Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Giantslayer

Scotley

Hero
View attachment 68828

"That tug of war was thirsty work I suppose, so a drink is in order, but I'm not tired yet. After we get a drink I'd like to dance."
notes Lily. She spins and capers in the air, "How does that sound to you? I bet if we just follow the noise we can find a drink and a dance and if we follow our noes a bit of food for Alguhn."

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Lily
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: -2 CMD: 13

Fort: 0 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells memorized: Cantrips (unlimited) (DC14)--Light, Prestidigitation, Acid Splash, Mage Hand
Level 1 (3x day)(DC15)--Color Spray, Mage Armor

Spell-like abilities (1/day @ character level) - comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic
Arcane Reservoir 3/4
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

You have no trouble finding food, drink and dancing. The main thing seems to be the drinking. Kurst and Rodrik Grath approach you later in the evening. "Well!", states Kurst, "Congratulations on helping our newest adult win her first contest. We are both impressed, right brother." He turns to Rodrik. For his part Rodrik merely smiles and nods. His more boisterous brother continues. "Thom!? Lily!? I hope you can talk the these two into joining the militia. They would be valuable assets for sure. Especially this big fella'." He offers a hand to Alguhn. "Kurst Grath! Oh and this is my brother Rodrik." Rodrik offers his hand as well with a wordless nod...

Kaodi

Hero
The big man extends his own meaty paw to clasp the brothers' hands and shake in turn. "Alguhn Snarr. 'Tis a pleasure," he answers warmly. "I do not know if I will be staying in these parts long enough to warrant formally joining your organized militia. But these are rough parts and while I am here I am more than willing to lend my sword arm in defence of Trunau."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
View attachment 68828

Lily drinks only a tiny bit and eats even less. She is enthralled with the music and dance. Once they are talking with the Grath brothers she does as requested.

"Oh Alguhn you really must join. I don't believe you need commit to any length of service..."
Lily looks to Kurst for confirmation of this. "And you as well Caitlin. No offense to the big guy, but there is something to be said for magic." She emphasizes this by raining colorful balls of light on the woman using a simple prestidigitation cantrip.

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Lily

Spells memorized: Cantrips (unlimited) (DC14)--Light, Prestidigitation, Acid Splash, Mage Hand

Spell-like abilities (1/day @ character level) - comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic
Arcane Reservoir 3/4
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Caitlin Faragone, Lesser Aasimar Oracle

SierraAvatar_zps241e3c9d.jpg

“Tis is a pleasure to meet you. I am Caitlin Faragone.”

Caitlin looked around at the display of magic. She was not one to usually display her own so spells so frivolously, yet the wine and ale had been flowing freely and she was a bit inebriated already. She cast a spell of her own and it hoisted her goblet of wine for her and she was able to move it through the air at will.

“I am able to use some magic too... though this is but a mere trick. However, I am healer as well. I do not mind aiding the defense of the town should the call come out. I would even join the militia for some wage if my stay here is long enough. I arrived on a caravan and I am not sure when the next is leaving for a return to Lastwall.”

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Caitlin Faragone - Sheet
AC: 19 (17 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +6 (Roll 2x, take better result)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Available: 1st (4/4)
Orisons (Resistance, Guidance, Stabilize, Create Water, Enhanced Diplomacy, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound)
1st Level (Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith) [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
View attachment 68828

"Does Lastwall really hold so much more for you Caitlin? Stay a while and you might find that you like it."
She continues to flit about excitedly.

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Lily

Arcane Reservoir 3/4
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Caitlin Faragone, Lesser Aasimar Oracle

SierraAvatar_zps241e3c9d.jpg

Caitlin shrugged, “It is not that Lastwall holds a special place for me, but that I have been working along the caravan routes. I get to see new places while I earn a living. The traveling allows me the opportunity to contemplate the passage of time.”

Her expression took on a wistful look as she continued with her eyes unfocused.

“Time flows like a river, unstopping and traveling along its path. There are currents and eddies. But changing its course requires extraordinary effort… I want to learn more…” Her words trailed off as she became lost in her own thoughts.

Caitlin blinked and appeared to snap out of it. “Would staying here and working for the militia pay well enough?”

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Caitlin Faragone - Sheet
AC: 19 (17 flat-footed, 12 touch)
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +6 (Roll 2x, take better result)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Available: 1st (4/4)
Orisons (Resistance, Guidance, Stabilize, Create Water, Enhanced Diplomacy, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound)
1st Level (Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith) [/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Thom shrugged his shoulders at Caitlin's temporal-riparian musings.

"It pays well enough, certainly it is safer behind the palisade than on the open plains. But time does pass here as well Caitlin. I have found it is more about the who you spend the time with, or rather than worrying about it's passing."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Thom
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
CMB: +0 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +7 Will: +3
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +6

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword
Spelllike abilities: 1/day: Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic
1/day: Invisibility

[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Kurst and his brother laugh at the exchange within the group. Kurst continues, "If you decide to join the militia I am sure that you will be a valued asset, unlike my kid brother..." He jabs an elbow into his brother's side. Rodrik finally voices an opinion, "Not you...are much...better big brother." It is obvious the younger of the two brothers does not have the eloquence of the older one. Kurst smiles at his younger brother's retort and continues, "Well! We have others to speak with. Alguhn! Caitlin! It is good to meet you both and I hope to be seeing more of you soon." He finishes with a flourish and his brother simply nods. Then they head over to where Ruby is trying to lift a heavy object while some of the town folk help.

[sblock=Rodrik’s Writings]Rodrik Grath is well known throughout Trunau not only for his role as a prominent militiaman, but also for his beautiful poems and riveting plays, which he publishes using the small printing press at the Trunau Countinghouse. The following are a few of Rodrik’s most locally famous pieces.

Ballad of the Bloodmarch: Rodrik wrote his hit poem “Ballad of the Bloodmarch” after Trunauans held off the orcs of the Legbreaker tribe for 6 days before finally routing them. The epic piece is not as somber as its name might indicate, and it is practically synonymous with Trunauan pride and the iconic militaristic fervor of the townsfolk. While the poem does manage to capture much of the solemn reverence that accompanies the trials and horrors of warfare, those sobering themes are contrasted by emotionally powerful scenes of wartime heroism and examples of holding one’s own. In 4710 AR, Chief Defender Halgra declared “Ballad of the Bloodmarch” to be Trunau’s official anthem.

Hommel and Brekka: Rodrik’s last play is widely considered to be his best work. The love story of Hommel and Brekka is told in four acts, though the play’s running time is less than 1-1/2 hours. That the playwright managed to compress all of the most meaningful aspects of a forbidden relationship into such a short work is a testament to his talent. While the play’s namesake characters are actually a Shoanti warrior (Hommel) and a Chelish conqueror (Brekka), Rodrik drew upon significant personal experience while writing the play. Trunauan readers particularly enjoyed the air of the exotic in the play; while Rodrik has never visited the Storval Plateau, he was entranced as a boy by the stories of that land’s sprawling plains, rolling river valleys, and hardened native people.

The Other Side of Contempt: Easily Rodrik’s most controversial poem among Trunauans, this six-stanza monody weaves the tale of a young half-orc whose orc mother died when human raiders overran the orc settlement in which he grew up. Rodrik reined in his writing somewhat after this flop, though he privately claims that his critics are simply too closed-minded to understand the deeper significance of his poem.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
View attachment 68828

Lily smiles at Ruby's latest antics and then addresses the group.
"Rodrik doesn't say much but he writes beautifully. You must at least stay long enough to see one of his plays. Hommel and Brekka always gets me all choked up. But I'm a sucker for a good love story. Perhaps we should head back to the dance. I've got a love story of my own I'd like to work on. Just have to find a romantic male lead."
She ends with a wink.

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Lily

Arcane Reservoir 3/4
[/sblock]

Remove ads