[LPF] Greener is the Grass

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel spurs his horse forward, keeping no weapons drawn for now. He views the wounds of Boots and Sylla but doesn't move to mend for now. They've seen worse. He grasps the holy symbol around his neck and whispers a quick prayer of favor. The spirits move about the party unseen, strengthening their resolve and guiding their weapons.

[sblock=ooc]I apologize for my appeared absence but it seems my last post was eaten by goblins. I had confirmed that I was still mounted and added some non-consequential flavor text. So it's no big loss.

Will move to G14/H15 around Vincezo if need be (presuming the area behind him is empty).

Denizel casts Bless on all allies.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel (Currently Hastened and Blessed: +2 to hit, +1 to AC, +1 to Reflex, +1 vs Fear)
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Just waiting for Vincenzo to act before I update and move to round three, [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION] Did you intend for me to roll for Boots? 'Cause I have to say that IC apparently doesn't like it when I roll for players: 1d20+7=16, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=10, 1d20+7=8
[MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION] Sylla stepped back into the space you've designated for Denizel so either we can select a new space or I'll assume Denizel stops at G-H/15-16[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo takes in his surroundings and the movements of his allies. suddenly he feels a rush, not the rush of battle but something else, coupled with a new confidence.
[ haste and blessed]

[sblock=actions]
Move 15 feet NORTH to position J-K,11-12 [move] attack uncle's mount
Haste:+1 att; +1 dodge to AC / ref. sv
bless: +1 att, sv vs fear
flanked with boots +2
1d20+11=15, 1d6+2=3
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 [19] (13 flat-footed, 15 [16] touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 [18] (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 [+4] Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Att: +7 [+9]; Dam: 1d6 + 2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Current Conditions in Effect: hasted/blessed
text in red is hasted/blessed
33D3DD
[/sblock]

I will let you settle the attack by my mount with the AOO

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Round Three

Ganil stares in horror at Maui's words of accusation. He pushes aside the proffered blade with a shake of his head though it isn't clear whether he is refusing to strike Maui with his own blade or whether he can't believe Maui's accusation of Juhelos. He holds a palm up to the Goti warriors commanding them in a motion to hold their positions. Ganil steps up to Juhelos and grabs the older man by the shoulder.

"Is it true, Uncle?"

Juhelos' reaction is immediate: he wheels around at Ganil's grasp and with a closed fist punches the First of the Goti-Susack in the throat. Ganil stumbles back, drops his sword, and grasps at his throat. His wheezing breaths sound horrible but at least he still draws breath. There is a roar of outrage from the Goti warriors that is accompanied by the drawing of their swords as they prepare to rush to the aid of their leader.

Sylla's hastening magic settles upon most of the adventurous group and as she readies her bow Boots leaps into a flurry of attacks on the Goti warrior. Juhelos is surprised by the fury of the eidolon but manages to avoid or deflect Boots' attacks so that they slide harmlessly from the plates of leather armor that he wears.

Denizel spurs his horse and maneuvers around so that Cortessa's much needed blessing falls upon all his companions. Vincenzo also spurs his horse forward to join in the battle causing the scout to retreat from the fierce advance. As he moves into position Juhelos' roan snaps out with its heavy teeth and takes a raking bite out of Vincenzo's mount's shoulder. Vincenzo's attack is thrown off by a sudden shift of his mount and the piercing attack misses.

Juhelos barely spares a glance at Ganil instead focusing on Boots and Sylla. He ignores Denizel and Maui until they present a more direct threat and lets his roan provide interference with Vincenzo. "Here are some words for you, witch," he says with a sneer. "I will kill your dog and your friends and then I will come for you." Juhelos lashes out with two swift strikes at Boots: one fist smashes painfully into Boots' snout, the other is deflected by the darkwolf's thick hide.

Juhelos' roan continues its wild fury attacking Vincenzo and his mount. It rears up and batters Vincenzo's horse in the chest with its quick-striking hooves dealing enough injury to the lighter horse to knock it sprawling. As Vincenzo's horse goes down the roan's teeth rake against Vincenzo's thigh ripping open his pants and turning the skin purple with a large bruise.

OOC: Combat Round Three: Everyone is up.
Vincenzo: DC 20 Ride (fast dismount) to avoid falling horse. If the Ride check fails, DC 15 Acrobatics to tumble & avoid damage.
Vincenzo begins his turn in your choice of squares in the J-K/11-12 block.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Initiative
Goti
Adventurers

DM reminder: don't forget full attacks and combat-trained mounts...
Scott, center to center from Boots to Vincenzo doesn't pass through opposite sides of the horse so no flank.

Map:

Party:
Denizel: 32/32 hp
Maui: 38/38 hp
Taniwha: 34/34 hp
Sylla: 23/34 hp
Boots: 22/42 hp Unarmed strike: 12 dmg
Vincenzo: 39/46 hp Horse bite: 7 dmg
--V's horse: -8/19 hp Horse bite (AoO): 8 dmg; 2 hooves for 11 & 8 dmg

Conditions in Effect: Bless 5/5 minutes (everyone); Haste 5/5 rounds (Sylla, Boots, Vin, Den)

Enemy Status:
Juhelos: (AC 18/T 13/FF 16) uninjured
The Roan: (AC 23/T 13/FF 20) uninjured
Ganil: enemy?
Other Goti: enemies?[/sblock]

_
___ • Ganil Susack •_______• Juhelos Taraw •

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

Vincenzo: DC 20 Ride (fast dismount) to avoid falling horse.
If the Ride check fails, DC 15 Acrobatics to tumble & avoid damage.
Vincenzo begins his turn in your choice of squares in the J-K/11-12 block

dc 20 ride [fast dismount]
1d20+6=24

begin turn at (J,11)

Though his horse stumbles and he is nipped, his concentration of the fight remains. He ducks and dodges about the horse in his hasted condition. "Maui! My horse is grieviously wounded! Help!"

move action: Feint [feat: improved feint] 1d20+10=30

attack/damage 1 vs ff ac: 1d20+9=22, 1d6+2=3 [no crit threat]
attack/damage 2 vs ff ac: 1d20+9=19, 1d6+2=4 [no crit threat]

[sblock=Feint]
You can also use Bluff to feint in combat, causing your opponent to be denied his Dexterity bonus to his AC against your next attack. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + your opponent’s base attack bonus + your opponent’s Wisdom modifier. If your opponent is trained in Sense Motive, the DC is instead equal to 10 + your opponent’s Sense Motive bonus, if higher. For more information on feinting, see Combat.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 [19] (13 flat-footed, 15 [16] touch) (+ variances)
HP: 39/46
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 [18] (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 [+4] Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Att: +7 [+9]; Dam: 1d6 + 2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Current Conditions in Effect: hasted/blessed
text in red is hasted/blessed
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Sylla grins, a wild look in her eyes. "Best come quickly, then. You don't have much time."

[sblock=Actions]Sylla: Full attack on Juhelos. Amazingly, ALL of her feats come into play on this attack: Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot, and Precise Shot. Booyah! Including haste and bless, that's three attacks at +9 for 1d8+3.

Boots: Full attack. Four attacks at +8 for 1d8+6. Step to H13.

Dear Glasseye: Please roll better. Kthx, Systole.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch) +1 Haste
HP: 23/34
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (All saves +2 when adjacent to Boots)
Perception: +5, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus (+5, 1d4+2, 19-20x2) & Longbow (+6/+6 or +8, 1d8+3, 20x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Haste, Rapid Shot, Bless
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1/3

Boots

AC:
23 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch) +1 Haste
HP: 22/42
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +7 Will: +1
Perception: +7, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative:
+3
Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+6/+6/+6, 1d6+8, 20x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Haste, Bless

Used Items:
Whistling Arrow x1
Smoke Arrow X2[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Round Three continuing...

Vincenzo leaps from his falling mount with a practiced grace landing on his feet. His feint against the horse is successful as is the attack that follows.

Boots bites and claws at Juhelos finally getting his teeth into the Goti warrior's leg and clawing him seriously also. Three arrows fly from Sylla's bow and three arrows pierce Juhelos' leather armor. One arrow looks serious but the blood flowing from the injury isn't as much as one might expect.

[sblock=OOC]Scott,
Feint is a move action; Vincenzo will only get a second attack from haste if he takes a full attack action (not possible when also using a move action). Also, according to my calculations Vincenzo's damage is 1d6+5. 1d6 +2 (Str), +2 (Weapon Spec.), +1 (magic weapon) for a total damage of 6 to the horse done this round.

Systole, I think this is better:
Boots: 1d20+7=14, 1d8+6=9, 1d20+7=21, 1d8+6=8, 1d20+7=8, 1d8+6=9, 1d20+7=19, 1d8+6=14
Sylla: 1d20+8=28, 1d8+3=8, 1d20+8=22, 1d8+3=9, 1d20+8=18, 1d8+3=8
Sylla’s Crit Confirmation: 1d20+8=16, 1d8+3=7
For 22 dmg from Boots, 25 dmg from Sylla (47 total). I was getting worried but not anymore.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Swords now Handsome Blade! Tane walks with your horse!" roars Maui. "Taniwha! Huakia!" Maui steps in behind Juhleos and make a strike from his blind side while Taniwha sprints in and snaps at the Goti murderer's leg. Maui's blade finds the enemy's flesh, dangerously close to his neck and Taniwha's teeth sink into his ankle, though he cheetah seems unable to grip well enough to upend Juhelos and leave him sprawling.

[sblock=Actions]Maui: Swift Action: Command Maui to atk.Move: 5ft step to F11 to flank with Boots. Scimitar atk vs Juhelos.
29=Hit! 12 dmg! Possible Crit! Crit Confirm: 15=miss Boo!
Taniwha: Move to F12 and Bite atk vs Juhelos; on a hit will attempt to Trip him.
18=Hit! 9 dmg Trip attempt vs Juhelos CMD: 11 :(

Summary: Maui deals 12 dmg to Juhelos
Taniwha deals 9 dmg; trips CMD 11
Total dmg: 21
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
AC: 19
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditions: