If WotC deliver on all their promises...

If WotC deliver on all their promises, would you adopt 5e as your D&D of preference?

Probably not, but I would buy it none the less.

My current version of D&D is a big ol' mix of d20 stuff. Pathfinder base rules, Arcana Unearthed races and classes, and a lot of later 3.5 WotC rules, Psionics, and some standard 3rd Party 3.x and PF elements. I also have some things I adapted from D20 Modern, Star Wars, 1st and 4E in there.

I've taken the bits of various rules (all d20) and took all the pieces I like and made, for me, the perfect D&D game. I play, the wife GMs me solo. And D&D is our secondary system - we play it together, not with a group.

However the wife dislikes heavier mechanics in favor of story, flavor and such. She kept a OD&D/1st AD&D kind of playstyle. Player knowledge and cleverness is much more important than anything on the character sheet.

Right now we are learning a Fate system for her to play to better fit her style, and D&DN would be perfect for her playstyle - so I would buy it, and use it to GM her adventures solo. And any ideas I really liked, I would adapt to my witch's brew game. :)

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
So long as Hasbro is calling any shots, I'm done with it.
If two years after its release and the people whose opinions i trust say it's an amazing game, then I might look into it.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Sure, if they can do the impossible, they deserve to sell some books.

But, they'll need some orbital mind control lasers or divine intervention or something to pull it off.

Incenjucar

Legend
So far their promises include things that I don't want to touch, so no.

I will applaud their dedication to their goal and gain new respect for their talent and then not buy anything from them. Sometimes a product and a customer must simply part ways. It remains to be seen what their goals will be after the playtest. I'll give it a fair shake during the playtest, and give it a look after release, but they'll need to make different promises for me to want them fulfilled.

That said, even if they do change it to my liking, I don't trust WotC after the speed of which they cancelled 4E, so I will be unable to be confident of my purchases. They have lost the faith required for heavy investment in their products.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases