[Adventure]: A Knight in d'Argent Manor (DM: renau1g, Judge: Luinnar)

Son of Meepo

First Post
The door opens and Dina enters the room. She looks out of breath as if she had just run down the hall.

"Pardon my tardiness. I had pressing matters to attend to. So how can I be of help?"

[sblock=If someone explains the situation adequately]History (1d20+16=22)
Arcana (1d20+16=18)

Dina has never met the d'Argents before or heard anything about them.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
OOC: @SonOfMeepo: I approved Dina, so you're good to go! Please do me a favor and take a look at Gray.
@renau1g : I do not believe I have the permissions to move Dina's page into the appropriate section, so if you could do that, please do!

Thanks. I did the work updating the table. I'll take a look as soon as I can!

OOC: Whatever level you guys want to be, just let me know. Encounters aren't fully constructed yet, I have my broad outlines but once you're set, let me know and I'll finalize them. Sorry Meepo, I can't 2nd approve Dina as I did the first one :(

I was less than 400 xp from level 7 so I am going to spend 1 DM credit and level up. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The woman appears surprised at the newcomer's presence, but after the others bring Dina up to speed, Catlyn smiles at the deva's eagerness to help.

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=skill checks]

history and arcana checks respectively: 1d20+4, 1d20+4 = 10 and 14

fail and fail
[/sblock]

The cleric hasn 't heard of d'Argents and struggles to keep up with the conversation. Hmmm...I'm going to ask my father about them when we're done. He knows everything.

Neil1889

First Post
"Catlyn," Lilli nods to the woman sat on the stool, "is a loyal servant of one Arturas d'Argent, son of the arcanist Sir Orbius d'Argent, hero and scion of a noble family of defenders of this...er.. once fair city."

Lilli pauses to finish off her beer. "Catlyn tells us that Arturas d'Argent came into his inheritance of the family manor when his father Sir Orbius disappeared under um...currently unknown circumstances. Incidental arcane research told me that the character of the family apparently changed for the worse afterwards. Reavers and slayers they... allegedly became and they were only stopped when a coalition of outraged local armies chased the...apparent forces of the d'Argent's back to the manor."

"It was there that the besieging coalition witnessed the strange disapperance of the manor in an envelopment of shadow. Nothing was heard of them for er...all this time since until Catlyn appeared here today with her tale of...the woeful usurpation of the d'Argent family seat and the um...apparent malaise that causes...the normally kind Arturas to lock himself in the family crypt, whilst an apparent bunch of brigands has taken over his household above. Presumably it was the same brigands and remnant of a...coincidental bandit army that assaulted Catlyn as... she made her escape from the manor to reach us here to entreat someone to help save her master."

Lilli spent most of the time telling the tale to most directly to Artemis and occasionally Dina, but she seemed to be having trouble with something in her eye. Hopefully she's sorted it now, Vena willing.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis's hands stop after Lilli's explanation, "Wait a second, are you telling me that their manor disappeared? And now it has reappeared? When did that happen?"

He looks at Catlyn, "How long were you gone?"

renau1g

First Post
The woman tsk's tsk's at Artemis' comment, "Oh dearie, you think just because I had the beejovus scared out of me, I'd be tricked by some silly talk about disappearing manors and such. I have worked for the family all my life, I lived on the grounds of the manor, my family always has, we are well taken care of, well were rather well taken care of although as of late that isn't the case." Catlyn replies

Son of Meepo

First Post
The deva speaks up after listening to Lilli's explanation, turning to Catlyn with a burning question.

"I'm sure it's a compelling story, but what is it you want us to do?"

renau1g

First Post
"Well, I was hoping that you could go in there and see what's gone wrong, I'm sure that there's some darkness that has affected m'lord and I cannot do it myself with the ruffians about. They have put most of the others under house arrest. I'm sure if you save him, m'lord would certainly reward you. " she replies.

Malakai, finally understanding what it is that Catlyn wanted, grins wickedly beneath his hooded cowl.

"Do we have your permission to act as necessary in the completion of this task, or are there any particular rules with which we would need to follow. Keeping your lord alive is a given..."

Though it would certainly be easier not to, I'm guessing...

"But what of these Ruffians? Must we convince them to leave nicely... or do we have permission to resort to more violent means of...convincing them? Oh, and on a completely unrelated note...is your lord's manor made of stone, or wood? I would hate to have to pay for damages should there be some kind of accidental fire..."

Malakai shivers with the thought, but reminds himself that he is literally trying to get away with murder at the moment, and that another house fire would only send the authorities in the direction of Daunton.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis keeps a wary eye on Malakai, remembering the old saying, Keep your friends close...

Artemis addresses the assembled adventurers, "I know we just jumped into a magic bag to protect the city, but this is going to be more dangerous (you know, because r1 is dm'ing). I understand if any of you don't want to come. Catlyn, where is the manor. I'm heading there now."

Remove ads