HM's Age of Worms - IC

Cromm10k

First Post
Torgak

"Well then, a quick search, no more! I will lead the way."

Torgak gets out of his armor again and enters the water until it reaches his breast.

"Are you coming?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hakkon's intuition is right and the other passage leads to a small room the same shape and size of the one opposite it. The room is nearly empty save for a body that lies on the floor near the back corner.

Cautiously the men approach but it doesn't move and turning it shows it to be quiet dead (and half eaten). The armor it wore is shredded but a backpack still remains attached by one strap and a short blade is belted at the corpse's waste.

Wasting little time and air the group gathers up the body to take it back for burial.

Gaylne stands guard with his bow as Aria and Zeke tie off the ghoul to one end of their rope. Haakon and the others resurface with they new corpse and it's belongings.

"Still need to check that last door but thought it best to bring out another poor soul for proper burial." the warrior says as he lifts the dead man up to the top of the steps with the others help.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"A quick prayer for his soul now, and full rites as soon as the rest of the cavern is explored," Alterius says somberly. "I trust you saw no red lantern? If not we should check the left door next, and quickly so. The souls of the dead cry for succor."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Zeke nods in agreement with Alterius as he bends to examine the contents of the backpack and the condition of the body's blade. "I wonder if we can figure who he was?"

Shayuri

First Post
Aria comes over and looks at the body timidly. "He looks...pretty far gone. Maybe there's something in his pack though..."

She opens the satchel up and fishes the contents gingerly out to see if anything has identifying marks.

(OOC - or is valuable ;))

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Pulling the short blade from it's scabbard shows the metal to be rust free and giving off a pale blue light, the weapon is obviously magical.

But that isn't what all eyes are drawn to as Aria lifts back the backpack flap and pulls free the missing red lantern. The item is intact probably due to the blanket stuffed into the backpack with it.

"Great!" Hakkon exclaims."We found it! But first that door."

As most of the group work on getting the bodies ready to be lifted up to the upper chamber, the rest explore the door, and find nothing. Only a small closet like room that has long been empty.

Once everyone is back together it is a long grueling process to get the bodies dragged up the hole. The work takes time, but after it is complete and the bodies are laid to rest, everyone gets a feeling of fullfillment. A quiet, calm rest on each of your hearts as you return to the main chamber to light the lanterns thus opening the way deeper into the Whispering Cairn.

OOC: Congrats time for Level ups and then we'll continue.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well done!" Zeke declares with pride. "Surely Pelor's blesses our endeavors. I think we should get some rest ourselves, take stock of our supplies and recuperate our energy before pressing forward. And mayhaps even enjoy a well-deserved drink. It will allow me to also give a toast to St. Cuthbert." He says the last with a wink towards Torgak.

Cromm10k

First Post
Torgak

"Hear, hear!" Torgak yells.

"But if only this one door is left, we should heed Hakkon's suggestion. I don't like leaving unfinished business in the back."

Remove ads