[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Okay folks. Back from the Mid South and fresh off 12 hours sleep, so...[/sblock]

Marcus stays quiet during the conversations, unusually reserved. Perhaps he is lost in memories of the trips he has had to this town as wagon guard. Perhaps he is distracted by the large plate of sandwiches that passed by the table a few moments ago. Either way, he is drawn to the here and now again as the conversation of Fae'shiel's studies carries on.

"It would probably be best to rest. We don't want to go unprepared after all. I can ask around down around by the warehouses, see if anyone can suggest the best place to get a map and a compass. I could also see if anyone might have anymore stories to share about the Stone Tooth. The people there should remember me. Or so I'd hope. Usually best to approach them after sundown. I can talk to a few of them and share what I find out in the morning. After a good nights sleep. If you think that would help."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"That seems sensible, then," agrees Iago. "We'll take whatever time you need, Lady Fae'Shiel, and then proceed."

OOC: I don't think anyone else wanted to do anything before leaving town, so it seems like PM can just put us on the road (on foot :)) when he's ready to advance the scene.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay if we are just going to handwave the RL requirements due to the downtime we had been experiencing anyways then I will go ahead and roll the spellcraft checks for learning those spells.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The next day is a misty morning in the forested foothills, shrouding the mining town. After breaking fast you all leave the inn and are able to obtain a map pretty easily, the matronly half-elf might not be much in the looks department, but she was helpful in saving you time.

So, without losing much time at all, you set out on the trek heading north. After exiting through the gates the road is pretty good and the civilization is not far away.

That first day you pass by a three wagon caravan heading towards Blasingdell, coming from a mining outpost. They are not very talkative, but after exchanging a few pleasantries you are only able to learn that they have had an uneventful trip.

The second day, you are no longer on a good road, the path is more like a game trail. The day is dreary and overcast, threatening rain. You decide that the territory is not so friendly looking anymore.

[Sblock=OOC Stuff]If you want to have something accomplished in the town, retroactively, do right ahead. No worries. :p

Please set up your marching order for the duration of the outdoor trek. Grid coordinates, please, preferably in the shaded area.

Also I need a watch rotation for night time.

Map Notes: Lighter colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square. Same with darker vegetation, but the darker also provides 20% concealment being bushes, 50% concealment for small creatures. The wood colored circles are tree trunks.
LPFFOFEnc01Map00A.jpg
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago eyes the trail warily. He recalls the forest about Barrow's Edge, remembering ambushes by goblin and drake alike.

The thought of orcs in the woods fills him with an unaccustomed anger, though he would be hard-pressed to say why.

[sblock=ooc]Unless anyone objects, I'm thinking Shieldheart in lead, Fae'Shiel second, Cole behind her, and Iago for rearguard. The logic is that Shieldheart is the obvious tank and if we meet an enemy head-on it may give Fae'Shiel a chance to cast before engaging. Cole should be kept out of melee combat as much as possible to capitalize on his archery, and Iago is a pretty good switch-hitter between ranged and melee so he makes a good rearguard. Seem OK?

Assuming the above is OK, Iago is at K2.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]That works. Though if we need any tracking done, Marcus will need to make his way to the fore, but having someone watching his wishbone while he's doing his tracking thing would be a welcome thing.[/sblock]

Marcus is glad that the wagons report no interest. Best that the few traveling protectors have nothing to report. As the road gets less and less hospitable, he does his thing here and there when required, checking tracks or the like. When moving in line, Marcus remains near Lady Fae'shiel, half a step to her side and a step and a half to her rear. His bow, once carried casually, finds its way into his hand and into a more prepared position as the terrain gets more and more wild. As the threat of rain begins to build Marcus slows his pace a little, increasing the space between himself and Lady Fae'shiel by a half step. His eyes go left and right, watching the gradually deepening greenery flanking the path.

"It is really starting to look like rain. We might want to look for a place to shelter soon?"

His head turns left to right as he speaks, the last question hanging in the air directed to any and all.

[sblock=ooc]I'm thinking Marcus C at K4, north edge of the trail.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]That seems fine to me. Place Fae'shiel at K-5 if you don't mind.[/sblock]

Fae'shiel doesn't talk all that much during the start of the journey, and when the wagon appears she prefers to let the more charismatic members of the group do much of the talking. She does take the time to note that Marcus remains close by her during the trip, finding comfort in this fact. As the terrain gets less and less hospitable, Fae'shiel instinctively moves her sword hand to the hilt of her blade, ready to draw it at a moments notice.

When Marcus mentions finding shelter she finds herself agreeing with him most wholeheartedly "Yes, somewhere to rest, and not get drenched would be ideal. It would also be useful as I would prefer to have one last chance to go over my spells before we arrive at the mouth of the cavern."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Shelter seems wise," says Iago, eyeing the trail. "But I do not see anything suitable nearby. I have a spell that can accommodate us, though it will not last long and might be better saved for emergencies. Marcus, you seem to know the woods. Shat do you suggest?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
It might look rain.

[Sblock=OOC Stuff]Also I need a watch rotation for night time. Did you bring a tent or anything?

Roll Knowledge Nature if you wish to make a weather prediction. Trained Survival could work as well, but with a harder DC.

This the marching order I will copy to the first post in the thread for reference:
LPFFOFEnc01Map00B.jpg
[/sblock]

Remove ads