This One Goes to . . . Ten [Merged four Oct 29 Playtest Package announcement threads]

It still seems cheap. I don't want to rely on telling players "The jeweller doesn't have any diamonds large enough", I'd rather have a higher outright cost. 500 gp isn't much for a 9th level character.

True. Maybe a 5000 gp diamond?

Of course, of the only jewelers are in big cities, they have to rely on what they find as treasure.

R

RevTurkey

Just downloaded the latest Playtest...

My interest is going in the wrong direction. I am going off this new version.

Starting to get fiddly in my opinion...Race options, Background options, Speciality options...it seems to be bloating up giving option after option after option....great for selling splat books and downloads but do we really need so many mechanical rule options again? I feel 5e starting to lean more heavily toward 3.5 and 4e and that is a shame in my opinion. I am a fan of all editions and liked the idea of a simple game like BECMI that can be expanded as was recently mooted but I find this latest playtest is drifting away from that with each update.

I would like to see Race, Class and a single option within class..

So, you might have a Fighter (Knight) or maybe a Wizard (Enchanter) or even a Rogue (Burglar). Clerics could have their deity as their subclass choice, giving diferent spells and abilities, skills etc...

I guess my main gripe is that we have Background AND Speciality rules. I would merge these into one and have that choice relate directly to the core classes.

Otherwise, I really think the game will not feel like Dungeons & Dragons which has always been a very class driven game. These many many new ways of building characters are obviously trying to please everyone and alllow for selling lots of extra choices but I feel they just dilute the game system.

Just my views, I don't expect to get many people agreeing with my old fashioned opinions.

:D

For bringing a member of the party back to life, it seems a fair trade, no?

And sacrificing a rare magic item wouldn't be?

For some people I know they would say: "Sorry, we didn't get to you in less than a minute. I guess you are going to have to roll a new character. We are not sacrificing my new sword to bring you back to life."

This is a good example of one of those modular points.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Can anyone spot a difference between the current Reclaiming Blingdenstone and the first version? The only things I see are that the monster stats aren't there, the journal pages are moved to an appendix, and the formatting is a lot worse.

Remove ads