[LPF] Greener is the Grass

Systole

First Post
Sylla takes a relaxing breath and smiles chillingly. With the object of her fury found standing in front of her, her rage has transformed into something calmer and somehow more worrying than her usual barely contained anger.

"Oh, uncle," she says quietly, her eyes positively twinkling with something like glee, "you should have kept your dagger in its sheath. At least twice now."

[sblock=OOC]Dammit. As sure as Sylla is, I'm betting the Juhelos is going to claim the stupid Goti-Nushat did it. Sylla is not going to be happy if that's the case.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Knowing the effectiveness of the jaguar and Maui, Vincenzo hazards a glance to Denazil, his sword hand twitching again.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Juhelos' hand closes around the hilt of his spirit-knife and he turns his arm to a defensive stance with the obsidian blade held along his forearm.

"I think I choose swords after all."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry I didn't have time today for a full post or to get a map prepared. I hope to have that up Friday, probably evening, or Saturday.[/sblock]

_
___ • Ganil Susack •_______• Juhelos Taraw •

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo smiles as he draws his rapier, The fine metel making a sching! as it exits its sheath.

"Then let justice be served! You show joy at the distress of this man's loss of of his daughter! Either you killed her or are directly responsible for her death!!"

Initiative:
1d20+2=15

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ganil is absorbed in his grief deeply enough and Juhelos' words were quiet enough that the First of the Goti-Susack doesn't notice that the two groups teeter on the edge of violence. Sylla notices, however, and as Juhelos rolls the obsidian weapon around to a defensive grip in his left hand she is able, if she so chooses, to get the jump on the grasslands warrior.

OOC: Combat Round One: Sylla is up.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Initiative
Goti
Adventurers

Goti won initiative but Sylla's initiative roll was better than the Goti's. Round One is Sylla's 'surprise' round should she choose to use it.

Note: I don't recall reading that Vincenzo and Denizel dismounted. If I have that wrong let me know and I'll change that on the map.

Map:

Party:
Denizel: 32/32 hp
Maui: 38/38 hp
Taniwha: 34/34 hp
Sylla: 34/34 hp
Boots: 42/42 hp
Vincenzo: 46/46 hp

Conditions in Effect:

Enemy Status:
Juhelos:
Ganil: enemy?
Other Goti: enemies?[/sblock]

_

Scott DeWar

OOC: Vincenzo is indeed still mounted

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Att: +7; Dam: 1d6 + 2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Current Conditions in Effect: none

33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Sylla laughs at Juhelos. "Have you forgotten your manners? Words, uncle!" She slaps at his dagger.

[sblock=Actions]Disarm Juhelos. If this is an actual surprise round, Juhelos should be flatfooted (and FFCMD, yay!) and unable to AoO. Since he's initiating combat, I'm not sure how you want to play it.

CMB is +5, but I haven't been able to log into Invisible Castle. You mind rolling for me?[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 34/34
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (All saves +2 when adjacent to Boots)
Perception: +5, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus (+5, 1d4+2, 19-20x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2/3

Boots

AC:
23 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +7 Will: +1
Perception: +7, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative:
+3
Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+6/+6/+6, 1d6+8, 20x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
Whistling Arrow x1
Smoke Arrow X2[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Round Two

Juhelos exhibits uncanny reflexes and manages to dodge Sylla's slap to his wrist. The mocking grin never leaves his face as he retaliates: he continues to hold the obsidian dagger in his left hand, up in a defensive posture though it seems he is making no effort to actually defend himself with the weapon; with his right hand fingers held stiff he makes two jabbing attacks. The first is deflected by Sylla's armor, the second punctures her skin.

After his attacks Juhelos makes a high-pitched, piercing whistle. The roan stallion held by the line of Goti warriors whinnies in outrage and rears pulling reins from the startled warrior's unsuspecting grasp. The stallion races forward to his master's side and lunges at Boots delivering a hard bite to the eidolon's shoulder. As the horse gallops forward the scout stumbles back away from its flailing hooves.

The whistle snaps Ganil from the obliviousness of his grief. He is clearly unsure how things got to this point but stumbles back and draws his sword to defend himself. The speed which combat broke out has taken the other warriors by surprise and they stand rooted by their horses for the moment.

OOC: Combat Round Two: Everyone is up.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Initiative
Goti
Adventurers

Map:

Party:
Denizel: 32/32 hp
Maui: 38/38 hp
Taniwha: 34/34 hp
Sylla: 23/34 hp 11 dmg from a piercing unarmed strike
Boots: 34/42 hp 8 dmg from a horse bite
Vincenzo: 46/46 hp

Conditions in Effect:

Enemy Status:
Juhelos: (AC 18/T 13/FF 16)
The Roan: (AC 23/T 13/FF 20)
Ganil: enemy?
Other Goti: enemies?[/sblock]

_

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Maui narrows his eyes as his anger flares. "So, Uncle not only knows te story of te Bones, it was Uncle who murdered te girl child" Maui growls out loud as things become clearer and clearer to the druid. Maui senses Ganil's confusion still, a mirror of his own confusion up until a moment ago. Maui, his teeth grit as he fights to restrain himself, draws shield and then his scimitar, and walks next to Ganil offering the Goti his blade, hilt first. "Ganil, First of te Goti Susack, Maui offers you his blade. Strike me down if my words, sharp like swords, are anything but te truth! Your Uncle killed your daughter. He laughs at your pain. Te black stone dagger is broken. It broke killing your daughter. Te Bones lead me to you for rest. But now they beg their father for justice." He points at Juhelos with his other hand. "There! There is her murderer! Do you hear Goti Susack!? There is te murderer of te girl child of your chief!! He chose words, but he draws swords because he does not like te truth they speak!!" The last phrases are yelled at the top of his lungs so all the Goti can hear. Taniwha crouches low, awaiting the command to attack from his master.

[sblock=Actions] Move to E12 and draw sword and shield
Intent: ensure that Juhelos fights alone; in an ideal world the Goti would turn against Juhelos :)
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Even injured and bleeding, Sylla still seems somewhat crazed and joyful. "Not fast enough enough, murderer!" She steps back and casts a spell, and she, Boots, Denizel, and Vincenzo begin to blur with speed.

Seeing his mistress injured, Boots growls and his eyes glow red. "You ... don't ... hurt ... the ... boss!" he snarls, attacking in a whirlwind of claws and teeth.

[sblock=Actions]Sylla: 5 ft step back, cast haste on self/Boots/Vincenzo/Denizel. Sorry, can't get Maui and Taniwha with it. Draw bow.

Boots: Full attack. Four attacks at +7 for 1d8+6. I hope it hurts.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch) +1 Haste
HP: 23/34
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (All saves +2 when adjacent to Boots)
Perception: +5, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus (+5, 1d4+2, 19-20x2) & Longbow
Current Conditions in Effect: Haste
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1/3

Boots

AC:
23 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch) +1 Haste
HP: 34/42
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +7 Will: +1
Perception: +7, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative:
+3
Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+6/+6/+6, 1d6+8, 20x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Haste

Used Items:
Whistling Arrow x1
Smoke Arrow X2[/sblock]

Remove ads