[LPF] Waking the Dead - Page 18




+ Log in or register to post
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 231
  1. #171
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye
    The healer nods farewell as Dolgrin, Lem, Menik, and Tasanto leave her small house to continue their investigation into the disappearance of Malcom of Capoe. The four have little to go on except the knowledge that Malcom disappeared from the woods near his small farm plot and that some dark power has been animating the dead as cunning flesh-eaters. More than likely connected, it would seem that the only option at the moment is to investigate the small graveyard where Rochelle's ghoulish children were laid to rest.

    Travel back to the burial plot of the hamlet of Capoe seems to take less time in the day than it did the previous night and soon the four are stepping from the shadowed woodland trail into the small open space of the graveyard. Small, hand-carved markers crowd the area though some are toppled by recent digging and the previous evening's combat.

    GM: If you have other options you wish to explore, feel free. I can always edit. Otherwise, if we continue on this line please describe your investigations and include any skill checks you think appropriate.

 

  • #172
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    Dolgrin walks through the small graveyard once again, much more comfortable than it was during the previous night. He stops at the recently redug graves of the two children that he had faced last night. "So, they say to check out the homestead first, right?" he asks the others.

  • #173
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    3,835

    Ignore kinem
    "As long as we're here we might as well have a look" Menik says. He looks for signs of exhumation, as well as anything else odd.

  • #174
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,816

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    "Menik, do you really think someone else dug the bodies out, or is it possible that they rose from the graves themselves?" Lem asks while pondering what the results might mean.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #175
    Tasanto is not quite sure what to do. The monks taught him a bit of fighting, but finding things was not in their lesson plans. Still, he searches the area around the graveyard for any interesting tracks.

  • #176
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,022

    Ignore GlassEye
    As Menik studies the gravesite he notices the new grave that Dolgrin mentioned but some of the villagers mentioned burying the children the previous night and so that isn't unusual. What does seem a bit unusual is the bare footprint at the edge of the new grave. It is the size of an adult human male's foot and overlaps several booted prints.

    After pointing it out to the others, Tasanto finds that there is a trail of broken grass and disturbed dew that leads away from the village and deeper into the woods. It is unclear whether the bare-footed one made the trail but it was recent and possible that the arrival of the four adventurers drove off whoever was here before them.

    Menik also notices there is a grave near the edge of the graveyard that has been dug at, as if some creature started to dig up the body or dug up part of the body. Considering the filthy state of Rochelle's children and the disturbing stains around their mouths it is not surprising that they might have done so. There are a few small bones scattered about the disturbed area.

    OOC
    Family & Thanksgiving time will keep me occupied over the next couple of days. I'll try to post again by Friday but may not be able to post again until Sunday or Monday at worst. Have a good holiday.

  • #177
    Tasanto will point out the tracks to the others. "They might be fresh." Rather unsure himself. After the others finish checking the graves, he will lead, following the tracks towards what he hopes is their quarry. As soon as he gets twenty feet away, he loses the trail.
    ooc
    I expect to be busy most of turkey day as well.

  • #178
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    Dolgrin groans as Tasanto loses the trail so easily, and can't help but chuckle slightly.

  • #179
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    3,835

    Ignore kinem
    Menik tries to find where the trail picks up again.

  • #180
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,816

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    Lem says, "Let me loan you an extra set of eyes."
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Lyra Ambient] Waking the Dead mp3 released
      By LinLyra in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st January, 2012, 09:44 PM
    2. The waking. You will never sleep again.
      By Ferret in forum Monster Homebrews
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Tuesday, 17th May, 2005, 10:30 PM
    3. Rule for Waking Up?
      By Clefton Twain in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Thursday, 27th June, 2002, 05:14 PM
    4. Waking up
      By trentonjoe in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Friday, 25th January, 2002, 02:46 PM
    5. Waking up
      By trentonjoe in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th January, 2002, 04:53 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •