Burned Circle - ThirdWizard's Dresden Files Game

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom hopped off the garbage can, landing with a thud, "Well I found an upstairs window. We can climb up and into the house though it might be a bit of a pain. You?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Logan sits down on the couch, taking up the vast majority of it and making it creak a little under his mass. "Well Mara, you know I'm Logan. This is Keira. We're here looking for Sandra. You see, she hasn't called Mom in a while and is usually pretty attentive. That puts Michelle a bit on edge, especially with a recruiter sniffing around for Sandra. So, how much has Sandra told you, and have you noticed anything strange going on with her or around here recently? Cold snaps in the neighborhood? A weird and unsettling woman coming around for Sandra? Anything?"

Shayuri

First Post
Juno holds up the little piece of bronze so it glints into Malcolm's face.

"Key."

She put the rock back where she'd found it and unlocks the door. Before opening it though, she pauses and looks back at Malcolm.

"You think she has any faerie mojo going on here?"

ThirdWizard

First Post
"Oh, well... where to start..." Mara puts the tray on a little coffee table and pours three cups of tea, then pulls up a chair that was in one of the corners and sits down a little in front of Logan. "I met Sandra about a year ago working around Little Five Points. I've got a small amount of talent with magic and do palm readings, tell the future, look into my crystal ball, that kind of thing, and sometimes I'm right. She's helping me figure that side of things out. I know what changelings are. I know that there's some kind of group of wizards to keep a low profile from." She leans back, running her hand through her hair and scratching the back of her head a bit, looking a little bit embarrassed. "I'm still just learning about what's out there, though."

She rips open the little bag of crackers and pours them onto a plate, then takes a sip from her cup. She frowns a little. "Sandra isn't a real party goer, you know? Not out at all hours, kind of a home body really. But I haven't seen her in days. I figured she was visiting home or something, but if you don't know where she is..." She trails off, slowly realizing the seriousness of the visit. The happy look from getting visitors is gone from her face. "Last I saw her here was Friday. I went to see her, but she said she had a headache and I left. Didn't really think much about it." She looks up at both of you. "She did look terrible, though, like she hadn't slept for days. Saturday morning when I got up for work, that's about six in the morning, she was gone."

Bluedevil

First Post
"Well you just have to show off your detective skills dontcha?" Malcom said with a smile as his eyes caught the glint of the key.

As the pair wandered up to the back door, Juno reaches up to put the key in the door and Malcom's hand moves out to block her own.

"Well I think we should assume she did until proven otherwise. If she did, we could get spattered all over the back yard or seriously hurt. If she didnt, we only waste a minute checking."

Malcom took a step back from the door and put his hands at his sides. He hadn't really liked using the sight and would have preferred to avoid it in this case, but there weren't too many other ways to do this quickly.

Wizards couldn't forget what they saw with it, and if the young lady had in fact been killed in her house, he was on his way to more then a few bad nightmares over the next few weeks.

Malcom took a deep breath, and opened his third eye.

Last edited:

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom's smile shifted to concern as his eyes traced the ward lines throughout the house, "Well I got good news and bad news. The good news is that the ward is minor but well put together. The bad news is that its well put together. Going to need to use a little bit of force to get through, and if I fail its going to slap me harder then my last date."

Malcom signaled his compatriot to stand back for a moment and pulled out his blasting rod from under his jacket and pointed it at the center of the ward's power. He watched for a moment as the beautiful magical energy drifting lazily between the various points on the house. One good shot was all he needed.

The magic began to course through his body as it gathered, flowing into the blasting rod with a sudden rush.

"Fortis!"

Spirit magic was Malcom magic of choice, he had always been a stuborn boy and throwing his will at a object just seemed to mesh well with that attitude. The force lashed out of the end of the blasting Rod and slammed into the ward with the full weight of Malcom's will pressed against it.

The fatigue hit him a moment later, not much but every use of magic took a little out of Malcom despite his best efforts.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Juno winced and looked around. Magic was nice and all, but not always subtle.

"You okay there?" she asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Did it work?"

Bluedevil

First Post
Malcom casually flipped the blasting rod around his finger and put it back into the side of his coat.

"All Good Kimosabe, way should be safe now."

Malcom held his hand out towards the door, "After you."

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Keira

Keira listens to what Mara has to say. She nods every now and then, and generally looks sympathetically towards her.

“You two have been training together, then? That's nice. But you have no idea where she might be now, or do you? Anything? Any clue what she is into? It is really crucial that we find her. She might be in trouble, I won't lie to you, it could be quite serious. And we are trying to help her get through it. But we cannot do much, unless we find her.”

ThirdWizard

First Post
Mara nods. rubbing her right cheek with her fingertips. Half a minute passes before she says anything. "Last week..." she starts, thinks a moment counting up to three with her fingers, then starts back, "Monday. Last Monday she got a call for work. I don't know the particulars, though. She went out and didn't come back until Wednesday. That's not too uncommon, though, so I didn't think anything of it. She always tells me before she goes off, you know, just in case. I figure it was pretty uneventful. She didn't go anywhere Thursday or Friday. That was unusual; she rarely spends that much time at home without going out somewhere. Nobody came by, though, that I saw. She spent the whole time by herself."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases