[Adventure]: A Knight in d'Argent Manor (DM: renau1g, Judge: Luinnar)

renau1g

First Post
Malakai, finally understanding what it is that Catlyn wanted, grins wickedly beneath his hooded cowl.

"Do we have your permission to act as necessary in the completion of this task, or are there any particular rules with which we would need to follow. Keeping your lord alive is a given..."

Though it would certainly be easier not to, I'm guessing...

"But what of these Ruffians? Must we convince them to leave nicely... or do we have permission to resort to more violent means of...convincing them? Oh, and on a completely unrelated note...is your lord's manor made of stone, or wood? I would hate to have to pay for damages should there be some kind of accidental fire..."

Malakai shivers with the thought, but reminds himself that he is literally trying to get away with murder at the moment, and that another house fire would only send the authorities in the direction of Daunton.

"Ummm, I don't know. It is not my home, although I don't like killin' myself, far be it from me to tell such brave adventurer's how to do their job. Just try not to damage the home if at all possible, and of course the life of my lord is of great import. The manor is made of stone, very strong stuff" Catlyn replies

Artemis keeps a wary eye on Malakai, remembering the old saying, Keep your friends close...

Artemis addresses the assembled adventurers, "I know we just jumped into a magic bag to protect the city, but this is going to be more dangerous (you know, because r1 is dm'ing). I understand if any of you don't want to come. Catlyn, where is the manor. I'm heading there now."

"Oh you will! Oh thank you and all the gods that I found such a helpful group of individuals. Our home is only a few miles outside of town, not more than an hour or two to walk there. (she gives some general directions to the NW of the city). I'll wait here in case there's trouble. I wouldn't want to get in the way" she says.

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli mused aloud, "Well Artemis, I suppose it is theoretically possible, albeit improbable, that the manor and grounds disappeared sometime ago and even possible in such a case that some of the inhabitants weren't actually aware that they were missing. Perhaps even Time herself travelled merrily along at a different rate; I've noticed that is the case between here and my...ah, well never mind all that..."

"Of course, I could also have been reading a complete load of tosh," she grins and curtseys to Catlyn. "I'll at least go and take a peek for you. Sounds worth investigating for the IAC anyway."

Malakai laughs as Artemis addresses the group.

"Dangerous? We just annihilated a throng of demons. I seriously doubt that a few ruffians will give us issue unless they have some serious backing. In either case, I will see you at the manor. My lady, when next you see us, the manor will be yours and your masters, once again."

With that, Malakai heads out of the Inn to make his way to the manor, using the directions given to him by Catlyn.

Son of Meepo

First Post
"I would just like to gather a few more things that might be useful for investigating this manor."

[sblock=Rituals]Dina will acquire a few more rituals for her book as well as ritual components before departing for the manor:

Seek Rumor
Eye of Alarm
Last Sight Vision
Arcane Lock
Magic Circle[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient (Protector Druid 7)

Nate nods at Lili's words: "Yes, this seems more like an investigation needed, than outright violence. We cannot just attack a house because of someones report." He says and follows.

[sblock=OOC]
If Lerrik is now level 7, I will use my leveled up level 7 sheet, too.

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), (Summoner's Staff - not in hand)

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 20 Reflex 20 Will 20
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14

Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
If Lerrik is now level 7, I will use my leveled up level 7 sheet, too.

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), (Summoner's Staff - not in hand)

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 20 Reflex 20 Will 20
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14

Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Wow... so if two out of the 5 of us are level 7, and R1 takes this into account and ups the challenges accordingly...Malakai is either going to earn a TON of XP...or die really quickly... ;)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Wow... so if two out of the 5 of us are level 7, and R1 takes this into account and ups the challenges accordingly...Malakai is either going to earn a TON of XP...or die really quickly... ;)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Remember, Lerrick is a walking hospital. She'll have Malakai's back :) Of course the mean dm will probably take out Lerrick first. :(
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Ok, so the party is marching out, following the woman's directions.

Marching order? Any precautions before marching out of the protection of town?

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Dina prefers the second rank. Not out front, but where she can easily enhance the front line.

No other precautions to take right now.

I will be out of town starting tomorrow until Monday with limited net access.

Remove ads