it didn't work. [/sblock]

LordGraz'zt

First Post

Daeja

Explorer
OOC: In the interests of not holding us up with my first round action... hopefully this jives with how the DM intended this would work.

Zuri stood out of the way as she watched the Captain man the steering wheel, cussing as he brought her into position to ram the junk.

The First Mate moved in beside the Captain, offering a quick word about wind and currents and then his own strong arm to tweak the angle at which the ship would strike.

When both men looked grimly pleased, Zuri felt a bit more confident about their odds....

[sblock="First Round"]Move action = Captain, Nature check for aligning the ship to ram Junk 1 1d20+8 → [15,8] = (23)

**This part I'm not sure if is legal but if it is, then:** Standard action (converted to move) = First Mate, athletics check to aid alignment to ram Junk 1 1d20+8 → [12,8] = (20)

[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Kaartus disappears below decks as Wat gives a stirring speech that raises a cheer from the crew and a hearty belly laugh from Captain Peg. "Aye, laddie, let's show these scallywags what happens when ye step on Crystal toes! We'll show them what a dolphin's nose can do to the soft side of a shark!"

Sabynha takes up a position in the middle of the ship , ready for battle, giving out words of clear and critical advice that has the crew working with a purpose before taking up a spot behind the Captain, offering advice over his left shoulder. Zuri takes up a spot behind his right shoulder. Bilge, the first mate also takes up a spot, standing directly behind Peg. As Sabynha begins to offer some rather questionable and distracting advice the Captain suddenly roars like a bull: "Bilge! Stop playing the barnacle on my backside and put yer fat hands to work, ye huggermugger! Let's catch the lift! And god's teeth lady... will ye climb out of me ear, I'm tring to sail!"

Bilge's reaction is instant, as he leaps across the deck and begins adjusting the riggings and the sails and ordering the crew around him to lend a hand. Zuri takes a nervous step back trying not to annoy Captain Peg any further.

Below deck Kaartus mans one of the cannons, moving it into perfect line with one of the approaching junks. He spurs the sailor manning the cannon with him to fire who nods vigorously: "Just a little closer, a little closer" he mutters, eyes gleaming.

Peg grins as Wat's prayer fills the sails with a gust of wind that brings the Dolphin speeding past the two approaching boats on the right line to out flank one of them.

[sblock=Mechanics Summary] Wat:
Inspiring Speech: Crew receive a +1 morale bonus this round for their actions
Astral Wind maintained with Endurance: Captain receives +1 bonus to Nature roll plus 1 more for cool use of an At Will power for a total of +2
Favourable Winds: Fail: Junks are not forced to reroll nature checks.

Sabynha:
Moves up behind the Helm
Daily Power Cautionary Tale: The aura can be used by anybody aboard the ship that Sabynha is upon as any time (no matter where exactly Sabynha is on the ship).
Thievery to Aid Captain's Nature check: Fail

Kaartus:
Mans a cannon.
Aim Cannon: Successful
Aid Other: Diplomacy: Use Crew member to fire: Success: +2 bonus to next cannon attack roll
The Cannon is still a Standard action to fire whoever does it

Zuri:
Moves up behind the helm
Move action: Uses the First Mate to aid Alignment: Athletics: Success
Move action: Uses Captain Peg to Align the Dolphin: 23 (+1 morale bonus (Sabynha) +2 Endurance +1 Athletics) for a total of 27 vs REF 14

Overall Progress Round 1
Alignment: 1/3 Successes
Bonus: The Dolphin will now do +1 hit when it rams the junk

Cannon 1: Manned and Aimed with a +2 bonus to hit (+3 if used this round)

Just waiting for [MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION] to use Themes
and Neil1889 to use Rain.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Rain followed Kartuus below deck with a heartfelt sigh. Her experiences with sailing ships had been topside, but there seemed to be enough people to help out there.

[sblock=Surprise]Rain will use her action to go follow Kartuus below deck.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Shall I fire the gun or use the Captain again, folks? Feel free to step in and have Rain help out where you want; I'll be at work until 6.30pm British Summer Time (GMT+1), but I'll look in at lunch. [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock] The Captain can only be used 1/round, so the Gun seems like a good option as you have a +3 bonus this round. Sorry, missed that Rain had not acted either. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases