If WotC deliver on all their promises...

If WotC deliver on all their promises, would you adopt 5e as your D&D of preference?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
...would you adopt 5e in place of your current choice of D&D (or D&Desque, aka C&C, Pathfinder, etc.)?

For this discussion to work, you have to assume that everything they've said so far about D&DN, they actually manage to deliver and deliver it well. Please don't niggle about minor points or details as that is not in the spirit of the question. It's a hypothetical asked in order to gauge whether or not the promises that WotC are making are even worth making in the first place.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
For me, yes. But I don't make my gameplay choices in a vacuum. In the end it seems like the people I play with tend to have much stronger reactions to the system than I do.

Right now I'm playing in two different 3.5 games, I've played and enjoyed 4e in the past, some of the other players enjoy Pathfinder, some miss 2e. I guess my hope is that DDN will deliver on its promise to be a unifying edition not for my sake, but so that everyone at the table can get behind one single game.

If the statement were true, it would mean that they delivered a game that is as-or-more-fun than PF, easier to run, liked by my players, and well-supported. So of course I'd switch.

I don't really think it'll be that easy.

Daztur

Adventurer
I don't really have a go-to D&D game at the moment since none quite scratch the itch of "2.5ed like Castles & Crusades but all of the details implemented differently and no SIEGE system thank you very much." The closest would probably be ACKS but it doesn't *quite* hit what I want. I think there are a good number of other D&D players in my position who don't have any one edition that is *precisely* the perfect blend of D&D for them. I'm willing to give 5ed a shot (have already scheduled a playtest game with my home crew) and I'll probably stick with it as long as it doesn't annoy me, in which case its ACKS or Blood and Treasure (which looks awesome and should be out soon, John Starter is insanely hardworking and productive) for me.

I voted yes, but that's provided that they produce "advanced" modules for a much more detailed gaming experience (a healthy step upward from 3.x/4e and PF). Failing that, I would still purchase all the books and we'd start up a campaign but not at the expense of the 3.x, PF, 4e and Traveller ones we have going currently. In all likelyhood, it's going to get thrown into the mix.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Remove ads