D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: A Knight in d'Argent Manor (DM: renau1g, Judge: Luinnar)




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 237

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    [Adventure]: A Knight in d'Argent Manor (DM: renau1g, Judge: Luinnar)

    Having successfully sealed the rift in the magical bag, the party travels back to the Hanged Man flush with victory and see a large group milling about at the entrance, a bugbear, a dwarf and other adventuring types are speaking to a deva, more like mobbing, but no matter, the party passes by and grabs a seat.

    No sooner have you ordered a drink then a middle-aged woman enters the tavern, her face full of dirt and caked blood, her right arm hangs limply at her side and her hair is in frightful shape.

    She stumbles over to your table, and tries to speak, but her throat is too parched to get the words out. She takes a drink from the closest glass, no, not a drink, but rather a huge gulp that leaves her coughing and with water now drenching her simple clothing.

    "Are you....*cough* Are you able to help a desperate woman? You look like able adventurers" she states, nearly collapsing in a seat.

    ooc

    Alrighty, here we go.

    Cast:
    1. Lilli: Level 5 Gnome @Neil1889
    2. Malakai: Level 4 Tiefling Sorcerer (Elementalist) @CrimsonFlameWielder <- the sacrificial lamb
    3. Artemis Hark: Level 5 Human Hexblade Warlock @FourMonos
    4. Dina: Level 7 Deva Artificer-Warlord @@Morrus;
    5. Nathantiel Xiloscient: Level 7 Elf Druid (Protector) @Walking Dad
    6. Lerrick: Level 6 Half-Elf Cleric @dimsdale

    If you can please include an updated stat block here in your first post I'll get your mini's set-up in Maptools (unless I use google docs Excel, you guys/gals have a preference?)
    Last edited by renau1g; Sunday, 26th August, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    865

    Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli just about managed to snatch up the remains of her customary small beer without spilling any on herself as the distressed woman suddenly sat down on the stool she'd being using as table.

    "Er, be our guest and take the world off your feet; why don't you tell us about it? A problem shared is a problem split seven-fold, or well, something like that," said Lilli with an eventual grin, though it became a little fixed when an unspoken realisation popped into her head.

    "Wait, which brave heroic fool ordered water in this hole?"


    Ministats:

    Lilli

    Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 5.
    Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18. Senses: Low-light vision.
    AC:18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 17, Will: 17.
    HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 7/7
    Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian, Draconic. Dwarven.
    Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions.
    Action Points: 1
    Powers:
    Fade Away
    Second Wind
    Ghost Sound
    Light
    Prestidigitation
    Mage Hand
    Orb of Deception
    Use Vulnerability
    Illusory Ambush
    Nightmare Eruption
    Grasping Shadows
    Horrid Whispers
    Shield
    Maze of Mirrors
    Visions of Avarice [Visions of Avarice Secondary Attack]
    Majestic Word
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lilli Chibi.png  
    Last edited by Neil1889; Wednesday, 11th July, 2012 at 09:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    ooc: until Kruk gets his grumpy smelly butt out of the tavern Lerrick can't be there. But Lerrick will get the info from Artemis.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Dina is in the Hanged Man, but you know she is in another room taking care of business of her own.

    OOC: Dina is currently hiring other adventurers but will be with you in a moment.


    Dina's Stats
    Dina - Deva Artificer-Warlord 6
    Passive Perception 17, Passive Insight 17
    AC 21, Fort 15, Reflex 19, Will 22
    HP 49/49, Bloodied 24, Surge Value 12, Surges 7/7
    Speed 6, Initiative +11
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
    At-Will Powers: Magic Weapon, Commander's Strike
    Encounter Powers: Provocative Order [], Shocking Feedback [], Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [], Use Vulnerability [], Curative Admixture [], Inspiring Word [x], Adaptive Stratagem [], Animate Helper [], Bold Victory Armor []
    Daily Powers: Punishing Eye [], Destructive Surprise [], Philosopher's Crown [], Power Jewel []


    Image Link


    OOC: EDIT: Forgot to mention that I prefer Google Docs because it lets you keep the map up-to-date. I even use a version that allows you to enter your attack rolls and be notified of hits and misses.
    Last edited by Son of Meepo; Thursday, 12th July, 2012 at 12:58 AM.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Copied from the Hanged Man...


    Malakai notes the commotion from the inn's "big shots" and gives a decided "humf" indifference. However, he does take note that so quickly after helping to dispatch those demons in the Rift, that she was...hiring adventurers? Just where did she come up with the cash for that!?

    The hooded Tiefling, wanting to get closer and get more information slinks away from his table to get closer when suddenly, he is sprayed in the face by a mouthful of water from a girl at the bar...

    Reminding himself that the girl could be a potential employer...and not just some unlucky person wanting to become victim to an incredibly horrific house fire...he takes a moment to wipe his face with his sleeve.

    Noticing that Lilli was already speaking to the girl, he decided he was right...it was someone with a job. Time to play nice...

    "*Ahem* Do forgive me...I seem to have been in the way of your aquatic display and couldn't help but notice that you were speaking with one of my...associates. Is there something that you needed help with in exchange for some form of monetary or magical compensation?"


    OOC: Also... this sacrificial lamb is level 4, not level 3 You'll have to roll just a little higher on your damage rolls to sacrifice him to the horde =P


    Malakai's Stats
    Malakai - Tiefling Sorcerer (Elementalist) 4
    Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
    AC 17, Fort 17, Reflex 13, Will 20
    HP 46/46, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 10/10
    Speed 6, Initiative +2
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind
    At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Ignition
    Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation (Fire) 2/2, Hellfire Heart, Shield of Flames
    Daily Powers: Diabolic Transformation, Black Wrath of Hell
    Item Powers: Chromatic Robe Power (Encounter), Flame Bracers Poser (Daily)


    OOC: I also prefer google docs. Seems to make combats easier on all of us.

  6. #6
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    OOC: @dimsdale - you're fine to be in here, the Tavern thread is separate, this is an adventure thread that happens to be taking place in the Hanged Man. For continuity/"Living-ness" I had the current events tie in to our little adventure, but the rules are only that you can't have two interacting with each other, so just don't go messing with the space/time continuum by having Lerrick talk to Kruk and we'll be fine

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Lerrick rushes forward to help the woman. Are you okay? Can I heal you? The clerics touches her arm before the woman can say anything. Healing warmth spreads rapidly through the woman's body. The cleric gives the woman a warm smile. How can we help you?

    ooc: Lerrick is now lvl 7.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    Artemis, maligned as he is by an overdeveloped sense of chivalry, stands immediately at the poor lady's dramatic entrance.

    "By the stars, woman, are you alright? Is that blood on your face? Are you injured? Of course we'll help...
    (muttering) well, maybe not Malakai... what happened?"

    mini-stats
    Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 5
    Status:
    Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16

    AC 21 (20): For: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 20
    Resist 5 cold

    HP: 42/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 8 Speed: 5 squares,
    Languages: Common, Primordial

    Action Point: 1

    Second Wind: unused

    Powers: Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate
    Wield the Warp 1 2, Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade
    Confusion of the Cosmos, Shard of Darkness, Inspiring Word, Frostwolf Pelt, Ironscar Rod, Lesser Planar Ally


    OOC: @renau1g use any human picture you want for Artie. I can never get one to upload right. @dimsdale I think it is okay for characters to be in the bar for short periods of time as long as they don't interact. in this instance, you are both leaving post haste

    edit: no map preference

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Bump. It's now been 2 full months since r1's last post. Anyone heard from him? I know the site's been down for a week or so, but what about before that?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    The last time he was on was Nov 6. I'm guessing he doesn't have time for games right now.
    @Luinnar Maybe we should have our judge wrap it up?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 365
    Last Post: Thursday, 27th September, 2012, 04:32 AM
  2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
    By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
    Replies: 948
    Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
  3. Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)
    By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
    Replies: 312
    Last Post: Saturday, 25th February, 2012, 03:19 PM
  4. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
    By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
    Replies: 730
    Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM
  5. [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)
    By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: Monday, 15th November, 2010, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •