January : What are you reading?

Richards

Legend
I'm reading Live Free or Die, by John Ringo. Earth's been conquered by an alien race, and we're trying to get out from under their yoke - and surprisingly, maple syrup is playing a big part in being able to fight back.

Johnathan

NewJeffCT

First Post
Since the "Wheel of Time" series was just completed by Brandon Sanderson, I decided to start that series over from the beginning. I had stopped after book 7 or 8 or somewhere when it got a bit repetitive. I'm almost halfway through the first book "The Eye of the World"

Nellisir

Hero
I'm reading Live Free or Die, by John Ringo. Earth's been conquered by an alien race, and we're trying to get out from under their yoke - and surprisingly, maple syrup is playing a big part in being able to fight back.

It wasn't stolen from Canada's national maple syrup reserve, was it?

the Jester

Legend
Currently reading three books: Against All Enemies by Tom Clancy (disappointing), the Dragon and the Unicorn by err... someone who sounds maybe Icelandic?- IDHTBIFOM, can't recall his name- anyway, it's very interesting, but doesn't hold me as well as I'd hoped; and Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre, a collection of Lovecraft's stories (I always find wading through Lovecraft to be very slow).

I am reading the Honorverse series now. I got the first 2 booksas present for Christmas, and I am now catching up. Book 12 or something like that... I haven't read this much for a long time, and I am not sure if it's the story or the fact that I also bought a Kindle Paperwhite.

Memory of Light was good, though it did seem a little rushed at the end. No spoilers, so don't worry.

I just picked up Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss because a friend highly recommended it.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Finally found the time to finish Steven Pressfield's The Virtues of War. Pretty good though it loses steam toward the end. Very good for those interested in ancient battle formations and techniques. I'll get back into some Bernard Cornwell Saxon Chronicles soon.

Remove ads