[Adventure] Auction House (DM: Son of Meepo; Judge: TBD)

Son of Meepo

First Post
A few days later each of you receives your invitation by courier. It denotes the date and time of the auction, noting that the doors to the warehouse will be open two hours prior to the start of bidding so that bidders may examine the items for sale.

[sblock=Insight DC 20]You detect nothing suspicious regarding this courier.[/sblock][sblock=Arcana DC 20]There is no sign of magic on the invitation.[/sblock][sblock=Thievery DC 20]You detect no forgery or any other suspicious mark on the invitation.[/sblock]

It is now the day of the auction. Now is the time to make your final preparations and head to the warehouse.

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk returns to his residence after purchasing a new shield. Within an hour of his arrival he receives an invitation to the auction. He examines the messenger and the letter closely

[sblock=insight, arcane, thievery rolls]
Insight, arcane and thievery rolls respectively: 25, 21, 2
[/sblock]

He then gives a nod to the messenger and tucks the invitation into a pouch attached to his belt. hmmmmf...seems legit to me...After making sure that he has all of his equipment, he steps out, making his way to the auction, prepared for the worst.

Luinnar

First Post
What a good boy. Beatrice says, handing the delivery boy a homemade cookie and patting him on the head.

Ohh, so the day has come has it? she says opening the envelope and reading the letter. I better get my best scale armor on and join the others!

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn takes hi most formal outfit and present himself four hours before the start of the auction and starts to roam around the place to identify the surrounding, in case things degenerate.

Son of Meepo

First Post
You eventually arrive at the crossroads where stands the Dauntonian Customs Authority bonded warehouse. Dauntion guardsmen, included Commander Paelis are positioned around the exterior of the warehouse.

You can hear a few jovial voices from the inside even though they are nearly overshadowed by the commotion on the outside. Pick, Pock, and Poke, the three kobolds, are standing beside a contraption nearly as large as they are, smoke is billowing from it.

"It will identify fact from fake! We can't make purchase without knowing we buy good things!"

"How about you try using yer EYES instead of that blasted device? You'll smoke everyone out for sure."

"How you expect it work if you no burn swamp moss?"

[sblock=Insight DC 14]The guards appear to be quite nervous, the kobolds appear to be offended.[sblock=Insight DC 20]The kobolds are intelligent, if eccentric, but it is clear that Allarian is not their primary language. [sblock=Insight DC 29]The guards are tense because they don't trust the device. But their tone makes it clear that they treat the kobolds more like fools than a threat.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

GM: Map

Feel free to place yourself on the map and interact with any of the NPCs

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: In Zombies And Crooks, the first adventure of Jarel-karn, he had fought Rinch The Riser in a Custom Bound Warehouse that look pretty much like that... only exception, the office was on a second floor (but at the same location on the map) and three bridge was hanging over the crates.

The coincidence is too great, I'll assume it is.

As Jarel-karn arrive near the warehouse, he feels a chill climbing in his back as he remember the last time he came here. He remembers Rinch and his zombies swarming the place. A dread combat it has been. Luckily, he had decided to come two hours before the opening, so he had time to recover from his memory and focus on the task at hand.

After taking some tea at the cafe Aggetivo in front of teh warehouse, he looks at each guest soming in. As teh kobold show up, he decides it would be time to enter the place. He enter the warehouse, showing his invitation. As he is given the permission to enter, he looks around. Their combat a few years back had made some damage, and they seems to have renovated the place.

Jarel-karn see the people gathering around the desk and decides to approach Countess Fian-Fen. Jarel-karn take a quick look at the items on teh table before saying to the countess "My lady, I am please to meet one representative of my ancestor's land. My name is Jarel-karn."

OOC: Is Countess Fian-Fen a Genasi ro a Dragonborn?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases