[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
Rain regarded the junks with a curious eye, considering the vessels' lines and the set-up of their rigging.

Once she'd been taught a few things about such vessels whilst aboard one of family ships. Rain tried to remember how shipwrights in different regions built their vessels differently from one area to another, but that lesson had been back when she was a small child. Perhaps time had dimmed the memory or these vessels were from somewhere not included in the lesson.

Rain sighed and looked towards the land.

[sblock="Streetwise"] Total: 8 [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Insight DC 12: Zuri and Sabynha] The merchant junks actually changed tack when they sighted you. Now they head straight towards you, not Bloodstone Island. [/sblock]

[sblock=Streetwise DC 12: Kaartus] The junks bear the symbol of a white crane, indicating they are from a merchant group from the Jade Kingdoms who trade in precious stones and minerals. [/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC 19: Themes] Several sailors on one of the junk is standing on the bow waving towards the ship. Upon both of the junks you catch the flash of metal amongst the sailors. Many of them are well armed.

Also: Both junks have indeed been modified. Though they move slowly you can tell both ships would be capable of moving deceptively fast.

Lastly, Theme's realises that the clouds on the far horizon are actually smoke and the horizon itself is tinged with orange, but the sun is not yet setting. [/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"Those merchants have changed course to meet us... why would they do that?" Sabynha says to whomever is near. Everyone else seemed nervous, and that made her nervous, too. Sensing the tension, she puts her flute away for the time being and began idly handling the pommels of her blades.

[sblock=multiple skills question]In a case like the last situation, @jbear , should or could I have made multiple checks? I am trained in two of the three, but I don't want to step on toes :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Daeja

Explorer
"Those merchants have changed course to meet us... why would they do that?" Sabynha says to whomever is near. Everyone else seemed nervous, and that made her nervous, too. Sensing the tension, she puts her flute away for the time being.

Zuri responds quietly, barely audible over the general noises of the ship, "Do you think they're worried about the storm?" She tried to imagine how safety in numbers might work with ships when theirs were obviously so much slower than their vessel.

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Multiple checks] In this particular case I preferred each to make a single roll of choice. Now that each one of you has spotted something (or not) feel free to make multiple rolls of any skill you think warrants investigating along the lines of whatever your PC has noticed (or is informed of by the other members of the party.) [/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"Zuri, my people haf lived on boats for a long time, and if za sea turns against you, za last thing a seasoned sailor wants iis to be close to other boats." Sabynha sounded truly worried now. "Pirates leave us Vistani alone because we haf nossing of value. We do not fly Vistani colours on zis boat."

Sabynha moves over to the railing to have a better look at the approaching vessels.

[sblock=accent & checks]I'm experimenting here with a cheesy text-interpretation of an eastern-European accent. If it makes my posts hard to understand and/or read, let me know and I'll knock it off.

Perception: 1d20+5=12
Streetwise: 1d20+9=24[/sblock]

"Those are gem-traders; Surely they don't mean to attack us!" Sabynha recognized the merchant flags, but has little experience with pirates or pirate tactics, having never been a victim of it herself.

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Perception DC 12: Sabynha] Sabynha also notices the man waving towards your boat from one of the junks. [/sblock]

[sblock=Streetwise DC 19: Sabynha] The symbol on the sail of the crane is reversed. You have heard of an influential group of Yakuza from the Jade Kingdoms who do such a thing to signal to raiders and pirates which ships are to be left alone. [/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha will share what she knows with anyone who will listen, and does so whether they are listening or not. She will observe the behaviour of the crew of the Singing Dolphin; do they pretend not to know what's going on, then draw steel at the last minute, or are they girding for war now? She follows suit.

[sblock]Also, I don't want to be a thread-hog![/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
As the warnings are raised, Wat tries to find a good place to take cover on the ship. After doing so he does the only thing he knows how to do in this situation... pray.

As he prays to Joven, dark storm clouds begin to gather overhead...

OOC: Wat is preparing for a fight, ready to unleash his holy lightning on the pirates.

Daeja

Explorer
As Sabynha relays the information, Zuri gives up hope that perhaps the 'gem-traders' are simply trying to make a sale while out at sea. While curious about the skills of her companions, she regrets that their first test together is going to be at sea. She makes sure everyone is present and accounted for - if it appears any of the group are below decks, Zuri now moves to shout down at them that they're required topside.

[sblock] I say hog away ;) I fully expect that the action will just be heating up as I have to disappear for some sleep. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases