[LPF] Wreck Ashore

soulnova

Explorer
"Go ahead. No problem" she nods at Tirithon for the potion.

"Maybe the lighthouse is their base of operations. Attracting stray ships with its irregular light and then strike them blind with magic and board them. I say we should attack Miss Blackreef and her friends now while they are still tending their wounds. Cap, is anyone else in that lighthouse? Could they have made a deal with these pirates??"

Satin Knights

First Post
"Siren be feedin ya to the fishes long before her father sets eyes on you."

"There's just the old man and his wife in the lighthouse. They'd be no match for a single pirate, much less a bunch. The druid hired you to deal with the problems you find. Well, seems ya found one. We'll put ya ashore as soon as it clears."

Looking out towards shore, the mist of morning is starting to burn off, but it is still to hazy to see the shoreline. On wobbly light circles, lighting the mist as it sweeps across the sea.

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien looks at the battle axes while slipping a Sunrod into his belt, then looks to Tirithon, "Well, if you're taking things, I suppose that's an orc's axe for the each of us? I don't care for the weapon myself but I'm sure the workman's build will sell fine."

Listening to the escalating story of what their job has become, Amien rubs his forehead stressfully, "Man.. I wasn't paid to try and find glory or revenge. Then again I'm still a tad not at ease at the magician lady that disappeared on me. I've gotta stop falling for the ones that play hard to get."

soulnova

Explorer

"I don't need an axe but I can carry it for a while. The money from some of this stuff would be good though, but right now I think we should focus on checking if the lighthouse has any problems... which I believe they do"
she frowns looking at the wobbly light passing over the morning mist.

She will also grab the remaining sunrod, the alchemist fire and the compass. She can carry the rest if needed, but would prefer that each one bring their own axe.

[sblock] Hey SK, we haven't had our characters approval for leveling up yet, is that alright? [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Getting tired of the mumblings of the dwarf on how great his mistress is, the captain has the dwarf gagged and tied securely to the mast of the ship.

As the sun rises, it burns away the morning mist. You are about a thousand feet out from the reef that guards the mouth of the river. Upon the reaf, you see the original lighthouse. The light from it has been smothered and the white walls have be sullied with mud, tar and palm leaves in an attempt to hide it. A second tower, a thousand feet from the first, looks to be hastily constructed. This is the source of the false light.

"Thare be your target lassie. What ever plans they have, that looks to be their trump card. Take that out and kill the rest of the pirates, and this shipping route would be safe again. Don't look like much is there. Leave behind a few to guard the ship while rest of you lot take out the last of them."

"We have to navigate the channels and circle the reef. Tricky it is, but with daylight we can do it. We can let you out here and pick you up at the far side by nightfall. These saps were kind enough to give us a row boat. That saves us lowering down our own."

[sblock=ooc]Leveling: I have been a bit slow this week on the other judge stuff of leveling characters. Lost power for a day and such. We can continue on fine at the new levels and I will get to them some time this week to verify them.

Going to split the party. The AWOL players just happen to be staying behind to protect the ship. :cool:[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien adjusts his belt while making paces through the deck to close the distance to the Captain, and tells him intently, "Let me go out there as well. If you're going to make us do more than simply protect the ship, then I don't want to do it by standing around all night. I have to ask a bit more freedom if the job description begins to grow fuzzy."

Axios

First Post
Tirithon picks up one of the axes left behind by the dead pirates. "I'll take that I suppose."

He then looks at the captain. "I'll be going ashore as well."

soulnova

Explorer
"I'll go to the shore too. If that's all of us, then we should get moving as soon as possible. We will meet you on the other side at night." she says with a certain sting in her voice.

Satin Knights

First Post
The little dingy of a boat is a rare gift from the gods, for it may turn the tide of the battle. For this is the same dingy that had fired the ballista that took Galandra off her feet. In the bottom of the boat are another eight ballista bolts, four for each weapon that are mounted upon swiveling pedestals. On shore, you see the fake tower with people moving around it. Bows and crossbows await your approach. They have the advantage of cover for you have no where to hide in a small dingy, but you have the advantage of power if you can get these contraptions to work.

The light of the tower has stopped turning, pointing out and focusing straight upon you.

[sblock=ooc]Light Ballista, 2 rounds to load, 3d8 damage, 19-20/x2 crit, range increment 120'. You have one at the front and one at the rear of the boat. Highly suggested to have fully loaded and ready before leaving the ship.

Inside (actually on top of) the tower, they have partial cover. Once you get close, you see that it is simply white sails that make the walls of the tower, but that still provides the concealment necessary.

To hit the pirates up on the tower, you are shooting into a bright light, for an additional -2 penalty to hit.

Rowing: 1 rower, 20' as a double move. 2 rowers, 30' as a double move.

Number of pirates on shore, at least three, probably more as they are shifting around and making preparations.

No surprise here as you charge the beachhead. You get to pick the distance you want to fire your first shots from and whether it will be ballista or your own bows.

So, how do you want to approach? It is a 1,000 ft from ship to shore. The sandbar is 1,200 ft long.[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
32/32 ~ AC 18 ~ Galandra ~
28/28 ~ AC 15 ~ Amien ~
10/10 ~ AC 16 ~Tirithon ~

-??/14 ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate human male green ~ was rower
-??/?? ~ AC 17 ~ Siren Blackreef caster red~
-??/?? ~ AC 1? ~ Pirate human light turner
-??/?? ~ AC 1? ~ Pirate human light turner

?? is there more??
[/sblock]

Axios

First Post
Tirithon looks to both Amien and Galandra. "So I guess it's just the three of use against all of them." He throws his thumb in the direction of the lighthouse. "Let's see what they have for us." Tirithon moves to load the Light Ballista at the front of the small boat.

Remove ads