HM's Age of Worms - IC

Cromm10k

First Post
Torgak

"A ghoul? I did not expect the vile undead in this place. May St. Cuthbert let us previal!

Anyway, I'm with Haakon on this, they would have swarmed us if there were more of them. So let's get moving again. To the door on the right?"

Torgak goes back to the stairs, ready to take the lead in the dark and cold waters.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Alterius recoils at the realization that the creature is a ghoul. The elves of Celene abhor such monstrosities and it is clear he shares their views. "We must burn the corpse. Such a foul thing can not be allowed to remain in this state. I see no reason to hurry back into the water. The underwater passage clearly isn't going anywhere and this creature has obviously been there a very long time. I will carry it outside and construct a simple pyre. The proper rites must be observed or the soul may be forever trapped in the Astral. I would welcome assistance. Of course I will be glad to carry on with this matter once the corpse is properly destroyed."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Zeke says, "If we do decide to stop to burn the corpse, I will insist on burying the dead we found in the insect hive, and giving them the proper rights. There is no reason why we should allow more of the dead to become restless."

Cromm10k

First Post
Torgak

"If Zeke deems it necessary to bury the corpses then I will help. We will put them to enternal rest and then proceed with our search of the lantern."

Torgak dons his armor and gets ready to drag the ghoul to the outside.

Shayuri

First Post
Aria swallows nervously...for some reason the talk of trapped souls and burning corpses is very uncomfortable for her, and even though she's all for it, she feels compelled to point out problems with it.

"It's going to take that ghoul a really long time to burn," she points out, carefully not looking at the bloated, discolored thing. "It's completely waterlogged. And unless you guys brought shovels, digging a bunch of graves will also take a long time. It just seems to me that...well...they're not going anywhere now. Would it be so bad to take care of that on our way back to town?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"I do not know about you, but as I have already pointed out, the dungeon is not going anywhere either," Alterius replies. "Add enough fuel to the fire and the water will dry out quickly. I am much concerned for the state of the dead. This soul has been tortured long enough and deserves final rest. And I do not have a shovel with me, but I believe an above-ground burial by means of stones will suffice. The Oerth Mother shall claim the flesh in due time. What matters is that their final rites are performed."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Haakon rubs his chin as he looks at the body. "Well there are enough of us to do both. This place has been one big paper doll so far. I think the room to the east is probably just as small as that room to the west was. And the door probably leads to another room, so we should check them quickly."

He checks his sword for nicks and then continues. "While me, Torgak, and Zeke look into those two areas the rest of you can get this corpse tied up so we can lift it up the hole. We won't be long we'll need to come back for air."

DM spoiler:: this dungeon level is done so how about getting the last two areas explored quickly?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Very well then. A quick search. But if we do not discover the lantern we find quickly, I maintain that our priority should be to perform last rites for these bodies."

Alterius lights up his dagger with a spark from a snap of his fingers and then heaves in a great breath before diving into the water again to search the passage to the right.

ghostcat

First Post
Galyne keeps quite and waits to see what everyone else is doing. If everyone enters the water or a count of 100 passes without the swimmers resurfacing, Galyne will follow.

Remove ads