What's on your mind?
+ Log in or register to post
Results 101 to 110 of 531
Friday, 2nd November, 2012, 06:44 AM #101
Scout (Lvl 6)
STR: 16 Bonus (14 without racial +2 modifier equals 5 points spent)
DEX: 14 Bonus (5 points spent)
CON:12 Bonus (2 points spent)
INT:8 Bonus (-2 points spent = +2 earned)
WIS:12 Bonus (2 points spent)
CHA:14 Bonus (5 points spent)
As for the character concept on mine, I would have to redo the background, as the one posted before was for a cleric. This one would have similar, but altered background. First time for me viewing the Oracle class, so sorry it's been taking me longer. So many questions, not enough time. Although, you all seemed to have answered the last two I had pretty well.
- EN World
- has no influence
- on advertisings
- that are displayed by
- Google Adsense
Friday, 2nd November, 2012, 02:30 PM #102
Friday, 2nd November, 2012, 04:05 PM #103
You have taken Sorcerer (+1 HP) for your Favoured class I assume.
The Accursed Bloodline gives you Perception as a Class skill.
* Hit-points [Class 6 + Con 2 + Favoured Class +1] 9
SKILLS (Class 2 + Int 4 + Race 1) 7
*Disable Device^: 6 [Base 1, DEX +2, Class +3 Misc +0]
*Knowledge (Arcana): 10 [Base 1, INT +4, Class +3, Misc +2]
*Knowledge (Netherworld)^: 8 [Base 1, INT +4, Class +3, Misc +0]
*Profession (Librarian): 5 [Base 1, WIS +1, Class +0, Misc 3]
*Spellcraft: 10 [Base 1, INT +4, Class +3, Misc +2]
*Linguistics(Giant): 5 [Base 1, INT +4, Misc +0]
*Perception: 2 [Base 1, WIS +1, Misc +0]
Friday, 2nd November, 2012, 04:07 PM #104
What a group of characters we have! A haunted and lame Oracle, and an accursed Sorcerer, and unemployed soldier looking for some purpose in life. Can't wait to see what DeWar brings to the mix when he gets a background up.
God help you trying to work out why these guys are all working together. I must say that inspiration fails me so far. But do what you can. It will really help me pull together some ideas I am woking on.
Electric, how are you going with your character?
Friday, 2nd November, 2012, 05:15 PM #105
More thoughts on the Setting
I am going to start you in a moderately small sovereign Duchy, one a number of small states or principalities making up the 'island'. I am going to use the cluster modal. Surrounding the capitol, there are a number of regional cities. These are ruled by Barons and are mostly fortified. They are the administrative centres for each of the regions. Surrounding each of the cities are a number of market towns. These are generally not fortified, although they may have some fortified buildings. Surrounding each of these are a number of villages.
The characters will start in one of the towns on the edge of the Duchy. Beyond are foothills leading into the mountains which divide the land in two. There are also forests, largely wild, and dangerous (of course). Generally, the towns and the cities, and the cities and the capitol are one or two days travel from each other.
What is known about The Netherworld.
1. The Netherworld is uninhabited. Of course there are stories about all sort of creatures and kingdoms and dragons (of course) existing in the Netherworld. But no really believes them, just as no one believes there really are vampires and fairies and ghosts in our world. Right?
2. There are a number of different environments in the Netherworld, ranging from arctic wastes to dense forests to barren sun blasted deserts. They all share the quality of appearing washed out, almost colourless. And the actual conditions between the different environments differ little. Some are a little warmer, some a little cooler, some are a little drier and some a little more damp. But thats about it.
3. The paths are always easy to see and easy to follow. Some are great roads, others are merely narrow tracks. But the ground, regardless of the surrounding terrain is never difficult underfoot. The paths are never obstructed or challenging.
4. There are some junctions along the paths. They are rare however. These junctions are always clearly marked and signposted. Sometimes, one of the options at a junction will appear abandoned and disused. It will be overgrown or obstructed in some way. The footing will be treacherous. No one really knows where these paths go. It is believed that they lead to portals that have somehow been destroyed or are otherwise not working.
5. Time and distance in the Netherworld is only tenuously connected to time in the material world. Generally, the time taken to travel between two portals will remain the same each time the trip is taken. But never exactly the same. Similarly, the time taken will generally reflect the physical distance that separates the portals in the material world. But it never seems to be constant. As a general rule of thumb, however, shorter distances take about one minute per mile, longer distances one hour per one hundred miles and greater distances something faster than that.
As always, input is welcome.
Friday, 2nd November, 2012, 05:26 PM #106
Gallant (Lvl 3)
Sorry about the delay. This is my first Pathfinder character, so I admit I'm a bit over my head. Plus, thanks to China's amazing infrastructure, my internet was down for a few days. But here is Sukri, the young, talented thief fleeing his past.
Background and appearance info soon!
Last edited by Electric Wizard; Saturday, 3rd November, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Friday, 2nd November, 2012, 06:38 PM #107
Its way late here, so I will look over the character tomorrow. From what I could see (which wasn't much given the blue on black colouring) it seems pretty good.
Friday, 2nd November, 2012, 09:34 PM #108
Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
- Read 0 Reviews
ø Ignore Scott DeWar
Saturday, 3rd November, 2012, 04:07 AM #109
Scout (Lvl 6)
Uh, I have never used it, but I have a question on Ghost Sound. Can it be cast to actually say something like, "I see someone on the roof," or is it only supposed to be vague talking noises non descriptive? The reason I ask is that this DEAF curse is kind of interesting for a character build and something that would be a first for me as well. - 4 to Initiative (no biggie), auto fails Perception checks based on sound, and -4 penalty to opposed Perception checks.
I would cast all spells as if modified with Silent Spell feat. The bonuses after a few levels even this all out to some rather nice bonuses of +3 to perception, no initiative penalty, scent ability, and eventually (but unlikely to get that high of a level) tremorsense 30 feet.
Dual-Cursed with Haunted and Deaf. Traumatic experience early on caused ___ to constantly hear voices, supernatural things happen around ___ and they are unable to hear natural voices again. Thematically, they go better than Haunted and Lame. Question is, would a deaf character be able to counterspell? I see nothing preventing it, but wanted to ask, to be ready and know what I am getting into.
Saturday, 3rd November, 2012, 04:35 AM #110
You don't seem to taken a favoured class bonus.
Swapping out Trap-finding for Knife Master does mean that Sukri loses the ability to open his box if it is magically locked. It might not be important, but I thought that I would mention it.