Burned Circle - ThirdWizard's Dresden Files Game

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom was not surprised by Logan's response, "Well I wasnt sure if you wanted to avoid More trouble with them."

Malcom smiled politely at the young police officer, "yeah I will take a ride, mine is in the shop again."

Shayuri

First Post
Juno gave Keira a nod and gestured at her car. "Malcolm, take shotgun. Logan, I think you'll just about fit in the back. If you don't mind ducking a little."

Despite the ever-present irrational urge to do the 'slide over the hood' move, she once again conquered instinct with reason, and walked around to the driver's side.

She scanned the street automatically as she drove, not because she really believed anything would happen, but because it was her job...and she couldn't just flick it on and off like a light switch.

"Malcolm, read off the directions, wouldja?"

They were on their way.

(OOC - Didn't feel empowered to just narrate us to the house, but since we're not all in the car I suggest a quick edit, unless something specific is planned. :))

ThirdWizard

First Post
You pull up to the duplex Sandra lives in, a little house on Deleno Drive in Kirkwood, about twenty minutes later. The street lights are already turning on, though there is another good thirty minutes of evening light left in the day. People are already home, and there isn't much traffic; most driveways are full at this point in the day, and several cars are parked in the street among scattered no parking signs. At the end of the other side of the street, just as Michelle said, is the Bessie Branham Recreation Center. There are some kids playing basketball on a well kept court lit by bright lights and some others loitering around in the grass. You can hear a lawnmower in the distance running steadily, and an ambulance siren in the far distance. This is suburbia nestled in the city.

Sandra's driveway itself is empty, and the shutters are closed. It seems lonely compared to the houses nearby full of cars with lights and shadows coming through the windows. Even its front porch light is off. On the lawn are several days worth of newspapers, haphazardly tossed toward the driveway with little regard for aim.

Shayuri

First Post
Juno pulls into the empty driveway and hops out of the car. Just a moment's attention tells her that either no one's home, or someone's trying very hard to make it look like no one's home.

She goes over to the porch, letting her eyes drift lazily around the yard, the bushes and shrubs, the grass...looking for anything out of place or out of the ordinary. The newspapers she actually takes a moment with, sorting them out by date, to see how old the oldest one is. That didn't prove anything; people don't always take the papers in first thing...but it might still be useful.

Standing up from that, she investigates the mailbox.

Finally she eyes the door, pursing her lips. Break in, or not? After a second she says, "Lets go around back. See if there's a door or window open. Rather not bust the place up if we don't have to."

Thanee

First Post
Keira

“Doesn't exactly look like there is someone at home...” Keira remarks once she has parked her bike and headed to the rest of the small group.

“Yeah, let's have a look around. Maybe there is something amiss, that might give us a clue.”

ThirdWizard

First Post
The grass on the lawn is perhaps a bit overdue to be cut, but overall looks well maintained, as does the rest of the house itself. As you get closer to the house, you can hear muffled music coming from the other side of the duplex, some kind of punk/gypsy fusion. The porch is a small slab of concrete without any kind of covering. It looks like Sandra took the time to decorate the front door with a mat that says "Not You Again" and an empty flower pot.

Both sides of the duplex have a chain link fence extending behind the back yards, although you can only see a little to the side of the house itself, a partially rusted gate closed with a simple latch being the entrance around back.

OOC:
There are five days worth of newspapers on the lawn. The oldest newspaper is from Friday June 8th, and the newest is today's, Tuesday June 12th.

The mailbox is full, with a note from the USPS informing the resident that they must go to the post office to pick up the rest of their mail. It is dated from yesterday.

Shayuri

First Post
Juno thumbs through the mail to get an idea of the stuff that's being delivered, then takes the note from the Post Office. Assuming nothing in the box was particularly noteworthy, there might still be something being held that would shed light on the case.

"Alright, lets split up. We need to talk to whoever lives in the other side and see if they know anything. We also need to snoop around the sides and back."

She glances at Malcolm. "I'm thinking you'd probably be better at snooping." Then Logan, "And you'd be a good choice to go talk to the neighbor."

"Keira, what would you rather do? I'll join whoever you don't."

Thanee

First Post
Keira

“I'm generally pretty good with people, so I will join Logan and talk to the neighbors,” Keira replies to the question.

Shooting a side glance towards Logan, the cat-girl adds: “If that's ok with you, of course.”

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan nods. "Sure, chatting with the neighbors. Assuming they actually open the door after getting sight of me," he says with a wry smile. The big man knew his usual effect on people was one of inciting fear, simply due to his size and build.

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom smiles on the porch as his eyes drift down to the "Not You Again" mat. He didn't even know this girl, but her sense of humor was endearing her to him.

Malcom casually picked up the pile of mail, looking for anything besides a bill or junkmail that might be important as Juno 'suggested' a couple of actions.

Malcom's accent was thick as he spoke, "Are you saying all wizards are snooping...." Malcom trailed off for a second, "Yeah I guess you have us there."

Malcom started wandering, mail in hand towards the chain fence leading to the back. Still trying to engage in the conversation as he makes his way there.

"Logan, A pretty young woman at your side will do much to make people think your the gentle kind of giant."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases