The Pumpkin Pie Spice RPG Contest Discussion Thread

How do you feel about pumpkin spice?

• Yes please.

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • No thank you.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • It's a seasonal treat. Why all the fuss?

Votes: 14 38.9%

Malort's reputation is partly due to the fact that it's not just bad, it's weird. I've had bad gin or whisky before that were truly disgusting, but it's an easily identifiable disgusting. Even after having Malort multiple times, I still get a weird "What did I just drink?" reaction.

And if you drink a lot of it... We'll just say that belches can be toxic, and the next morning can be worse.
It does have a taste that is hard to pin down. It's dry and herbal, but not necessarily as complex as other herbal liquors.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
While both Malort and Fernet-Branca have intense, aggressive flavors, I don't count them in the same wheelhouse. I'd say Malort is closer to Campari or even Absinthe, but tasting notes do tend to be fairly individualized.

I would agree, except that I drink Campari and Absinthe, but believe that Malört is an abomination of the natural world, whose taste slithers down your gullet and dances in spiteful shivers in your stomach, only to be expelled as an intense rebellion of relief when your brain senses that this monstrosity is within you.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Well, I did some serious editing and managed to slap everything (minus the random generator tables, sadly) into an actual 1-page-RPG. Very, very simplistic formatting at this point, will probably take some time at some point to format it more professionally and try to squeeze at least the Boy Band generators on the page. For now, though, it's rather... dare I say it, basic?

Introducing: Pumpkin Spice Season - Basic Edition

Attachments

• Pumpkin Spice Season - Basic Edition.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 70

Yalım

Explorer
Life went VERY hectic the last couple of weeks, but I promised @CleverNickName that I would purchase a PSL in honor of getting 2nd place. And I have finally done it. Behold the first pumpkin spice latte I have ever bought!

This contest was so much fun. Thank you for coordinating it @CleverNickName!

Attachments

• 20231017_131326.jpg
    20231017_131326.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 30

Remove ads