[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Fae'shiel does not have a tent, I do not know about the others. However we are marching through what I assume is a mountainous area. Would a knowledge Dungeoneering check enable Fae'shiel to locate a suitable cave or some such where in the group would be able to spend the night?[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]
Night Watch - Say 2.75 hours each person.

Fae'shiel
Iago
Marcus
Markas

No tent - and no back up armor should he get in a fight before his shift - Two things to correct for his next outing.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus turns his gaze up to the sky, giving it a good look before lowering his eyes back to the wilderness around them.

"Nothing is immediately at hand. I can look for tracks, maybe some deer or something might have passed this way."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago talks briefly with Marcus about the woods and possible strategies for finding shelter.

[sblock=ooc]Rolling Survival to Aid Other[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Marcus Cole believes the day will bring misting rain, reducing visibility throughout the day. It could turn into heavier rain at night.

GM: Survival is what you use for finding camp sites (including caves). Was that what the Rolls were for, or were they weather as well?

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry to cause yet more confusion. I seem to do that a lot lately.

The KNOW roll for Marcus was for the weather, the survival roll was a shelter possibility, though I can't see him finding anything by looking at the map. Still he's bound to try. :D

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The trek in the mountains is slow, pretty much what you expected and at the end of the second day you are wet from the drizzle. But, you are not cold from the exertion of the march. However, the overcast prevents you from seeing any sign of the Stone Tooth in the distance, so you can only assume you are on track and schedule.

Even after walking for 8 hours, you are able to find a defensible campsite with a rocky overhang and some fir trees to provide some shelter from the elements. You are in for dreary night, but at least it doesn't pour on you and body heat eventually dries you out while sleeping.

The next morning is misty fog and damp feeling air. You break camp and resume your way.

Even after lunch you have not seen the sun, the overcast weather is almost foreboding as you trek towards the alleged location secret dwarven stronghold. You hear a hawk or something cry from somewhere above.

OOC: Combat: Surprise Round
[sblock=Combat Information]You are not aware yet

Initiative:
You guys

Updated Map:
LPFFOFEnc01Map00C.jpg

Map Notes:
1) Lighter colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square.
2) Same with darker vegetation, but the darker also provides 20% concealment being bushes, 50% concealment for small creatures.
3) The wood colored circles are tree trunks.

Code:
Fae'shiel:  33/33 HP remaining;
Marcus:     39/39 HP remaining; 
Iago:       42/42 HP remaining; 
Markus:     60/60 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Status:
Code:
Unk (AC??/HP??):
[/sblock]
GM: Roll Perception Check. Beat DC18, you get a Surprise Round Action.

Everyone needs their Combat Stats blocks ready to go. Thx
[sblock=Perception DC18]A twig snaps off to the left in the woods, roughly F17 . You do not see anything yet though.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Not knowing exactly where the enemy is I can't give you a diffident on a 5' step but Standard Action will be total Defense.

Years as a guard for the city of Venza has helped Markas hone his sight and hearing. Looking beyond the trees and bushes, like he would look beyond wagons, people, and sometimes even shadow. And he has learned to filter out the common sounds of the city to hear those sounds that don't belong, and it has saved his life more than once.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Markas
Initiative: +1
AC: 24 (22 flat-footed, 12 Touch) Current: 28 (unless FF)
HP: 60 Current: 60
CMB: +8 CMD: 19 (21 vs. Trips and Grappling)
Fort:
+6 Reflex: +2 Will: +2 (+5 vs. Fear)
Conditions if Effect: Total Defense

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 longsword & shield

Consumables:
torches: 4
rations: 4
pitons: 4
brooch of shielding (101)
potion-stabilize(lvl0)
potion-cure light(lvl1): 2[/sblock]

Last edited: